October 22, 2014 | 921 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Humble1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I, too, received a sample from Sephora in Perfect Praline. I must have tried every foundation out there and finally gave up finding one I was happy with. I switched to BB cream and tinted moisturizer, which is perfect for someone with aging skin. But, I decided to give this sample a try. I was amazed how nicely this foundation melted into my skin--it really did become a second skin. The color, Perfect Praline, is a perfect color for women with fair skin, blond hair, blue eyes. I tried another color, Perfect Petal, but returned it because it was too pink. I have worn it over my BB cream and a little goes a very long way. I find pumping a small amount into my palm, warming it up a bit, then dabbing it on and spreading it outwardly works best. I also use a foundation brush to blend it in and finish with a Laura Mercier white powder. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful foundation, it is very full coverage. I recieved a sample of this from Sephora in Perfect Praline and it was blended so beautifully with my skin. My skin tone was so even with this foundation which can be hard to achieve with my weird combo skin and red/blackhead filled chin and acne along the jaw. Especially looked beautiful on my clear cheeks. Anyone with clear skin will look like a movie star with this foundation I swear! Oh and it is lightly scented with a very pleasing perfume which I like.

I purchased in Perfect Vanilla because it matched my skin a bit better but in reality I wish I could mix Vanilla and Praline that would be the ultimate, and possible since I think I will buy the Praline for the summer.

I try not to use everyday since this is a full coverage and I dont want to clog my pores, although I did not have a problem with it. I mostly use for a night out to look fabulous and when I have to make a presentation for work and everyone will be looking at me. I use BB cream for everyday wear.

Will most likely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and I am so happy to have found it in this elegant, gorgeous product. I purchased it after reading rave reviews on the Sephora site. I got it in 4 Perfect Vanilla and it's a perfect color match for my super-pale NC15 yellow-undertoned skin. It is neither too matte or too dewy - just melts into the skin with a natural finish. Coverage is medium and buildable. Doesn't highlight flakes and doesn't look cakey when layered. Has a moist, not greasy, feel that is great for my dry skin. EDIT 5/15: After using this for a week, I have realized it has no staying power. So sad to say I will be returning this. I tried it with 4 different primers but none of them could keep this from disappearing by noon. I also tried a few different powders (pressed and loose) and they also didn't improve the staying power. Worse, applying powder with a kabuki just rubbed off all the foundation, even when I was very gentle. It's like it never really sets completely so it transfers. So back it goes - total bummer because it's the best color match I've ever found and the finish is perfection. *sniff sniff*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample from Sephora in Perfect Vanilla, and this turned out to be the perfect shade for me. I often use BB Skin foundation in Sand, and I still love that foundation, but because it is light in coverage, I use concealer to cover any redness in my cheeks/chin. With Givenchy, I can apply my foundation without concealer and it looks (mostly) flawless. I'll hold onto the BB, because it is a slightly better color match for me, but I'm enjoying the Givenchy. People mention the price, but it seems similar to most of the high end foundations out there to me. A great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

I apply 2-3 pumps of this over my moisterized (clinique moisture surge w/philosophy turbo boost c) primed (Mac prep and prime face protect) skin with my fingers, then buff it in with my LY foundation brush and Sephora Airbrush concealer brush. Occasionally I will add a little Mac BB to it for some extra dewiness, sometimes a smudge of KA SSE if I need a bit more cover. Alone is great too. Flawless flawless flawless no matter what.

Pros:
- Beautiful, lasting,flawless satiny finish that looks like REALLY good on my finicky normal/dry skin. To begin with, my skin is fortunately pretty clear. I can apply it at 7am, and 12 hours later it is still pretty much intact. I get a little oily mid day in my t-zone, so touching up halfway through the day is a must with a blotting sheet and MAC Blot Powder.Even when I don't my skin still looks decent 12 hours later.

- Buildable coverage
- Sanitary pump

Cons:
- I am NC25, and buy #5 Perfect Praline, which must be a popular color because Sephora is always out of stock online. Nordstrom, Saks,Macys dosen't carry this line. I have to just hope that my color is in stock next time I go to my local Sephora (which btw is only one of like 3 I live by that carries this brand).
- Like most liquids, make sure you exfoliate, moisterize and prime properly or it will settle into lines and pores.
- a little pricy, but worth it. At least you only need 2 pumps max.

Love this more than anything I have tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Rosie1644

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundaion in Number 5 and must say i am loving it! I have used it twice and it has a great staying power and it does not make my t-zone oily like Guerlain. For reference i am about NC 25. I am a foundation junkie and love to try new ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Niamhgeraghty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this foundation twice and I love it. So much that now I've decided to try something new, I just think I'll buy this a third time instead of changing. Its dewy but doesn't make you shiny, photographs beautifully looking like you've naturally gorgeous skin but still has spf in, and finally it lasts all day even without primer.

I have only two complaints....one the colour range, I bought the lightest shade and its still a little too dark on my extremely fair skin. Half a shade lighter would be perfect. The 2nd is that as the foundation gets older (first bottle lasted about a year, 2nd 6 months used it more often) I find that it oxidizes, for like 5 months it was perfect, but after I just noticed it turning slightly orange. Never the less I LOVE this foundation and why theres little to no hype around it I don't understand!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While the color, perfect praline, suits me quite well (better than many other brands in fact) I simply cannot use this because I have extremely oily acne prone skin and while this covered quite well it left me feeling too greasy and halfway through the day my makeup was sliding off of my face despite me trying various primers and setting powders.
If you have sensitive skin/nose then be aware that there is a distinct smell- personally Im fine with that, but just be aware of it. To me it is not unpleasant.
Very sad that it seems that either the formula doesnt work for me or the color doesnt! Have yet to find an HG :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by bos101

Gorgeous foundation. I find it to give me a 'my skin but better' look, it looks so natural, it can't be seen!! But it makes my skin flawless. I'm lucky to have clear skin anyway, so I'm not sure how it would be for someone with blemishes, but it's perfect on me. I use my small MAC stippling brush (I can't remember the number!) and use a tiny amount (1 pump) dotted over the middle of my face and buff out (I only use it where I need it) and it blends seamlessly. It's very expensive, I was very lucky to win a bottle very cheap on Ebay, so I'm unsuer if i'd be able to afford it full price very often, but it's definatley one i'd save for special occasions. BTW I am NW20 and use 04/Vanilla and it's a lovely match.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also got this as a sample from sephora. The texture was silky and smooth but that's about it. Even though my sample color was darker than me it still gave a "chalky" finish and emphasized my acne scars.