L'Oreal Clean Artiste

3.9

GREEN BOTTLE / Waterproof & Long Wearing: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl, Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride. ~~~BLUE BOTTLE / 100% Oil-Free: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 6/18/2012 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It's superb for removing stubborn eye make up my cleanser won't get off, which isn't that often. It is green in color but fragrance free.
I dot my cleanser (Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive) on my face then take C.A. shake it, then apply with cotton ball or pad. Hold it on my eye for a few, don't wipe! it will dissolve your make up.. . I then wet my hands and spread my cleanser all over then splash off. Done! Clean skin and eyes. No residue, stinging. Most important, no wiping and tugging on my eyes.
It can be hard to find in drugstores. I found it first with the Loreal cosmetic display at Walgreens. Now put down that old cold cream Vaseline stuff and go get some..be kind to your eyes.

on 5/22/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this oil-based eye makeup remover! I had used another one a few years back and found that the oils seeped into my eyes and blinded me. I swore them off. I decided to give this one a try and I'm glad I did. With one dab on a cotton ball, it removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner with ease. The oils condition my lashes/skin and do not hurt my sensitive eyes! The packaging is beautiful and easy to spot. It also removes any kind of longwear lipsticks if you're stuck in one.

on 1/21/2012 3:00:00 PM

for a while, the only makeup remover i'd use is the Clinique rinse-off eye makeup solvent. it was 17.00 and i went through a bottle every couple weeks, being 16 and unemployed, it's hard to find the money for that! i found Loreal's clean artiste makeup remover and decided to try it out.. i love it! it compares to the Clinique makeup remover. it's only 5.49 at Target and it lasts a couple of weeks. it has no oil so it doesn't bother my contacts. i completely recommend this to anyone who likes an oil free makeup remover.

on 12/17/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wear waterproof and water resistant makeup, and this does a great job at getting it all off at the end of the day. My only complaints are that the lid is difficult to get off (you have to push and twist, and by push I mean push really hard), and it takes a lot to get all my makeup off. Other than that, it is a really good product that I would probably buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like the way it is designed for long-wear and waterproof makeup (which I wear everyday) and how my eye makeup comes off easily and quickly. The only thing I don't like about this product is that It leaves my eyes all greasy feeling. But overall, I like it.(:

on 10/21/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My latest buy in an effort to find something I like as well as Lancome Bi-Facil. CA works ok but compared to Bi-Facil it's like comparing a Nissan to a Maserati. Both will get you there in the end but with CA I find it takes double the amount as Bi-Facil and still I'm holding the cotton pad against my eyelids for an inordinate amount of time with iffy end results. And I don't even wear waterproof mascara or heavy duty eyeliner. I didn't have a problem with the cap so maybe they fixed that but I only give them middlin' marks because they could have put a squirter in the bottle so there would be some control of how fast this product pours out. CA is cheap but I'd rather have good so I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy the Lancome product if I want fast and thorough.

Note: I did find this gentler than Sonia Kashuk's Remove and Neutrogena's eye makeup remover so I would buy if I couldn't get Lancome Bi-Facil.

on 9/17/2011 1:02:00 PM

I use the store-brand knockoff of the blue formulation of Clean Artiste. The ingredients are the same.

This is the best eye makeup remover I've used. Much better than any kind of oil or Vaseline, and superior to Estee Lauder's remover (which I think dried my lashes, caused lash-loss, and didn't remove all my mascara).

This formula is as mild as water on my eyes, and it takes off almost all my mascara. Previously, even after using remover and facewash, I'd have mascara smudges under my eyes. Not so with this product. It also doesn't cause any drying or stripping of my the skin around my eyes.

I'm very happy with this remover and will continue to buy it because the knockoff is so cheap and effective.

on 8/17/2011 12:40:00 AM

I started using this product 3 days ago because of rave reviews on youtube. I heard that it helps your lashes grow so I thought I'd give it a try. I already have pretty long eyelashes but even after 3 days of using this I see a difference. My lashes look fuller and healthier because of the lash conditioners in this remover. Every night i wash off all my makeup but there's usually a little bit left so i swipe a cotton ball with the remover over my eyelids focusing on my lashes and i go right to bed. This product is great for those of you whose lashes need a little boost. I definitely recommend it.

on 7/4/2011 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love the safety cap, great for travel.
It takes off most of my makeup. I find that after I wash my face I have raccoon eyes, and need to use a q-tip to get the excess eyeliner off.
It also leave my face kinda greasy. I don't really care because I wash my face after using it.
One bottle lasted me 3 months, so a little goes a long way.

I honestly haven't found a remover that removes everything, most do absolutely nothing for waterproof formulas, so this is good enough.

on 6/26/2011 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this only because I was at Ulta and had a coupon, making it dirt cheap. I usually use the Sonia Kashuk remover, and this seemed to be the closest thing I could find.
It works very similarly to the SK. However I hate the childproof pill bottle style lid. Very annoying. And the formula itself leaves a horribly oily residue it leaves behind. It does take off long wear and waterproof makeup with ease, however I use remover on a Q-tip to prefect eyeliner and things during makeup application, and the residue is horrible for this. For once I'm glad one of my cats knocked a product in the sink so I can return to my SK remover.