Clarisonic Refreshing gel cleanser

2.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone, Glucosamine HCl, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Gel, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Cyanocobalamin, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance. -Willow Bark Extract (1%): A natural antiseptic and beta-hydroxy acid that promotes cell turnover. -CoQ10 and Coenzyme Q10: One of the few lipid-soluble and naturally occurring antioxidants found in skin. It's essential for cell viability and energy production while protecting against loss of collagen and elastin. -Bearberry Leaf Extract: A natural source of arbutin, which is a naturally occurring skin brightening agent similar in structure to hydroquinone but gentler. It reduces hyperpigmentation by reversibly inhibiting tyrosinase, an enzyme involved in melanin production. -Aloe Vera: Conditions and restores suppleness to dry, flaky skin, and is also known to have wound-healing and anti-inflammatory properties.

on 8/19/2012 3:56:00 AM

I received a sample with my clarisonic mia, and hated it instantly. It smells terrible and makes my skin sooo dry (although it is mormal/combination) - i NEVER had dry skin sensation like this before. It smells horrible, like chemicals, and it's very runny.

on 8/13/2012 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To put this in context, I have very tough skin. I usually never react to anything, and can put 1mm of Retinol all over my face, twice a day and it doesn't peel. Well, this stuff made it peel with no Retinol use. I could not emphasise enough - if you are over 40, don't use this gel! I have combination skin, oily t-zone, and a chronic tendency toward blocked pores. I was using this for about a week before I finally figured out what was going on with my skin. This stuff literally strips the natural oils from your face and leaves it tight, red and uncomfortable. The culprit - Willowbark extract. It is an astringent/antiseptic and increases your sensitivity to the sun - absolute no-no in Australia. As you can imagine, strip the oils, your skin over-compensates in the parts that it can, and goes dry, red and flaky in the parts that it can't. So you get a combination of even more blocked pores, set off by dermatitis. I was slapping on Bio-Oil, trying to get the whole thing to settle down. This stuff is not meant for mature skins, save yourself a lot of problems and stick with the cleansing milk. I'm not even sure I'd recommend this to the younger ladies as it's the most harsh cleanser I think I've ever come across.

on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM

I got this as a sample with the purchase of the clarisonic mia. i love how soft and supple my skin feels after using it. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. My skin had breakouts and after a week of using it, my skin cleared up. It smells nice too. But the only downside to this is the price. It is expensive here in singapore. But i wouldnt mind buying it for my skin.

on 6/30/2012 4:29:00 PM

I don't know why this has such negative reviews, I personally love this stuff! Once I became pregnant I broke our everywhere and my doctor said this would be safe to use since it is natural. It has willow bark to help fight my acne and it does just that. I use this in the morning as I feel it gives me a nice glow. At night I use the belli facewash which is formulated specifically for pregnant woman and my skin has never looked better!! I use both with my clarisonic but I like the way this wash feels with it. It's sticky enough to not slide off while using my clarisonic but it still lathers. I also love the smell!! HG for me!

on 12/6/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used the sample I received with my clarisonic brush, both the Refreshing Gel Cleanser and the Gentle Hydro Cleanser made me break out.

on 10/14/2011 9:19:00 PM

i honestly enjoy this product..it balances my skin, is very gentle, yet effective, and makes my skin feel good! most cleaners leave a heavy buildup or are soo drying that it makes my skin peel. i only got the trial size, free with the clarisonic, and will try the other samples before i decide if i will purchase this in the future.. will update when I am done with them all :) the only negative thing about it so far is the lingering taste if you accidently get a bit in your mouth. it foams enough, but not too much that it stings in your eyes.

on 3/8/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a travel size when I purchased the Clarisonic skincare brush. Personally, I'm not a huge fan. I felt that it was an average cleanser, something you would get at a drugstore. I expected more from Sephora! It cleaned my face for the night, but my skin wasn't baby soft like it is when I use other cleansers, and I felt like it didn't tighten my pores or clean as deeply as other products. Would not purchase the full size.

on 9/12/2010 12:33:00 PM

I got a sample of this with my Clarisonic and I finally tried it out last night. I honestly didn't notice any difference in my skin (softness, etc) from what I usually use (Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash). And the scent was very much like hair dye. I will use the sample until its all gone, but I don't plan on actually buying a full size of this.

on 9/8/2010 2:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this as part of my Clarisonic Ultra Kit and forgot all about it until last week. What a pleasant surprise! It foams quickly and works extremely well with out or without my Clarisonic. Here are some notes from the website about what it does and I would tend to agree after 1 week of use:

What is it: A pH-balanced gentle foaming gel cleanser to relieve and protect oily and congested skin. It leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. It is pH-balanced and scientifically formulated. The key ingredients are willow bark extract, CoQ10, bearberry leaf extract, aloe vera, grape seed extract, Japanese green tea, chamomile flower extract, white tea, pro-vitamin B5, vitamin B12, and glucosamine.
I do like the idea of the vitamin content, but the level of absorbtion is probably next to nothing, lol. That said, it does clean out the pores and leaves the skin perfectly balanced; not too dry, not to greasy, just soft and smooth.

I have not noticed any ingredients that would lead to a reduction on acne. I look for things like Sal. Acid, etc. This product does not do that imo. It does take off makeup and eyeshadows, non-waterproof mascara. It does smell good and rinses quickly. At $25.00 a full tube should last a long time, but I'm still working on my deluxe sample. This is the only foaming cleanser in the line. I should be ready for a full sized tube in about 2 more weeks or so. I took off two lippies because the packaging a flip top cap that will tend to gather product at the spout, but that's just fine. This is a keeper.

on 6/25/2010 5:57:00 PM

I got this when I bought my Clarisonic. It said it was for oily skin, which I have. When I used it it didn't help my skin but it didn't worsen it either. I definitely was expecting something awesome since the Clarisonic is so great but this was pretty boring. Plus it's so runny when you try to get just a little you end up getting a lot more than you need and it gets in your eyes.

Top Rated Clarisonic Products