October 24, 2014 | 1039 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by BreahPickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. This is my holy grail product. Nothing else works for me. When I'm at work, I can't wait to go home so I can wash my face with this stuff.

My love affair with Dark Angels started when I was in technical school for the Air Force (you finish basic, go to tech school to learn your job, then go to your first base - then you're a real person) I used to be friends with this girl and I would go to her room and we would have a girl's pampering day. One night she pulled this stuff out and we used it as a mask. I asked her if I could take a little back to my dorm room with me, and so she packed a bit in a Ziploc, and the rest was history.

I realized it wasn't a mask, but a facial scrub/wash - and started using it correctly. I use this every morning and night, and my skin has been the clearest it's been in a long time. I love the smell, texture, EVERYTHING about this product.

I got based in Germany, and the closest LUSH is almost two hours from my base, in Frankfurt - and I will drive there and back to get this product. (I usually wipe the store clean of this product though, imagine me...with 4 or 5 of these little things, stacked up - hobbling to the counter and this little German girl laughs at me...)

I'll be using this stuff for years to come. If they ever stop making it, I will be so depressed.
Someone needs to write a power ballad dedicated to Dark Angels.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with my last LUSH order and was unsure if i was even going to use it. I have oily skin, and i've read plenty of reviews on it on LUSH.ca but never pulled the plug on buying it purely just because i've been so happy with my other LUSH products. I figured it was some sort of sign they gave me this as a sample since i was slightly interested in it, so i gave it a go the other day. I am REALLY impressed so far. If you've ever used Herbalism from LUSH then you already know how to use Dark Angels. Works exactly the same, so i wasn't turned off by the mess it can make. The smell isn't great, but its not bad either. Its like a black licorice/dirt smell, but not over powering in my opinion. I didn't find it at all as abrasive as a lot of these reviews are saying. Maybe i mixed mine up more, who knows, but i found it a pretty light exfoliant. I also didn't experience the "residue" a lot of the reviews are also talking about, as soon as i splashed water on my face and wiped dry, it was all off. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean. Didn't dry me out either. I still use toner and moisturizer afterwards, but i didn't feel like i had to. My skin really seems to like this so far, i will probably buy a pot when my sample is up!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by courtneyj20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure about this product. I just started using it and I'm not sure if I'm breaking out because of this or what the deal is. The smell isn't offensive, however it is strong. The consistency is also not to bad. For this product I'm Switzerland.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by emmacoles27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i had been unsure of this product as i have tried many lush cleansers and they hadnt really done wonders for my skin. i was out looking for a natural exfoliator to replace my clearasil one as i try and only buy cruelty free products. I got this and a sample of coalface to try together to stop my acne occuring again, dark angels has been amazing for me and really brightens my skin! the pot is a pain but you get used to it. i have found that it washes off really easily and makes my skin so soft. will defo be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Sjouklm

I've been using this product for approximately one week and I love it! I have oily, blemish-prone skin and I find that this product exfoliates very nicely and is not too harsh. The sugar-like texture feels nice and my skin is left feeling clean, not tight. My only criticism is that the smell is very, very strong but after a few uses I've gotten used to it. I only use this in the shower as it is much easier to wash off that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MarkAdia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I'm a 26 year old straight guy - yeah, I'm on a makeup site because while looking up more reviews on this product, I found myself needing to post here.

I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. I bought this product because we use Rhassoul mud in my culture quite a bit, so I found myself happy to find a product that had this mud incorporated into it.

I have no complaints, my skin feels great and polished, it isn't too dry nor too oily - just perfect. I'm happy I went into this store to buy a friend's gift, and ended up with this. It works fantastic. I think just getting it to the right consistency for use on one's face with mixing it with water; but you'll get used to it. The smell is a little "earthy", but I like it. It wasn't overpowering either, it is just great. My face stayed great all day long, I didn't get oily skin again after a couple of hours as i did with other products - nor did it feel "tight".

A tip for guys going into here: there's also a cinnamon shampoo bar that stops hair from falling out. It works too and helps u grow your hair back.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I was in LUSH with a friend since she wanted to pick up shampoo. I was browsing around and she found me and saw that I was looking at this product: "our velvety charcoal and rhassoul mud cleanser exfoliates, absorbs excess oil and brightens complexions." She raved about it and I figured I could use a natural cleanser. I've tried many cleansers from Boscia purifying cleansing gel, Shiseido deep cleansing foam (it was effective but made my skin feel tight), Body Shop tea tree clearing facial wash and various drugstore brands (Cetaphil, Spectro gel and Clean & Clear) but I was never quite satisfied. I use Body Shop cleansing oil to remove makeup and then take a pea sized amount of product from the pot and put it on top of an empty aspirin bottle. (Be sure not to get the entire container wet!) I hop in the shower, wash my hair and then work the product with some water and rub rub rub. I've been using this for two weeks now and so far my skin has been loving this! I have combination skin (more on the dry side at the moment since this winter seems never ending, it snowed a few days ago, this isn't spring! I digress), I don't find it too harsh. Initially, the smell of charcoal was off-putting but I've gotten used to it. I only used it once a day when I'm in the shower since it's messy. The only downside is that the shelf life of this product is three months. I'm going to need to use this on my neck and shoulders to finish in time, lol. I paid $12.95 CAD for 100g. I'd definitely repurchase this. Although now I want to try angels on bare skin too! I'm a totally converted Lushie!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up because I needed something to exfoliate with. I really like the smell. It's a really woodland fresh smell. Like a campfire while camping. It is messy but I use it In the shower so no big. The first time I used it. I scrubbed my whole face. I soon noticed it was a bit too much for my non-oily skin. Now I just use it on the parts of my face that need exfoliation only when I need it and not as a preventative, so I don't dry out. I don't have a problem with a black residue even before toning. Which is something was worrying about. I also use it on my body once and a while. Really makes me soft and bright. Defiantly recommend to oily girls that like a rough scrub. Dry girls might want to look else where.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Another Lush sample that I didn't want This contains the volatile irritating fragrant oils rosewood and sandlewood.At 57 I still have an oily T-zone. Products like this are not the answer. They may seem to help temporarily but in the long run applying irritants to the skin like these oils will only make matters worse. Pores will become larger and skin oilier Also messy to use.This is not skin care. Avoid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mariahalmasy

This stuff is amazing! After a week of use, I can already see a big difference! My blackheads are practically all gone. I have tried pretty much everything to get rid of them, and this really works. Because I have sensitive skin, the fewer chemicals the better, so this is perfect. You really need only a dime size amount to work, so even the little container will last for a while.