April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Writer1847

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have purchased many glossimers over the years. They are by far the best glosses on the market - great texture, fine sparkle, very rich looking.

I recently purchased 'Aragonite', which has now become my favorite Chanel glossimer of all time!

It appears to be a clear gloss with lots of sparkle and fire, but is actually slightly opaque. It has a delicate pinkish/bluish hue to it that changes with the light or with a smile.

It compliments anything you may be wearing, both on your face or on your body (clothing). Aragonite lights up your face and lends a warm, festive glow, bringing out your eyes, almost as if they, too, were sparkling!

Like a lit Christmas tree in a dark room, Aragonite, which is a limited edition Spring 2011 gloss, is a must for every skin tone, hair color, eye color etc.

I plan to buy several so as to keep them on hand before supplies run out! I highly recommend this glossimer! It is absolutely superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just discovered Chanel Glossimers this Christmas and I was able to get my hands on a few of them during the sales.
Since then, I use them all the time, play with the colors to transform the lipsticks and I am totally addicted to them. The only ones I do not like is the ones with sparkles, I hate feeling the sparkles on my lips :o( but other than that, pure love to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SillyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this gloss in Mica, and I utterly adore the Glossimers now! Nice and creamy on the lips and do last! Definitely check it out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by princesstabitha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THE CHANELS GLOSSIMERS THEY ARE WONDERFUL LAST FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND NOT THICK OR HARD TO APPLY I LOVE IT =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only have one glossimer (I am a student so I still can't afford many things) but I'm really in love with it. Delivers a great nice colour on my lips, it's longlasting and even though it's a bit sticky on my lips, it's not annoying. If I have the money I'm willing to look for more glossimers!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

Let me just start off saying I am now a glossimer obsessed girl. My first glossimer started with summer plum (woo when I had bought it.. I was so sad it was soo expensive) but now times have changed.. haha.. I am absolutely addicted to these gorgeous glossimers! I have since then picked up (I believe) 6 additional glossimers within the past 3 months.. Yes.. they are just that lovely!
I haven't ran into a gloss that I had truly loved since.. I of course had glosses I would wear.. but nothing compares..
I know NARS gloss are all the rage and all that.. but I absolutely cannot stand the smell to them.. no matter how pretty the gloss.. if the scent is awful I will not be using it.. EVER!
This is where glossimers come in... smooth.. lovely consistency.. absolutely zero stickyness.. very pretty shine and the gloss does last a bit on me.. (that is if I am not drinking/eating. but I have yet found a gloss that stays even after all that!).
Glossimers are (IMHO) completely worth the money (if you got it to spend!).. would rather buy 1 glossimer than 5 other mediocre ones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't see anything special about these glosses. how are they different than any other gloss (and thus worth the price?) I have 2 but won't get any more. First of all, they are too sticky and thick. I'm not a fan of that texture. Also, they don't moisturize per say; I like glosses that leave my lips feeling nice once they wear off.
I much prefer Korres lip glosses! they also come in beautiful colors, are completely non sticky, are long - lasting, and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by joylovesmakeup

I own like 6 of these glosses and I love them!
Especially ontop of cute bright lipstick!
They last a very long time on your lips.. but I go threw them quickly, in about 2 months or less I can finish a lipgloss!

Really expensive..but its Chanel so what do you expect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Did not like these at all...do not get the hype.Glitter, glitter, glitter with more glitter. I like shine, but I don't want to look like a 13 year old in glitter (who paid $27 bucks for that glitter). I felt it on the whole time...yuk! There are tons of better drugstore glosses (Revlon, L'Oreal). I personally prefer the sticky, but stay on, not bad tasting, nice smelling, multi-dimensional aspect of MAC lipglasses to these things any day. And FYI, if you don't like the lipglasses, try a lustreglass...not sticky and way better than these still. Seriously...what a waste this Glossimer was!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing raves about Glossimers, I finally gave in and bought one, Mirage, a medium mauvey plum.

$27 is the most I have ever paid for a lip gloss, and I'm underwhelmed. Mirage does have a lovely, though very fine, shimmer; those who abhor "glitter" may love this quality. Personally, I prefer the sparkling quality of MAC's Dazzleglasses.

It's probably just that I had unreasonably high expectations, but to me, this seems like a slightly lighter-textured Revlon Super Lustrous gloss.

The Glossimer feels like a very lightweight gel, rather slippery, but not sticky in the least. If you like that kind of texture in a gloss, Glossimers may be for you.

Since this is obviously a good product, but is just not really to my taste, I give it a four.