August 27, 2014 | 950 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by DeliaIris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Light weight formula that moisturizes and is safe to use on sensitive skin. Oil-free and moisturizes. Has not caused breakouts and helps soothe skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful moisturizer, I apply it every morning and every night to my face and neck. I have especially dry skin in the winter, but I didn't want a super thick formula. First I tested out my mom's oil-free version with spf and that worked for me (downside was the smell because of the sunscreen), so I decided to try this formula. It leaves my skin soft, hydrated and glowing all day. It didn't irritate my skin at all, which was a huge plus. It isn't too thick, has the consistency of a light lotion and I found that it was fast absorbing - great for when you're in a hurry and need to apply makeup after. My HG moisturizer, I will forever repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Kelb92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best one out there for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. Im obsessed. Its light enough for summer and still perfect for the colder months. Love this. HG!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

PROS:
-Doesn't break me out
-Oil-free formula
-Light non offensive smell
CONS:
-Feels heavy and greasy on my skin
-Increased oil production
-There are better moisturizers for same price

This is an average moisturizer, it does the job of getting rid of flakes and dryness but leaves my skin noticeably more oily during the day. Greasy skin is not a good look when you're oily to begin with! Now I use it only at night in conjunction with Retin-a and it never breaks me out which is a plus. Won't repurchase as there are many more impressive moisturizers at this price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Chelchau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best packaging and very good moisturizer for dry skin

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by briella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I do keep repurchasing the cbination skin version of this product, it's only because it is cheap and doesn't break me out. The bottle claims to keep the t zone from getting oily but of course that's not true. The lotion itself absorbs into skin nicely, doesn't have any fragrance to irritate skin and is packaged nicely. All in all it's a good moisturizer but does nothing for oil production.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decent moisturizer. It eliminates my oil T-zone; definitely helping to balance moisture on my sensitive, oily-dry combo skin. The only down side is that it's only a moisturizer (and all it will probably ever do is moisturize); so don't expect it to perform any miracles( like eliminate wrinkles). It does a better job at moisturizing my skin at night than Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion +( around $30), (wearing it alone or over a serum). Bare in mind, this isn't the richest of moisturizers so during really harsh winters in Toronto, so you might have to turn to something else if your skin has really dry patches.
This is about $15 at Shoppers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having acne-prone and sensitive skin, moisturiser has always been the one product that I find hard to like. A product that doesn't suit my skin will pretty much immediately break me out or leave my skin feeling irritated and I have experienced this with all the moisturisers I have used so far, from low-end to high-end they all haven't worked for me. I gave up for a couple years and stopped using moisturiser all together but I was away on holidays over the new year and I was feeling dry after being at the beach so I went to Woolworths to pick something up, this just happened to stand out to me.

And wow am I impressed! No irritation, no further breakouts and no oily feeling. Just a light weight but hydrating moisturiser. It has a handy lockable pump as well which makes it great for travel.

Overall, I'm really happy that I've found something that works for my picky skin. I would definitely recommend this to someone who has an oily-normal or sensitive skin type.

UPDATE: I have recently learnt about antioxidants and how beneficial they are in skin care so I've now moved on to a different moisturiser full of them which is working great. I still like this as its very lightweight so if you want a very simple formula than this is good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I jumped on the "non-comedogenic" bandwagon. I trusted every product that stated "non-comedogenic". I started doing research and you have to pay attention to the ingredients.

I wanted to find an oil free moisturizer for my skin. I am a Retin-A user and have been for many years so I need a moisturizer. I used this for about a week (before my research) and realized this made me break out. I thought, "how could this be? It states non-comedogenic." Well, this is what set off my intensive research.

This contains not one but two very high pore clogging ingredients. One is Ethylhexyl Palmitate (listed as the 3rd ingredient) and the other is Isopropyl Isostearate (listed as the 8th ingredient). Ethylhexyl Palmitate has a rating of a 4 (5 being the highest on the pore clogging scale and Isopropyl Isostearate has a rating of a 5! No wonder I broke out!

Please...if you have acne prone or sensitive skin, please do your research!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Directioner617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is a very good mosturizer :) it works well with my skin :) finally a mosturizer that works well hahaha (miracle). All other mosturizers i have used broke me out or gave me pimples. But this one works wonders! At first i didnt like it because it didnt work at all then i decided to give it another chance and then it started working for me. :) i guess it didnt work before because i went in the sun even tho i tried not too. Too bad it doesnt have spf :/ i have combination skin (just oily on the nose tho haha) it is so sensetive with the sun ! Even without the spf its a good mosturizer! :) i use it in the morning and night ! And i wake up with nice skin haha (: i definetly would recommend this ! Just dont go out in the sun xD