October 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a while but the last tube I bought was horrible. It was as if the tube end that is supposed to squeeze off the excess product was not there or something and the brush is a big old clumped up mess! Has anyone else noticed this? I had to keep wiping off the product on the top of the tube just so I could wear it. Maybe my tube was faulty? I will not buy this ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Should have checked here before buying this. Raccoon eyes is right. I wore this once, and I have dry skin. By the end of the day a thin black film was arced under each eye. Not what I was going for.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyelashes: Asian - Longer than the typical Asian lashes, but still sparse. Sticks straight out and no natural curl.
Skin type: Oily.

I love Voluminous because it gives my eyelashes a lot of volume. But I have very oily eyelids. So after even an hour, it starts smudging slightly even though it's supposed to be waterproof. After 2-3 hours, I start looking like a raccoon. Very disappointing because Voluminous holds my curl very well. I always have to wipe the wand because it dispenses too much product that can make your lashes clump together.

PROS:
- Holds curl well.
- Inexpensive.

CONS:
- Smudges easily (supposed to be waterproof)
- Too much product on wand

Overall-
It's not horrible... It's the only mascara so far that actually holds the curl to my straight Asian lashes. As long as I touch up frequently during the day, it's decent but I would prefer not to have to worry about raccoon eyes. I am going to continue searching for a mascara that does not smudge and holds my curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by koko47

Ladies if you have oily eyelids AVOID!!!!

OMG worst smudging I have ever encountered! I left my house with gorgeous lashes..... three hours later after a major presentation at work I went to the washroom and I looked like an actually raccoon! This wasn't a "bit" of smudging for flaking this was major. It looked like my upper eyelashes had been smushed against my undereye and all the mascara rubbed off!! Thank goodness it was only $6CND cause it went right in the trash.

For some reason the "Carbon Black" line from L'Oreal smudges way more than their regular mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by l0vebuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great classic mascara! Doesn't clump or flake at all. It smudged a little after a long day, but stayed put for the most part. I tried this after really liking the waterproof Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara. This one is a few dollars cheaper, but the False Fiber Lashes gives more length and volume, plus it holds a curl better. However if you want more natural looking lashes, go with this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

I really wanted to love this mascara....

I was expecting a good amount of volume from it, and it didn't deliver. Apart from that though, it makes a really nice everyday my-lashes-but-better mascara. Holds a curl really well, nice and and black, flakes a little bit after awhile ... but not really that noticable unless you're right up close.

Packaging is really nice though, looks a lot more expensive then it is. The brush is full, so it does coat the lashes nicely.

Only reason i'm not repurchasing is because I prefer a lot more volume, but if you're looking for a nice every day mascara, this is it. It goes on sale pretty often too for 5.99 CAD, so BONUS!

(If you wanna stick with l'oreal and you want a lot of volume, get the Voluminous Power 24 hour, the brush is huge and it's great! Two coats and it's long lasting volume all day)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Lashes318

I absolutely love this mascara! It gives me amazing volume,while coating every single lash and also being the blackest formula! Great staying power as well. For the price you can't complain because you def. Get what you pay for plus more!! I recommend this to all of my friends and family or anyone who asks about a good quality for the price mascara. I quit using this for a while and for the life of me I don't know why. Haha but I would give it a try for sure because if you don't like it you can always return it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 More reviews by babyblue59

I love the Voluminous mascara and I needed a waterproof mascara for the beach/pool/etc. I couldn't believe it when this mascara smudged under my eyes! II've never had a problem with a waterproof mascara... Usually they do not budge. I'm really disappointed in this product. I have non waterproof mascaras that don't smudge and are 100x easier to remove.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After about 30 minutes of wearing it turned me into a raccoon. A waste of money, never buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I actually really like this mascara and, maybe far down the road, it'll be a permanent staple of my makeup bag. It lengthened and volumized pretty well and it didn't slide down my face over the course of the day (which is a big deal for me!) and it held curl excellently. With a good eye makeup remover it was fairly easy to take off, but didn't come off with just water (or tears!). The one thing that bothered me is that, especially as time went on, it was more and more difficult to apply without clumping, and so suddenly I'd only have like eight super thick eyelashes :P two ways I dealt with it: scraping off excess product so there wasn't so much on the wand before applying, and wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of my lashes before sweeping upwards.
Overall, I just don't need a waterproof mascara right now so I won't buy again for a while, but it certainly wasn't money wasted and should I need one in the future, I know what to get.