September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MarkAdia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I'm a 26 year old straight guy - yeah, I'm on a makeup site because while looking up more reviews on this product, I found myself needing to post here.

I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. I bought this product because we use Rhassoul mud in my culture quite a bit, so I found myself happy to find a product that had this mud incorporated into it.

I have no complaints, my skin feels great and polished, it isn't too dry nor too oily - just perfect. I'm happy I went into this store to buy a friend's gift, and ended up with this. It works fantastic. I think just getting it to the right consistency for use on one's face with mixing it with water; but you'll get used to it. The smell is a little "earthy", but I like it. It wasn't overpowering either, it is just great. My face stayed great all day long, I didn't get oily skin again after a couple of hours as i did with other products - nor did it feel "tight".

A tip for guys going into here: there's also a cinnamon shampoo bar that stops hair from falling out. It works too and helps u grow your hair back.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in LUSH with a friend since she wanted to pick up shampoo. I was browsing around and she found me and saw that I was looking at this product: "our velvety charcoal and rhassoul mud cleanser exfoliates, absorbs excess oil and brightens complexions." She raved about it and I figured I could use a natural cleanser. I've tried many cleansers from Boscia purifying cleansing gel, Shiseido deep cleansing foam (it was effective but made my skin feel tight), Body Shop tea tree clearing facial wash and various drugstore brands (Cetaphil, Spectro gel and Clean & Clear) but I was never quite satisfied. I use Body Shop cleansing oil to remove makeup and then take a pea sized amount of product from the pot and put it on top of an empty aspirin bottle. (Be sure not to get the entire container wet!) I hop in the shower, wash my hair and then work the product with some water and rub rub rub. I've been using this for two weeks now and so far my skin has been loving this! I have combination skin (more on the dry side at the moment since this winter seems never ending, it snowed a few days ago, this isn't spring! I digress), I don't find it too harsh. Initially, the smell of charcoal was off-putting but I've gotten used to it. I only used it once a day when I'm in the shower since it's messy. The only downside is that the shelf life of this product is three months. I'm going to need to use this on my neck and shoulders to finish in time, lol. I paid $12.95 CAD for 100g. I'd definitely repurchase this. Although now I want to try angels on bare skin too! I'm a totally converted Lushie!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up because I needed something to exfoliate with. I really like the smell. It's a really woodland fresh smell. Like a campfire while camping. It is messy but I use it In the shower so no big. The first time I used it. I scrubbed my whole face. I soon noticed it was a bit too much for my non-oily skin. Now I just use it on the parts of my face that need exfoliation only when I need it and not as a preventative, so I don't dry out. I don't have a problem with a black residue even before toning. Which is something was worrying about. I also use it on my body once and a while. Really makes me soft and bright. Defiantly recommend to oily girls that like a rough scrub. Dry girls might want to look else where.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Another Lush sample that I didn't want This contains the volatile irritating fragrant oils rosewood and sandlewood.At 57 I still have an oily T-zone. Products like this are not the answer. They may seem to help temporarily but in the long run applying irritants to the skin like these oils will only make matters worse. Pores will become larger and skin oilier Also messy to use.This is not skin care. Avoid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mariahalmasy

This stuff is amazing! After a week of use, I can already see a big difference! My blackheads are practically all gone. I have tried pretty much everything to get rid of them, and this really works. Because I have sensitive skin, the fewer chemicals the better, so this is perfect. You really need only a dime size amount to work, so even the little container will last for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for an alternative to the hard-to-find charcoal & sugar scrub/mask by Freeman, and was really excited to find this product. It's not as drying as LUSH's comparable soap, and I love how easy it is to customize it to the texture I want (even if doing so makes a bit of a mess sometimes). I use it every other day, though, as the particles in it can be a bit abrasive and I have very sensitive skin. It doesn't leave any kind of oily residue, which is something I was worried about with this product, and overall, I love it, just not for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE the smell (like licorice) and the idea that it's natural but there are a couple big down sides to this cleanser. First you have to tear off a piece and mix it with water in your hands to use it, but it's crumbly and therefore it's easy to lose bits of it in the sink. This wastes product and is overall a nuisance because it gets a charcoal mess all over your bathroom. Second, this is a VERY abrasive cleanser with VERY large particles. You can definitely feel how rough they are even using no pressure when you wash your face. For a once a week scrub, it's great....but I am just not convinced that this is safe to use twice per day. It's also not cheap at $12.76 for 0.22lb.

This product did not break me out or cause any allergies, despite the harshness of the texture. However, I am also not sure that it would be a good idea if you did have active acne lesions or a tendency towards sensitive skin as it would likely aggravate those conditions.

I will probably not repurchase due to the cost for what see as a limited use product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOW DOES THIS HAVE SUCH GOOD REVIEWS? It is way waaaaayy to scrubby, I felt like it was digging holes into my skin even when I massaged it really gently. Its also crazy messy and not practical. But my biggest issue with it was the residue. This is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!!! It leaves a grey black residue that settles into all my pores and just would not come off with water, so I had to use my cleanser to get it off which I did not want to do because I can't over wash my face, it's quite sensitive . Despite all this , I used it three times a week (please don't use it more often it is just too much for the skin to handle ) and saw no improvement in my acne or oils. so bad

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by PosterRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing!

A bit about me: I have SUPER sensitive, acne prone skin with an oily t-zone. A few weeks ago, I was on the hunt for a new facial scrub. Something gentle that I could use 3 times a week. When I first heard about the properties of charcoal in skincare, I was intrigued and wanted to get my hands on Freeman's charcoal and black sugar scrub/mark. Unfortunately there are no Canadian retailers that sell the product, and was determined to find a substitute.

Man am I glad I found Dark Angels. It makes my skin soft, bright, and helps clear acne. I use this product in the shower, since it can be a bit messy. I also use LUSH's tea tree water toner to remove any left over residue. I tend to mix it in the palm of my hand for a longer period of time, so it's not as abrasive.

This product is awesome, and I definitely recommend everyone should check it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this cleanser at all . The coal pieces are really big and too harsh to use on your face and I also find that it doesn't get rid of anything (oil or traces of foundation), it just scrapes my face. On the other hand I really like the smell. I use it as an overpriced bodyscrub :)