Stila Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 11/14/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am surprised at the mediocre reviews here. This is truly my HG scent. It is just light enough that it never gives me a headache, which is rare as so many scents make me seriously ill when I wear them. The problem is finding the stuff. Seriously, I feel like you have to be a hunter to get your hands on it. Sephora is eternally sold out of it, and even the Stila website doesn't do a great job of keeping it in stock. I covet the bottle I have so much that I hardly wear it. In fact, the last time before today that I put it on was on my wedding day. One of my bridemaids said "what it the world is that?" "that is my favorite thing I have ever smelled". This is a very picky friend. I had to go on to tell her it is my favorite too, but that I never wear it because it seems to be so tough to get your hands on. The name suits it perfectly IMHO, because there is nothing sharp to this scent in any way, and it truly does smell so lightly sweet that I could imagine drinking it out of the bottle(probably not recommended...LOL) I don't get too much powder and certainly nothing sour out of it, but I smell a light creamy vanilla with soft flowers mixed in. If you are on the fence, I say try to get your hands on one of the rollerballs, as it is pretty cheap and a great way to try it. That is how I got hooked, and of course, now I can't find one anywhere for my purse.

on 9/12/2008 3:03:00 PM

At first ,this was a bit strong older lady scent ,then after a few minutes it dried down to a beautiful light vanilla scent with a bit of floral.I bought this also on beauty crunch after I had been on the fence about it for a long time. My fiance said wow ,very nice and he is VERY hard to please when it comes to fragrances.

on 9/11/2008 7:54:00 PM

LOVE the bottle but not the fragrance. It smells very artificial to me. I definitely get the vanilla but the floral is lacking. Really wanted to love this one, but have swapped it away.

on 9/10/2008 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is such a nice fragrance! It's light but yet still sweet and floral with a hint of warm vanilla. As for the powdery accord that people describe: I HATE POWDERY FRAGRANCES (like seriously I can't stress it enough), but I think this "powdery" is more milky softness than powder.
I find it's my favorite when I'm relaxing with my guy friend and don't want to smell too overpowering but still want to smell good. I get tons of compliments on it too.
The packaging is really cute and I feel it fits the fragrance perfectly.

on 8/27/2008 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didnt like how it smelled on me at first, but then after a moment i fell in love with the scent!!it's so creamy yet lovely.I cant stop loving it!

on 8/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Stila says this is a delicate blend of vanilla, pink lilac and lily of the valley....
I say this fragrance is hard to overdo. The vanilla is not too sweet and lends a soothing quality. Very soft. I imagine males may find this attractive, in a comforting sense: the perfect cuddle-on-movie night fragrance. As for the 'powder' I read in other reviews, I get a calming, creamy aroma. Definate repurchase for me.

on 6/24/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Although I do like scents with a bit of a powdery quality, this for me was ultimately TOO powdery and I sold it, somewhat regretfully, on eBay. I love the bottle, though, it's romantic and pretty without being exactly "girly." I do love the creaminess of this fragrance -- if only it wasn't overpowered by the powdery aspect (maybe I should say overPOWDERED). The creamy floral quality is the upside here.

on 5/28/2008 2:07:00 PM

I have been dismissing this fragrance for a loooooong time because it's initial blast is an overwhelming powdery mess. In the drydown, though, the powder receeds and (as the name suggests) a sweet creamy floral bouquet emerges. This is the perfect fragrance for the Stila girl - ULTRA feminine, soft, sweet, demure, clean. It's pretty in a semi-sophisticated way. Not bad, but not really for me.

on 5/22/2008 2:31:00 PM

I want to love it... but I just can't. This is straight up baby powder mixed with 1980s shampoo on me. Strong and nauseating, it never fades, and just keeps going and going. I hoped this would morph into something creamy and floral and vanilla, but it just kept smelling more and more like baby powder. Nay.

on 5/21/2008 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in a swap from a generous MUAer. This has vanilla in it but not in an intense sickly sweet way. It is like a blend of delicate white flowers, white musk and creamy white chocolate-vanilla.

This lasts for ages!!! I thought TBS vanilla oil was long but this beats it. I have the spray version and use the roll on for touch ups. The spray version is better if you want max silage.

Though i received both versions in a swap i would not hesitate to buy when these run out.

Popular Fragrances