April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love/hate this mascara. I LOVE the way it leaves my eyelashes. It makes them look full and long when I first apply it. However, not even an hour later I look a raccoon. It is the exact opposite of waterproof and it flakes like crazy. I have never had a mascara flake that much. I would never purchase this mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh...they came soooooo close with this one. It could have been my HG. It's soooo beautifully rich and black...my eyes just pop.

Waterproof?? Not only is this NOT waterproof, it literally look like a raccoon before I'm out the door. :( However, BEFORE I look like a raccoon...my eye lashes look like a mascara ad. Gosh I love this mascara.

I've tried different under eye concealers and powders with this. I even stopped putting it on my lower lashes. I've tried topping this with Voluminous as my last coat.

My lashes are pretty long and thick so I this might be why it's such a problem for me. Shorter last ladies might not have as much transfer. If it didn't smudge it would be my fav mascara ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal's Waterproof Original Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black has to be my current favorite mascara to use. I have used many expensive mascaras including Benefit's They're Real! and Christian Dior's Diorshow Waterproof. None of these mascaras have given me the length and volume that the WOV mascara has given my lashes! My lashes are very limp (although long) and using some mascaras (that are not wax based) makes my lashes lose their curl within mascara application after curling them. This mascara has helped to keep my lashes curled all day until I take the mascara off--and taking it off is a breeze for me (I use Sephora Waterproof Eye-makeup remover). This mascara does not smudge onto my lids, nor does it flake; it basically feels like a department/high-end brand mascara, without the hefty price tag. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Katrinaedda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed. The brush was completely filled with product making it impossible for clump free application. The formula was not my main concern it was the brush. It was gloopy and applied the product unevenly. Over all i would not recommend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by sparklyturtles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is pretty good. It makes your eyelashes full and very dark and is waterproof. There are a couple of issues, though: it does clump up a little bit, and although it doesn't come off with water, after a few hours it makes pools of black under your eyes and gets black creases on your eyelids. It also seems like it doesn't dry, which is probably why it gets all over your face, as when you touch your eyelashes even hours after you applied the mascara it gets on your finger. I gave it 3 lipsticks because it looks good if you're like taking a picture or doing something quick. I do not recommend wearing it to school, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by glossipgirl7

This is pretty much my new HG mascara. People are saying it smudges and flakes all over, but I've never had any problems with that. It may be because I don't have oily lids, but I don't know.
This mascara provides insane volume and length for an OMG-are-they-real? look. Just the thing for my straight, medium-length, fine lashes. The colour is BLACK. DEEP, DARK BLACK. I have dark hair and lashes, so I tend to wear the darkest shades of mascara because it adds drama and it doesn't look too different from my natural lash colour. It holds a curl fairly well. after 5-6 hours, the curl loosens up a bit, but it's nothing major.
I love the packaging. Sleek, slim black-and-gold tube. The brush is longish and kind of on the fatter side. It doesn't have rubber bristles. Holy cow, this stuff deposits a lot of product. I think that's what gives me that dramatic look, but it can glob on the end of the brush. Scrape excess off before application.
So I think the search is over for me. I've found my one true love, mascara-wise. Will most definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by roccamita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this one, but what a letdown. It was so clumpy on my lashes and difficult to remove even with makeup remover. 3 hours into my workday and I was having black smudges under my eyes. Too much product gets on the brush that I have to wipe excess off with a tissue. It doesn't really do much for my lashes except darken them. If I apply really slow, I may get minimal clumps at best but I'm not one that wants to spend so much time on just my eye makeup. At least I know I won't be buying this again. It was not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

This has a great deep, dark black color. Always like waterproof so my lashes stay curled. My lashes are long, but very straight, so always need the curler.
I only take off one lippie due to the fact it's really difficult to remove. I use the Neut. eye makeup remover to get this off.
This separates nicely and makes my lashes look fuller and works well w/my contacts. No eye irritation at all.
Barrel opening could be a bit smaller.
That's all, folks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I like this better than the non waterproof version but I still don't like it.It smudged less ,it flaked less and clumped less but it still sucked.I can't really believe that this was waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pixipoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using Lattisse for a little while and I wanted to buy a mascara that would enhance the length of my lashes. I bought the waterproof as usual. I only wear waterproof mascara. It had been a while since I had worn this particular one before. I put it on and was loving the carbon black color and the way it made my lashes seem full and long. Unfortunately, every day that I have worn it, others point out to me that I have black smudges underneath my eyes! It's supposed to be waterproof! I won't be buying this again.