Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 3/11/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. I wear the shade 5 Perfect Praline and it is the perfect match for me. The shade range is very much on the lighter side, so darker skintoned ladies might have a difficult time finding a suitable match given the limited color range. It's extremely light weight, blends seamlessly into my skin and leaves behind a satin finish that just looks like healthy skin. I apply this with a synthetic kabuki brush (the Sigma one) and it creates a really flawless finish. Coverage is light to medium and the formula is quite liquidity. It dries very fast so blending is key. I find that applying with my fingers does not result in as nice of a finish as applying with my brush.

on 3/9/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite foundations ever! I am about a MAC NC37/Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-11/Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Natural Tan/Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk 7/Bourjois Healthy Mix 55, and I've found a perfect match for my neutral-to-warm yellow-olive skin in Perfect Pecan 106. It really gives me a flawless finish with medium coverage, without the cakeyness, and best of all doesn't break me out (I'm acne-prone).

on 3/2/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation. I was using MUFE HD liquid fdtn but while it matched my skin, it was causing breakouts. I have tried Cover FX, Korres, Tarte, Clinique, Nars, Armani, etc.. and it always looked like I had a layer of makeup on (either the color was off or it would separate due to my oily T-zone), or caused breakouts, or just didn't cover well/disappeared after a few hours.

Perfect Praline matches my skin exactly, it melts right in and I used to use a ton of concealer (MUFE or Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage) but this foundation covers acne scars decently without feeling heavy, and I only use a little bit of concealer for active blemishes. It gives my skin a nice even look and lasts all day. I was looking for something that made my my skin glowy without being shiny or shimmery, that wouldn't break me out more, and this lived up to all my expectations based on reviews I read!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As far as Givenchy products go, I am definitely on the HG side of things. I've always had trouble with foundation as my skin-tone is a slightly awkward one: it's fair, but can easily adapt to more medium foundations, so it is difficult to find the perfect match for my skin. The shade Perfect Vanilla, is a really good match for my skin-tone, and once applied it has a wonderful finish. I alternate using this foundation over either Embryolisse's Lait-Creme Concentre or Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, as it is impossible for me to use this foundation without a really moisturizing cream under it, as it doesn't spread well over a less moisturized face, unlike my other Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The smoothness of this foundation is a MAJOR issue, however, like I said, this can be overcome with a good face cream.

However, it has very good coverage, an excellent finish and makes your skin look wonderful. It doesn't at all feel heavy on your skin, and although I do prefer the consistency and overall finish of the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, I think that this slightly thicker product is better for the colder months.

on 1/30/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was my go to foundation for a long long time. The light pink was the perfect colour, and it didn't go oily on my skin. However, it did oxidise by the end of the day. Not immediately, but after about 5 hours the colour would darken.

on 10/17/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have to say that the color I bought, Perfect Vanilla, is a dead ringer for my skin. It definitely gives the "my skin but better" effect.

I applied this over primer (Hourglass Veil) and while my skin looked beautiful for a few hours, after about six hours of wear I noticed those dreaded white dots - you know, the ones where the foundation has sunk into your pores slightly and creates those little peaks over all your blackheads.

I tried this over several other primers (Smashbox Photo Finish and Too Faced Primed and Poreless) and got the same results. From a few feet away, my skin was gorgeous, but close up, you could see all those tiny white dots.

I love Givenchy products, but this one is probably going back.

on 9/6/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have not gone and tried a whole lot of foundations in my life but I have tried enough to say that this is the best foundation I have ever used and deserves a 5 star. I first tried samples of it that the salesperson gave me when I had purchased other Givenchy products--I must say ALL the Givenchy products I have come across so far deserve 5 stars. I was in love with it after the first use. It is weightless on the skin, does not make you look much like you have foundation on, and yet, covers up blemishes flawlessly. I wouldn't say it has high coverage--it is quite watery and I have to use about 3 pumps to get my desired medium high coverage--but there is something about it that gives your skin a beautiful glow and makes it look flawless yet natural without all the heavy buildup. When I look at myself at the mirror after a long day, expecting to see myself with cakey makeup, I always get surprised at how natural I look with this foundation on even after several hours since application. Besides the texture, I also think the color suits me okay, which is a wonderful thing because it is hard to get me a matching shade with my tan and yellow-undertoned skin--or maybe I haven't ventured out enough to find the right shade. Also, I like that despite my oily skin, this product only gives me a natural dewy look and does not make my skin oily or cakey. It looks like it will be good for all skin types and doesn't look much like one that would cause breakouts because it didn't for me although my skin is quite sensitive.

When the time finally came for me to get a bottle for myself--since I had been waiting for my other foundations to come to the point of "almost" finishing--I was very upset to find out that the Givenchy booth at the department store I had got the samples from had closed and there was no other Givenchy store in my whole country! I tried looking for ways to order it online but still couldn't find any way to ship to my country. I had to wait another month or so when, fortunately for me, my sister, who had been abroad, came back home and got it for me. The wait was worth it and I am finally getting to experience the wonderful confidence of having good-looking skin once again. I will definitely buy it again but if it becomes too difficult for me to get, I might move on to find other foundations that give me similar satisfaction until I myself go abroad soon.

on 6/25/2012 7:26:00 AM

I, too, received a sample from Sephora in Perfect Praline. I must have tried every foundation out there and finally gave up finding one I was happy with. I switched to BB cream and tinted moisturizer, which is perfect for someone with aging skin. But, I decided to give this sample a try. I was amazed how nicely this foundation melted into my skin--it really did become a second skin. The color, Perfect Praline, is a perfect color for women with fair skin, blond hair, blue eyes. I tried another color, Perfect Petal, but returned it because it was too pink. I have worn it over my BB cream and a little goes a very long way. I find pumping a small amount into my palm, warming it up a bit, then dabbing it on and spreading it outwardly works best. I also use a foundation brush to blend it in and finish with a Laura Mercier white powder. Perfection.

on 6/17/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a wonderful foundation, it is very full coverage. I recieved a sample of this from Sephora in Perfect Praline and it was blended so beautifully with my skin. My skin tone was so even with this foundation which can be hard to achieve with my weird combo skin and red/blackhead filled chin and acne along the jaw. Especially looked beautiful on my clear cheeks. Anyone with clear skin will look like a movie star with this foundation I swear! Oh and it is lightly scented with a very pleasing perfume which I like.

I purchased in Perfect Vanilla because it matched my skin a bit better but in reality I wish I could mix Vanilla and Praline that would be the ultimate, and possible since I think I will buy the Praline for the summer.

I try not to use everyday since this is a full coverage and I dont want to clog my pores, although I did not have a problem with it. I mostly use for a night out to look fabulous and when I have to make a presentation for work and everyone will be looking at me. I use BB cream for everyday wear.

Will most likely purchase this again.

on 5/4/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and I am so happy to have found it in this elegant, gorgeous product. I purchased it after reading rave reviews on the Sephora site. I got it in 4 Perfect Vanilla and it's a perfect color match for my super-pale NC15 yellow-undertoned skin. It is neither too matte or too dewy - just melts into the skin with a natural finish. Coverage is medium and buildable. Doesn't highlight flakes and doesn't look cakey when layered. Has a moist, not greasy, feel that is great for my dry skin. EDIT 5/15: After using this for a week, I have realized it has no staying power. So sad to say I will be returning this. I tried it with 4 different primers but none of them could keep this from disappearing by noon. I also tried a few different powders (pressed and loose) and they also didn't improve the staying power. Worse, applying powder with a kabuki just rubbed off all the foundation, even when I was very gentle. It's like it never really sets completely so it transfers. So back it goes - total bummer because it's the best color match I've ever found and the finish is perfection. *sniff sniff*