July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That packaging picture is very old. The new one is designed like the Neutrogena one. It says to be comparable to the Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover and it is. This is an exact dupe for that and faaaaaaaaaaaar cheaper! I'm on my second bottle, takes off eye makeup very well. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Takes off all of my eyemake up with just a couple swipes. I soak two cotton rounds with the remover and hold them on my eyes for about 30 seconds. Then I slow begin to pat and swipe away the makeup. Just pressing on my lids after holding the pads there removes so much makeup. I only swipe gently to get the remaining mascara and eyeliner off.

I've even used this to remove the liner I've placed on my waterlines.

After washing my face, I rarely have any leftover m/u residue on my eyes when I use this first.

Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes one bit. Price is just right too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by coloryouclingto

Burns the eyes, doesn't work very well. you really have to scrub, especially for any glittery eye makeup or to remove any mascara you've put on. I feel like it never really got all of my make up off, and it was NOT nice to the eye area, and I'm not sensitive in any sense of the word. Pay the few extra dollars for the Neutrogena, which works PERFECTLY and doesn't hurt your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I needed something to take off heavy-duty Halloween makeup, as I used a glitter eyeliner as eyeshadow. I've also needed to remove Zombie makeup with it. Olive Oil was too expensive and it was hard to remove its residue afterwards.

So, I thought I'd try the Equate... NEVER AGAIN!!!

It works fairly decently, removing makeup from the eye area quickly. However, it also felt like it was removing skin from my face. The area beneath and to the sides of my eyes burned like crazy for a day or so afterwards. There was only slight redness, but nothing horrible looking, but it was tender and painful for the next day.

I know that makeup can irritate the skin, but I've never had that problem before. Not with makeup wipes, nor with olive oil.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't judge a product by it's price! This product is honestly great. It takes off all of my eye makeup and doesn't burn my eyes. I've had my bottle for four months and I'm barely halfway. This lasts such a long time and the price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by southernsweetheart

Used this on my eyes. It wiped off so easy. I do see two levels of liquid (you need to shake it before you apply it) & it feels like baby oil. It didn't bother my skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an okay product, better than a lot of other brands out there. I need a make up remover for my waterproof mascara but this does not remove it all. I'm left with black smudges around my eye. It doesn't leave an oil slick around my face which is good but Jojoba oil is better in removing waterproof mascara, very quicky and doesn't irritate eyes. Probably won't be buying this again but ill give it points because it is a better option compared to the other drugstore brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this awhile back because I thought, "Hey, it's just eye make up remover. I just need something a little extra for that stubborn mascara/eye liner that isn't swept away by my toner".

Nope.
It worked OK at getting some of the mascara off (I use Lash Blast Volume...the non-waterproof one), but by no means did it take all of it off. I would still have mascara flaking off the next day! I would wake up with dark smudges under my eye from mascara residue.

This did not work for me at all, and it wasn't even soothing. Pay the extra couple bucks and get a different eye make up remover, because this is not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

When I bought this, it was Wal-Mart's generic of Neutrogena's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. I loved Neutrogena's, and figured maybe I should try this for $2 or $3 cheaper. It worked exactly the same! Both Equate's and Neutrogena's makeup removers are said to be oil-free but I beg to differ, since you can see two substances clearly separated in the bottle until you shake it (usually oil is the top layer).

However, even if this does contain oil it's not nearly as much oil as in other waterproof makeup removers like Maybelline's, which is heavy on oil. This one is much lighter on the skin and easier to wipe off. It may leave a little greasy residue but I recommend rinsing afterward with a facial cleanser anyway; not much work.

I reviewed Neutrogena's Oil-Free Makeup Remover some time ago and have the same exact things to say about Equate's. But I also recommend a very easy and far more affordable alternative in the long run--just mix 3 parts water (or aloe water, if you need moisture) with 1 part pure olive oil, shake to dilute, and use that as makeup remover. It may feel heavy depending on how much oil and how well you mix it, but I find it just as effective as (if not more than) any commercial makeup product I've ever used, including Equate's and Neutrogena's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: ~$5/120 mL

Packaging: 3 (plastic bottle, small neck, screw off lid)

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I don't mind this eye makeup remover. I don't really wear waterproof mascara (very infrequently) so I can't speak to that. But for normal everyday mascara like CG Lash Perfection, and eyeshadows and Stila Smudge Pots gel liner, it's great.

I take a cotton pad and flip the bottle onto it 3 times to create a big enough area to saturate my eye, and I hold it onto my eye for about 5-10 seconds before I start gently stroking my eye area in downward strokes. You need to give the remover some time to start breaking down makeup.

I do not have any issues with this -- it's cheap and it works. I'd buy again, but I would prefer it to have a flip cap, which is more convenient.