September 19, 2014 | 1817 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LaurenBahu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am extremely picky about my eyeliner. On a normal day I wear winged-liner. I found that this is the best product for it! I will never buy another eyeliner again. It glides on so smoothly. I love how the applicator is sponge. It really absorbs the liquid. Obviously with any liquid liner, I would highly suggest using an eyelid primer before use to ensure the look will last! LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a great liquid liner- it's not anything super special, but it does an awesome job of being an all-around awesome liquid eyeliner.
I have the black one, and I use it each day with every one of my eye looks. The pigmentation of this eyeliner is not 100% reliable, which is probably the only downside to this product: you do need to maintain a solid amount of product on the tip in order to get it to transfer nicely in one coat. However, it succeeds in giving you that dark, lined look, which I love, so it's worth taking a few extra seconds to apply another coat if necessary.
The applicator is interesting; it's a felt tip, cone-shaped, but this feels like almost like the tip is spongey. It's flexible to a good degree, too (not that that's important). I guess you can't poke your eye out with this, which is good. Even though the tip is not as pointy as it may claim on the packaging, you can still create very fine lines and very thick lines as well. This works great for me, since I do winged liner that varies in thickness throughout the eye.
I don't find this eyeliner to be watery at all; personally, I love its consistency. It's liquid enough to glide on smoothly, yet thick enough to maintain nice pigmentation and dry relatively quickly.
The staying power is very good; possibly one of the best that I've seen for a washable eyeliner! This coming from someone with perpetually watery eyes due to allergies. Of course, it's not waterproof by any means (I've tested it unintentionally), but it lasts for a long time without reapplication and comes off without much of a fuss.
The packaging is nice, I'd say; the cap has the sponge tip on it, so you dip it to get the liner. I don't see any problems with that and think that it's just the perfect size for a liquid liner. I wouldn't call this super cheap; I think I got one for $9 or so at a drugstore. I'm not sure how long it lasts, either, since I've been using it for about a month or so, but it seems like it'll last me a while. However, I think that it is a worthwhile purchase and an awesome product to have in your makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's pretty easy to use and gives perfect results . I use it every day and it lasts for MONTHS. More than six months. Just finished my fourth one ! Simple essential that never fails you, and for a pretty low price.

Pros: Always goes on smooth and doesn't thickens over months. At the end of the day it's still intact and perfect! One line is enough - deep black with the perfect light/fully opaque consistency.
And literally no cons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I actually kicked myself when I realized I bought this in brown, not black. But I'm still able to use it for my lazy and very casual makeup days, using only brown liner and winging it out.

ANYWAY, I love this! I want to go out and get the black! I have monolids, but my lids aren't too oily and this stays on all day without any flaking or smudging or smearing. The felt tip applicator is a bit hard, in my opinion, but that's my one gripe about it. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by itsmissluu

I tend to have slightly oily lids because I have monolids. After hearing my friend rave about this product I thought I would give it a try. To my disappointment it was super watery and took literally a good 10 coats of the product to get it to show up. Through out the day it would peel off on me literally. It dried up and with a slight touch to my eyes it would start just flaking. I tried to prime my eyes and then I apply it to my eyes to see if it would change anything. Never will purchase this again in my life and the price isn't worth it either. Maybe it's because I have oily lids, but definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by cici007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to liquid eyeliner. For everyday wear I use brownish black, it's the perfect dark brown color. The tip is somewhat thin, which is perfect for drawing a thin line or then being able to thicken it up. Sometimes the color can go on a bit watery but I found that if I shake it up first the color is much better. It dries very quickly. It doesn't flake or fade, it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrittney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reading reviews now, I think I may have gotten part of a bad batch. Nonetheless, I found this product very very watery and thin with little pigmentation. It took about 10 coats to get a solidly black line on one eye. After an hour of wear, it began to flake and I was getting tiny flecks of it in my eye. I may try this again one day, but only for the sake of the price and other reviews.

On a positive note, I absolutely adored the applicator!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by toronto27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Until recently, I was a fan of L'Oreal eyeliners, but I found this Maybelline one in my makeup bag a few days ago and decided to try it. I'm so glad I did - it's better than L'Oreal! Its thin, pen-like tip makes it really easy to draw on a straight, thin, clean line, whereas I noticed I would mess up often with the L'Oreal eyeliners as they typically have thicker tips. This one is quite buildable, in the sense that you can easily add tiny little lines here and there to thicken up the eyeliner, if you like a thicker look (i.e. cat-eye).

This liner stayed on all day and didn't budge when I accidentally splashed some water on my eye, though it came off easily with my usual Simple makeup removal wipes. Will definitely repurchase!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

My fav eyeliner. LOVE IT! I feel like im the only one who hates gel eyeliners and eyeliners in pots that you need a eyeliner brush to apply it with. NO! I dont want all that. This is perfectt!!! Felt tip eyeliner application that lets you control how thick or thin you want it and i like how its not like a thin brush which i hate becuase if you need to make a thicker line you have to brush over and over again this has the perfect thickness that lets you control whether you want your eyeliner to be thin or thick. I love the finish also unlike gel eyeliner the liquid stands out doesnt dry matte which makes it pop. And the packaging is great too. One tube lasts about 6 months if used daily if not then lasts longer. If it seems like its drying just add 2 drops if eye drop solution or contact lens solution and its back to new! Same with mascara. Anyways.. Amazing product went through 2 tubes already & will continue to buy this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by piczohun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first liquid liner I've ever used and I love it! It's really easy to use and I've had it for 8 months now and it still hasn't dried up! I have the colour black brown and I find that it works well for my skin tone.