manuka honey

4.4

Ok so I am writing this review on the first day of purchasing this product. It was quite expensive but I was desperate to find a product to help my acne prone skin and clear some of my scars. So I have used put a layer all over my face and left it for an hour and a half. Washed it off in a v hot shower and my skin feels ten times better already. It's so smooth and my moderate fading acne is no longer inflamed and red and it feels so clean, it's too early to see a reduction in the scars but so far after one use I am very impressed! Don't forget to scrape your hair right back as it's sticky! Highly recommend so far- I will update....

I love to use this as a mask! extremely gentle. Great for acne prone skin, helped clear up my face a lot

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I've had chronically chapped lips ever since i can remember. I have tried somany products the sephora sa has given upon me. During a particularly rough patch, i went to the doctor. Apparently some chapped lips are caused by bacteria, who knew?

She suggested a 50/50 mix of manuka honey and a heavy oil product (like vaseline, aquafor or coconut oil). The oil is just to reduce the stickiness and give it some staying power. (Aquafor is working great for me, i found the coconut oil vanish way too quickly.

Worked like a charm! I may even be able to wear lipstick soon, something i haven't done since i was a kid. i'm thrilled!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a product that I would describe as 'subtle but necessary'. It is very healing and I use it in conjunction with harsh spot gels which really works well to heal scars and prevent skin damage. I use it as a mask and also a nightly spot treatment on scars, however there is probably something that works more effectively for that. However as a nightly skin mask, it really does work wonders. It brightens, clears and heals.

anti inflammatory, anti viral, anti bacterial, anti microbial, best mask ever. Moisturizing enough for dry skin and helpful for oily/ acne prone skin. Improves texture and tone. Assists in anti aging/ fine lines. Make sure you purchase one with at least an active 15+ or higher. This honey is used all over the world in other countries for many medicinal uses. AMAZING!!! I will never ever ever ever not have this in my cupboard. The price is a little high (around $30) but I rated it as a $5 because I would pay ANYTHING to have it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Had a really painful blind pimple pop up on my chin the other day and nothing worked to bring it to a head so then I remembered I had my comvita brand manuka honey umf18+ and applied some on the spot directly and covered with a band aid for a couple hours and when I removed it this evening, the blind pimple has finally shown its ugly head! Its also reduced in size and not painful like it was before! I've tried this for regular spots and general face masks and it hasn't been that miraculous but if u have a cystic pimple or a pimple without a head, this will definitely speed it up for u and it will heal in a few days rather than a few weeks! Make sure to buy real active manuka honey from trusted company's otherwise it won't be as effective.

I will never ever ever not use this stuff. In summer when i persisted with this twice daily my acne scars, that have plagued me for years diminished. However i decided to get a clarisonic mia which sent my skin into a frenzy at first, but now it's okay and ive persisted with that ever since and neglected this :\ bad decision short term but i think long term it will be for the best. Atm i'm going to try and balance the two but here's how i got maximum results.

I steam my face open and leave this on for around an hour then steam it again with it on before removing it to get it right into my skin! So it restores and repairs with maxiumum effect and i do this morning and night. Then straight after whilst my pores are open apply a hydrating toner and repairing serum such as advanced night repair by estee lauder, and boom, my skin was really clear for months.

Then i got clarisonic went through the purging phase and now i use that once every 3 days as of recently, as opposed to everyday, and i'm going to repurchase this and use this every day i dont use clarisonic and try and acheive that skin i managed to acheive last year when i was using this religiously. Really good product so glad i came across it. I used 15 + but will go for 24 + next time :-) and i used the pure gold from holland and barret.

I'm reviewing medical grade UMF 12+ manuka honey by Activon. I paid 15 PLN (roughly 5 USD) for a 25 g tube.

First of all, it is superb on cracked, infected lips. Not only it moisturizes, but also has a strong anti-inflammatory action. I used to struggle with cracked lip corners throughout the winter, but all I need to do is to apply manuka honey several times a day on the cracks and as a leave-in mask on entire lips before bedtime, and they fully heal within a day or two.

Secondly, I use it on spots, burns and all kinds of wounds - they heal faster and cleaner with less redness both from inflammation and scarring.

I find it is very reasonably priced considering how potent it is and comparing to cosmetic products. A must have!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I went out to buy manuka honey to use as a face mask after seeing the good reviews. However, it didn't seem to do much for my skin. It does smell and taste nice but it hasn't really made a difference to my skin. I was hoping it would tighten up my pores and soften my skin. I bought the Comvita brand with UMF 5, so maybe that's why it's not working. Gonna purchase one with a higher UMF and see what happens.

First impressions of manuka honey: nothing special. But yes, I gave it 5 stars. Let me explain...

The first time I used manuka honey, I really really wanted to like it. I slathered it on my face that was breaking out and had high hopes, especially after reading review after review raving about it. I left it on for about 30 minutes then stepped into my shower and washed it off. Looked in the mirror, no difference. I thought maybe it will look great tomorrow morning! So I went to bed and woke up and still..nothing. I was quite disappointed because it didn't really do anything for my skin (no reduced redness, increased softness/hydration, nothing). This didn't mean that manuka honey was bad, I just thought that I probably needed something else that would help.

Fast forward to today, MANUKA HONEY IS AMAZING FOR BURNS. Okay, this is going to sound very silly of me. And well, I really was pretty silly. My chin has been breaking out recently so when that happens, I usually grab my aztec clay and mix it with acv to make a mask. Before I did so though, I read that someone had tried putting tea tree oil in it and had great results. So that's what I decided to try. Now when they meant putting in tea tree oil, they would most probably assume everyone would know that a drop or 2 would be enough. I knew that. But when I accidentally poured a little bit too much in it, I decided "what's the harm?" and applied the mask anyway. Probably the worst thing I could do to my face. I was left with a rather big burn on my chin with no one to blame but myself.

Obviously with a big burn mark on my face I would want to try heal it as soon as possible. I remembered reading an article somewhere that manuka honey was also great for burns and decided that there was nothing I could lose even if it didn't work. So I cleansed my face then dabbed on a drop of manuka honey on my burn and left it. Throughout the day, my burn started to itch a little which I knew that it meant it was healing. Hooray! After about 7 hours, I decided it was time to remove the honey. Before I did so, I looked into my magnifying mirror to see if there was any difference. I realised that my burn had started to flake! Gently, I pulled on the "flakies" and when I was done, the unsightly brown mark on my face was gone and underneath was fresh new skin! I was shocked but also so happy!

If you think about it, if manuka honey can clear my burn within a day, why didn't it help my acne at all? I think that for my skin, manuka honey needs to be left on much longer than just 30 minutes in order for it to have any effect. Of course, I am also aware that everyone's skin is different and not one product will work for everyone. So if you are like me, having experienced little to no difference when applying manuka honey onto troubled skin, maybe try leaving it on (much) longer. Perhaps our skin just needs more time for a product to penetrate :)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products