April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Lancome - Hydra Zen Teinte Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by WAP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really liking this tinted moisturiser by Lancome at the moment. Its nicely packaged but not cheap at around 24. It has a good texture and moisturises my skin really well. It leaves me with a nice, dewy glow that lasts most of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

In my quest for the perfect replacement for the discontinued Aqua Fusion TM, I have finally found my new HG! Although this one is a tad lighter, it's perfect for my slightly paler winter skin. Sheer coverage, very moisturizing, and a nice smell equals love! Packaging is also great, will def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by dustyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am 27 years old. i have bought this product because i need it light coverage , and good hydration for my normal to dry skin.
it worked really well for me , even the times that i did not use my daily creme before.
i have tried shade 2 !
i have tried in the past similar products from lancaster and clinique. there is no comparison!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really lovely product. I'm a neutral NC20 and wore this in 3 (Doree) as I was a little more tanned at the time. The shades are very forgiving and blendable; this colour was slightly too dark but it didn't look orange or patchy. I've found TMs tend to feel a little greasy, especially in the heat, but this was super-comfortable and light whilst evening out my skin and providing sheer-to-medium coverage. My skin is combination, dry in patches, and I was wearing it in 35C weather so I was quite "glowy" too - this stuff stayed on all day with no blotchiness. It even held up to swimming. Very, very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by evemarie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hydra Zen Teinte is a fabulous tinted moisturiser! The coverage is not as sheer as most similar products but that suits me fine as I like a little bit of coverage - I have dry skin so use this over my usual moisturiser but those of you with combination or normal skin could easily use it alone. It comes in a generous size which will last a few months with daily use as you don't need to apply a lot. I don't know what it is about it but it gives the illusion of flawless 'glowy' skin without the use of any light reflecting particles etc - it has a satin finish that evens out the complexion without looking 'made up'. I apply this before concealer (Mac Studio fix on blemishes and YSL Touch Eclait on under eyes) and finish with Clinique loose powder in Transparency neutral. The colours are 01 Naturel which is a fair, neutral/ warm tone, 02 Sable fair, neutral/pink and 03 Dore medium, warm/tan. I started off using 01 but found it a little too pale (I like to use sheer formulations in a slightly darker colour than my skin tone) so I tried 02 which was very pink on me. The sales assistant suggested 03 and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it blended really well with my skin tone even though I am pale - it looked dark coming out of the tube but it gave me a nice healthy glow. I intend to continue to purchase both 01 and 03 and mix them or use 03 alone depending on how my skin looks, eg with or without fake tan. I would recommend this product to any age group but particularly to those who (like myself!) are finding that their foundation is giving their skin an aged appearance - I can honestly say that this product makes my skin look about 5 years younger and that can't be a bad thing! My only complaint is that the UV protection is not broad spectrum (which unfortunately is the case with most Lancome products) as the only sunscreen ingredient used is Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate which only offers UVB protection so please don't rely on this to prevent skin ageing. Overall though an excellent product which I hope is never discontinued!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

I needed a tinted moisturiser as I have a slight tan. I have freckles so a lot of foundations and moisturisers can look too dense on me. I am not a regular Lancome user either but having been accosted by the Clarins rep. who showed me a very dark tinted product which she assured me would be OK on my very pale skin I ventured in the direction of the Lancome counter. The SA told me pretty much what other reviewers have said, it gives a glow overall and a little coverage but suggested that I could use come concealer underneath if I wanted. I tried it on one half of my face and let it settle and I am most impressed with the results. It gives some coverage, light and translucent but enough for days when I don't want to wear much make up but don't want that washed out feeling either!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Sushi3

Bought this because my winter foundation was getting too light, and I wanted to try a nice tinted moisturizer. The SA recommended Lancome Hydra Zen, I'd never used Lancome before but I decided to give it a try. And it's great! Nice consistency, easy to spread out and natural colour. I have the neutral color, and it looks very sheer but still helps to even out my skin. I do sometimes put a thin layer of normal moisturizer under it, if my skin is drier than usual, which also works fine.
If you have oilier skin this moisturizer might give a little too much of a 'natural sheen', however. I don't think it looks too shiny, although I do tend to brush a little translucent powder over my nose and forehead to even it out a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by MisguidedGhosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it a good product it has very little coverage which is what im looking for... but for the price i must think there are better ones out there that are cheaper, i'm 16 and live in australia, this cost me $50 AUD which is alot, if ur a high school student wearing this everyday to help with some pimples i got shade #2 and it only 50ml, btw my mum thinks using deparment store product (ones that cost more) is better for ur skin.. whenever i but items that are like $ 10 my mum doesn't trust it would do any good for me, but i just feel guitly spending alot of money on something thats not gonna last me... for skincare right now im using shiseido... might nupdate soon ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by samolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, it is love, but definitely not the love from the first sight. When I first bought it and tried at home, it was a bit of disappointment. It didn't apply smoothly, seemed to make me too pale (I have shade # 2), and my always flakey skin did not look any better. So I just put it away in the far end of my cosmetic box as yet another wasted money product. Actually this TM was on its half-way to the garbage bin when I decided to give it another try. And it did its best not to disappoint me this time, and I'm deeply in love. It makes my skin so healthy looking, so glowing, so smooth. It even has some light coverage properties, so my pores look smaller--but it's still me, it's still my face in the mirror, and that's why I prefer tinted moisturizers to full coverage foundations.
A very good product and I hope they will not discontinue it.
However, this TM may not suit those who prefer matt finish, and what looks as a "healthy glow" for me may be regarded as an "oily sheen" by others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product, moisturizing and smells nice, great colors, I got 03 a medium beige that is natural looking on my NC37 skintone. I think it is quite pricey though.