September 23, 2014 | 1986 users online

Cleansers - Clarisonic - Refreshing gel cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by makelmg

I don't know why this has such negative reviews, I personally love this stuff! Once I became pregnant I broke our everywhere and my doctor said this would be safe to use since it is natural. It has willow bark to help fight my acne and it does just that. I use this in the morning as I feel it gives me a nice glow. At night I use the belli facewash which is formulated specifically for pregnant woman and my skin has never looked better!! I use both with my clarisonic but I like the way this wash feels with it. It's sticky enough to not slide off while using my clarisonic but it still lathers. I also love the smell!! HG for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by turuleka

I used the sample I received with my clarisonic brush, both the Refreshing Gel Cleanser and the Gentle Hydro Cleanser made me break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i honestly enjoy this product..it balances my skin, is very gentle, yet effective, and makes my skin feel good! most cleaners leave a heavy buildup or are soo drying that it makes my skin peel. i only got the trial size, free with the clarisonic, and will try the other samples before i decide if i will purchase this in the future.. will update when I am done with them all :) the only negative thing about it so far is the lingering taste if you accidently get a bit in your mouth. it foams enough, but not too much that it stings in your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a travel size when I purchased the Clarisonic skincare brush. Personally, I'm not a huge fan. I felt that it was an average cleanser, something you would get at a drugstore. I expected more from Sephora! It cleaned my face for the night, but my skin wasn't baby soft like it is when I use other cleansers, and I felt like it didn't tighten my pores or clean as deeply as other products. Would not purchase the full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I got a sample of this with my Clarisonic and I finally tried it out last night. I honestly didn't notice any difference in my skin (softness, etc) from what I usually use (Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash). And the scent was very much like hair dye. I will use the sample until its all gone, but I don't plan on actually buying a full size of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this as part of my Clarisonic Ultra Kit and forgot all about it until last week. What a pleasant surprise! It foams quickly and works extremely well with out or without my Clarisonic. Here are some notes from the website about what it does and I would tend to agree after 1 week of use:

What is it: A pH-balanced gentle foaming gel cleanser to relieve and protect oily and congested skin. It leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. It is pH-balanced and scientifically formulated. The key ingredients are willow bark extract, CoQ10, bearberry leaf extract, aloe vera, grape seed extract, Japanese green tea, chamomile flower extract, white tea, pro-vitamin B5, vitamin B12, and glucosamine.
I do like the idea of the vitamin content, but the level of absorbtion is probably next to nothing, lol. That said, it does clean out the pores and leaves the skin perfectly balanced; not too dry, not to greasy, just soft and smooth.

I have not noticed any ingredients that would lead to a reduction on acne. I look for things like Sal. Acid, etc. This product does not do that imo. It does take off makeup and eyeshadows, non-waterproof mascara. It does smell good and rinses quickly. At $25.00 a full tube should last a long time, but I'm still working on my deluxe sample. This is the only foaming cleanser in the line. I should be ready for a full sized tube in about 2 more weeks or so. I took off two lippies because the packaging a flip top cap that will tend to gather product at the spout, but that's just fine. This is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Sundaes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this when I bought my Clarisonic. It said it was for oily skin, which I have. When I used it it didn't help my skin but it didn't worsen it either. I definitely was expecting something awesome since the Clarisonic is so great but this was pretty boring. Plus it's so runny when you try to get just a little you end up getting a lot more than you need and it gets in your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Miku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just bought clarisonic and received this cleanser with it. well, i don't like it at all. i used it with clarisonic and the product is too runny and splashed into my eyes when i was washing my upper cheek. i was tearing the entire time washing my face. the quality of the cleanser is just ok, i don't feel nothing too special about it. i will use my favofite cleanser with clarisonic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by mrsfnulnu

I first tried this cleanser when it came as a trial size when I purchased my Clarisonic brush. I was amazed at how much I liked it--it really made my skin clean, not tight, and as other reviewers have noted it had a nice consistency that did not slide right off the brush. From the first use, I liked this cleanser more than any other I had used. Not sure if it was the brush, the cleanser, or the Renova I had recently started using, but my skin was looking transformed. Smaller pores, glowing, etc. I finished the trial size tube and decided the $26 price for the full size was worth it. I ordered it on Ulta and as soon as I opened it, I knew something was different. Thinner, bubblier, more like a cheap "soap" than a cleanser. Plus, for the first time, I noticed tons of weird bluish/pinkish sparkles IN the cleanser. All I can conclude is that Clarisonic has changed their formula or I got some knock-off imposter. I may try again and see what I get if I buy another tube, but if it is like this one I will not buy again. Really disappointed because I thought I had found my HG cleanser.

Edit: I talked to Customer Service at Clarisonic. They have indeed changed their formula. This must have occurred between when I bought the brush in fall 09 and when I ordered the full size cleanser in Dec or Jan 2010. I will not purchase again as the new formula does less for my skin than a run-of-the-mill soap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a limited time, Sephora packaged the Clarisonic with a full-sized Kinerase product that I love, plus 3 trial size tubes of the (Clarisonic) cleansers. When it was time for F&F, I jumped at the opportunity. While I like the Clarisonic brush and (still love) the Kinerase C8 treatment, I dislike the cleansers, so far.

This cleanser is meant for normal-oily skin, and it does feel like my skin gets cleaner than with the "gentle hydro" cleanser (yuck). However, I have also very sensitive skin (pretty common for those of use that are prone to breakouts) - and this stuff has a LOT of fragrance in it. Even after I rinse (thoroughly) the smell hangs on my skin & my skin seems much more irritated. (I know that It's not the brush, b/c when I use it with other cleansers, my skin is fine.)