Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As far as Givenchy products go, I am definitely on the HG side of things. I've always had trouble with foundation as my skin-tone is a slightly awkward one: it's fair, but can easily adapt to more medium foundations, so it is difficult to find the perfect match for my skin. The shade Perfect Vanilla, is a really good match for my skin-tone, and once applied it has a wonderful finish. I alternate using this foundation over either Embryolisse's Lait-Creme Concentre or Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, as it is impossible for me to use this foundation without a really moisturizing cream under it, as it doesn't spread well over a less moisturized face, unlike my other Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The smoothness of this foundation is a MAJOR issue, however, like I said, this can be overcome with a good face cream.

However, it has very good coverage, an excellent finish and makes your skin look wonderful. It doesn't at all feel heavy on your skin, and although I do prefer the consistency and overall finish of the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, I think that this slightly thicker product is better for the colder months.

on 1/30/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was my go to foundation for a long long time. The light pink was the perfect colour, and it didn't go oily on my skin. However, it did oxidise by the end of the day. Not immediately, but after about 5 hours the colour would darken.

on 10/17/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have to say that the color I bought, Perfect Vanilla, is a dead ringer for my skin. It definitely gives the "my skin but better" effect.

I applied this over primer (Hourglass Veil) and while my skin looked beautiful for a few hours, after about six hours of wear I noticed those dreaded white dots - you know, the ones where the foundation has sunk into your pores slightly and creates those little peaks over all your blackheads.

I tried this over several other primers (Smashbox Photo Finish and Too Faced Primed and Poreless) and got the same results. From a few feet away, my skin was gorgeous, but close up, you could see all those tiny white dots.

I love Givenchy products, but this one is probably going back.

on 9/6/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have not gone and tried a whole lot of foundations in my life but I have tried enough to say that this is the best foundation I have ever used and deserves a 5 star. I first tried samples of it that the salesperson gave me when I had purchased other Givenchy products--I must say ALL the Givenchy products I have come across so far deserve 5 stars. I was in love with it after the first use. It is weightless on the skin, does not make you look much like you have foundation on, and yet, covers up blemishes flawlessly. I wouldn't say it has high coverage--it is quite watery and I have to use about 3 pumps to get my desired medium high coverage--but there is something about it that gives your skin a beautiful glow and makes it look flawless yet natural without all the heavy buildup. When I look at myself at the mirror after a long day, expecting to see myself with cakey makeup, I always get surprised at how natural I look with this foundation on even after several hours since application. Besides the texture, I also think the color suits me okay, which is a wonderful thing because it is hard to get me a matching shade with my tan and yellow-undertoned skin--or maybe I haven't ventured out enough to find the right shade. Also, I like that despite my oily skin, this product only gives me a natural dewy look and does not make my skin oily or cakey. It looks like it will be good for all skin types and doesn't look much like one that would cause breakouts because it didn't for me although my skin is quite sensitive.

When the time finally came for me to get a bottle for myself--since I had been waiting for my other foundations to come to the point of "almost" finishing--I was very upset to find out that the Givenchy booth at the department store I had got the samples from had closed and there was no other Givenchy store in my whole country! I tried looking for ways to order it online but still couldn't find any way to ship to my country. I had to wait another month or so when, fortunately for me, my sister, who had been abroad, came back home and got it for me. The wait was worth it and I am finally getting to experience the wonderful confidence of having good-looking skin once again. I will definitely buy it again but if it becomes too difficult for me to get, I might move on to find other foundations that give me similar satisfaction until I myself go abroad soon.

on 6/25/2012 7:26:00 AM

I, too, received a sample from Sephora in Perfect Praline. I must have tried every foundation out there and finally gave up finding one I was happy with. I switched to BB cream and tinted moisturizer, which is perfect for someone with aging skin. But, I decided to give this sample a try. I was amazed how nicely this foundation melted into my skin--it really did become a second skin. The color, Perfect Praline, is a perfect color for women with fair skin, blond hair, blue eyes. I tried another color, Perfect Petal, but returned it because it was too pink. I have worn it over my BB cream and a little goes a very long way. I find pumping a small amount into my palm, warming it up a bit, then dabbing it on and spreading it outwardly works best. I also use a foundation brush to blend it in and finish with a Laura Mercier white powder. Perfection.

on 6/17/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a wonderful foundation, it is very full coverage. I recieved a sample of this from Sephora in Perfect Praline and it was blended so beautifully with my skin. My skin tone was so even with this foundation which can be hard to achieve with my weird combo skin and red/blackhead filled chin and acne along the jaw. Especially looked beautiful on my clear cheeks. Anyone with clear skin will look like a movie star with this foundation I swear! Oh and it is lightly scented with a very pleasing perfume which I like.

I purchased in Perfect Vanilla because it matched my skin a bit better but in reality I wish I could mix Vanilla and Praline that would be the ultimate, and possible since I think I will buy the Praline for the summer.

I try not to use everyday since this is a full coverage and I dont want to clog my pores, although I did not have a problem with it. I mostly use for a night out to look fabulous and when I have to make a presentation for work and everyone will be looking at me. I use BB cream for everyday wear.

Will most likely purchase this again.

on 5/4/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and I am so happy to have found it in this elegant, gorgeous product. I purchased it after reading rave reviews on the Sephora site. I got it in 4 Perfect Vanilla and it's a perfect color match for my super-pale NC15 yellow-undertoned skin. It is neither too matte or too dewy - just melts into the skin with a natural finish. Coverage is medium and buildable. Doesn't highlight flakes and doesn't look cakey when layered. Has a moist, not greasy, feel that is great for my dry skin. EDIT 5/15: After using this for a week, I have realized it has no staying power. So sad to say I will be returning this. I tried it with 4 different primers but none of them could keep this from disappearing by noon. I also tried a few different powders (pressed and loose) and they also didn't improve the staying power. Worse, applying powder with a kabuki just rubbed off all the foundation, even when I was very gentle. It's like it never really sets completely so it transfers. So back it goes - total bummer because it's the best color match I've ever found and the finish is perfection. *sniff sniff*

on 4/30/2012 10:20:00 AM

I received this as a sample from Sephora in Perfect Vanilla, and this turned out to be the perfect shade for me. I often use BB Skin foundation in Sand, and I still love that foundation, but because it is light in coverage, I use concealer to cover any redness in my cheeks/chin. With Givenchy, I can apply my foundation without concealer and it looks (mostly) flawless. I'll hold onto the BB, because it is a slightly better color match for me, but I'm enjoying the Givenchy. People mention the price, but it seems similar to most of the high end foundations out there to me. A great foundation!

I apply 2-3 pumps of this over my moisterized (clinique moisture surge w/philosophy turbo boost c) primed (Mac prep and prime face protect) skin with my fingers, then buff it in with my LY foundation brush and Sephora Airbrush concealer brush. Occasionally I will add a little Mac BB to it for some extra dewiness, sometimes a smudge of KA SSE if I need a bit more cover. Alone is great too. Flawless flawless flawless no matter what.

Pros:
- Beautiful, lasting,flawless satiny finish that looks like REALLY good on my finicky normal/dry skin. To begin with, my skin is fortunately pretty clear. I can apply it at 7am, and 12 hours later it is still pretty much intact. I get a little oily mid day in my t-zone, so touching up halfway through the day is a must with a blotting sheet and MAC Blot Powder.Even when I don't my skin still looks decent 12 hours later.

- Buildable coverage
- Sanitary pump

Cons:
- I am NC25, and buy #5 Perfect Praline, which must be a popular color because Sephora is always out of stock online. Nordstrom, Saks,Macys dosen't carry this line. I have to just hope that my color is in stock next time I go to my local Sephora (which btw is only one of like 3 I live by that carries this brand).
- Like most liquids, make sure you exfoliate, moisterize and prime properly or it will settle into lines and pores.
- a little pricy, but worth it. At least you only need 2 pumps max.

Love this more than anything I have tried so far!

on 4/10/2012 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just bought this foundaion in Number 5 and must say i am loving it! I have used it twice and it has a great staying power and it does not make my t-zone oily like Guerlain. For reference i am about NC 25. I am a foundation junkie and love to try new ones.