Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 10/12/2014 2:20:00 AM

I definitely don't understand all of the harsh reviews for this product. I love it. I love the wet look (which some people think means that it doesn't dry). I love that it's not thick and SO BLACK when you first put it on, easy to control the darkness of it. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the application felt brush. It's amazing. The price is a little high, but I've been milking mine to the very last drop. I definitely recommend this product for anyone that wants the dramatic winged cat eye.

on 10/7/2014 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this because I liked the Lash Stiletto mascara. I was disappointed - this eyeliner went on unevenly and took up too much product, so it was difficult to do a very precise cat eye. The formula also smudges easily and cakes off when dry. I stopped using it after a few days' trial.

For a few dollars extra, the L'Oreal "Super Slim" Infallable liquid eyeliner provides a more precise line, and is an afforable dupe for the YSL "Shocking" Effet Faux Cils Felt-Tip Eyeliner, which is excellent.

on 9/21/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This eyeliner is horrible. First of all, it takes almost five minutes to fully dry. Secondly, when I put it on, since it's so wet, it doesn't create one solid black line. Some parts are black, and some parts you can still see your skin. But when you go back to fix it and put it on again, all it does is make the eyeliner even more streaky and less black. It's runny and the pigmentation is horrible. Lastly, it smudges very easily and does NOT last all day. It's very hard and nearly impossible to work with. This is a very bad eyeliner, I don't recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish this liner had worked for me, but it always fades in the inner corners of my eyes. I find wet n wild's liquid eyeliner in black last all day, and have a more precise applicator along with a richer color that dries matte.

on 9/16/2014 2:55:00 PM

I've read and watched so many reviews on this and the reviews were very good so I decided purchase this. This eyeliner was good to me for about two hours and smeared off the rest of the time I wore it after those two hours. I have oily lids and used a primer. It transferred on my lids and it was disappointing

LOVE this eyeliner! Along with the Wet and Wild H2O-Proof liquid eyeliner, this is my HG. It's super easy to draw a PERFECT, FINE LINE. The line isn't ultra-fine, but it's pretty thin. It's like a .7 mm pen vs a .5 mm pen line. I like the brownish-black color. It's not too intense for office/day wear, but it is still dark enough to really DEFINE your eye. I find that I need to "re-dip" the felt-tip in the bottle in between application from one eye to the next, but I don't think this is a problem. Also, you never have a problem of having too much product on the felt-tip applicator, as is often a problem with this type of liner.

on 8/19/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hoping that with this being called Line Stiletto that I would be able to make thin lines, however I found the felt tip to be too thick for me to get a precise wing, or in to my inner corners. It also would wear off on the outer corners as well. And if I accidentally rubbed my eye at all there would be a powdery dark black fallout from it all over my cheeks. I did like how dark black it was, however will not repurchase.

on 8/8/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used to absolutely love this product. But did Maybelline change something in their formula? At one point, last year, I took a break from this and switched to their gel liner. But a few months ago I decided to go back to liquid. For some reason, my eyelids started to swell and dry up and looked similar to a stye. I thought that maybe I just didn't wash my eyes of makeup properly. I waited another month to try this product again, and the same thing occurred. Not only to me, but my best friend too. This eyeliner is great and its technology is well built so I'll give 3 stars for that. But how am I suddenly allergic to this product when it worked perfectly fine on me a year ago?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this is my HG liquid eyeliner. The brush is thin, flexible, and easy to use and makes thin lines. The eyeliner sets almost immediately, and stays in place all day for me (and I have oily lids). It isn't the most matte eyeliner, I find it almost satin. It also removes easily with an oil cleanser.

If I had one complaint it's that I wish it came in more shades. I'd love this formula in a navy or grey.

on 8/2/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am really loving this eyeliner! It has a felt tip, but also allows you to dip it into the pigment after each line so it doesn't dry out like my Nyx felt tip pencil. I have the Line Stiletto in Blackest Black for a more dramatic look. The lines are dark, precise, and last all day. Perfect for cat eyes. If there's one downside it would be that it doesn't really stick to the waterline since it's not waterproof, but that also makes for easier removal.

Would definitely re-buy.