September 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Lashes318

I absolutely love this mascara! It gives me amazing volume,while coating every single lash and also being the blackest formula! Great staying power as well. For the price you can't complain because you def. Get what you pay for plus more!! I recommend this to all of my friends and family or anyone who asks about a good quality for the price mascara. I quit using this for a while and for the life of me I don't know why. Haha but I would give it a try for sure because if you don't like it you can always return it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 More reviews by babyblue59

I love the Voluminous mascara and I needed a waterproof mascara for the beach/pool/etc. I couldn't believe it when this mascara smudged under my eyes! II've never had a problem with a waterproof mascara... Usually they do not budge. I'm really disappointed in this product. I have non waterproof mascaras that don't smudge and are 100x easier to remove.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After about 30 minutes of wearing it turned me into a raccoon. A waste of money, never buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I actually really like this mascara and, maybe far down the road, it'll be a permanent staple of my makeup bag. It lengthened and volumized pretty well and it didn't slide down my face over the course of the day (which is a big deal for me!) and it held curl excellently. With a good eye makeup remover it was fairly easy to take off, but didn't come off with just water (or tears!). The one thing that bothered me is that, especially as time went on, it was more and more difficult to apply without clumping, and so suddenly I'd only have like eight super thick eyelashes :P two ways I dealt with it: scraping off excess product so there wasn't so much on the wand before applying, and wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of my lashes before sweeping upwards.
Overall, I just don't need a waterproof mascara right now so I won't buy again for a while, but it certainly wasn't money wasted and should I need one in the future, I know what to get.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I heard this mascara was really good (and think I used it or a similar product in the past), but this was impossible to even open! I was going to return it but decided to have someone open the tube for me and gave it a shot.

This does make your lashes look pretty good (though not the best mascara I've tried for that false lash effect), but it seems to make my lashes fall out! No bueno! Back to Great Lash for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It didn't add any length but added decent volume and separated nicely. It held my curl pretty well but not as well as waterproof mascaras from Maybelline and Covergirl (but it was easier to take off than those). It was more of a natural look for me, which I like, especially for going to the beach or waterpark. However, I wouldn't dare wear it anywhere with water. I had it on for 2 hours and it was already smudging under my eyes, and I was just sitting in class on a fairly cool April day. I tried just wearing it on my top lashes and it still smudged. I wouldn't wear it around water, which makes this mascara pretty much useless since I don't like wearing waterproof mascara everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

MY FAVORITE MASCARA OF ALL TIME.

This was perfect for my lashes. It did everything I needed a mascara to do. Added length, a bit of volume & separated my lashes at the same time. Another plus is that it's so lightweight. Sometimes, depending on how you apply, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing mascara. I've gotten some many compliments on my lashes when I wore this mascara! :) Super happy with this mascara. Will repurchase it until the day I die. It's a must-have in my collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love/hate this mascara. I LOVE the way it leaves my eyelashes. It makes them look full and long when I first apply it. However, not even an hour later I look a raccoon. It is the exact opposite of waterproof and it flakes like crazy. I have never had a mascara flake that much. I would never purchase this mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh...they came soooooo close with this one. It could have been my HG. It's soooo beautifully rich and black...my eyes just pop.

Waterproof?? Not only is this NOT waterproof, it literally look like a raccoon before I'm out the door. :( However, BEFORE I look like a raccoon...my eye lashes look like a mascara ad. Gosh I love this mascara.

I've tried different under eye concealers and powders with this. I even stopped putting it on my lower lashes. I've tried topping this with Voluminous as my last coat.

My lashes are pretty long and thick so I this might be why it's such a problem for me. Shorter last ladies might not have as much transfer. If it didn't smudge it would be my fav mascara ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal's Waterproof Original Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black has to be my current favorite mascara to use. I have used many expensive mascaras including Benefit's They're Real! and Christian Dior's Diorshow Waterproof. None of these mascaras have given me the length and volume that the WOV mascara has given my lashes! My lashes are very limp (although long) and using some mascaras (that are not wax based) makes my lashes lose their curl within mascara application after curling them. This mascara has helped to keep my lashes curled all day until I take the mascara off--and taking it off is a breeze for me (I use Sephora Waterproof Eye-makeup remover). This mascara does not smudge onto my lids, nor does it flake; it basically feels like a department/high-end brand mascara, without the hefty price tag. I will definitely repurchase!