November 25, 2014 | 1745 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Time Zone [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used a sample of this cream for dry skin. Not particularly impressed: nice consistency, smells rather pleasant but does not moisturise and "sits" on my skin.

The sample was not big enough to determine its antiaging properties (it lasted about a week). However, during a week I did not notice any improvement in the tone of my skin. It just made my skin even drier as the cream does not sink in. Would not purchase the full product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by martincho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did like this product a lot but I was informed by Estee Lauder customer service that this product contains crab shell.

I am totally against animal cruelty and the use of animals for cosmetics, so I will never ever buy this product again.

PS I also asked for some other products I used to buy and will not buy anymore:
Advanced Night Repair contains fish, wool grease
Advanced Night Repair Eye contains wool grease
Idealist contains crab shell

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this actually made me look 15 years younger - I look just like I was 13 years old and had a face full of acne! ugh. yes for some reason this cream broke me out and clogged me up like no other product has ever done before, and managed to do it in record time (about 5 days). its so too bad because I love estee lauder, they have advanced formulas for department store products, and the prices arent as bad as some, though still pretty expensive. The texture is nice, and similar to their other cremes (like daywear etc..) its very silky, though can be shiny. Fragranced, but it smells pretty. Has SPF 15 and lots of antioxidants. Also has the same Sirtuin ingredients, just like their ultimate youth creme (the $250 one). I was using this with their soft clean cleanser and perfectionist serum, both of which never broke me out before, so I know it was this cream. And I tried it twice - once in the summer, and I broke out badly like this, but thought it was a fluke... I tried it again last week, same reaction. its too bad because it seems like a nice product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This didn't work for me.I have the normal combination skin formula.This comes in a blue jar and has quite strong but pleasant scent and spf 15.This is an anti aging product and with main target wrinkles and lines.The first think that I don't like is the too thick texture that makes me oily.And honestly I have used much thicker textures(Chanel's sublimage texture supreme,Bobbi Browns overnight cream,Clinique's redness solutions cream and many more)and never had problems,but this one feels very heavy on my skin and makes me look shiny.Another disadvantage for me is that irritates slightly my skin,every time I use this my skin turns slightly red and only after 2-3 hours returns back to normal.I m very surprised I always believed that Estee Lauder's skin care products are SUPERB and very rare had problems with them.Before this time zone line Estee Lauder had the perfect future line and honestly I think it was on of the best anti wrinkle lines in the market,now discontinued this line and they released the time zone which for me it's not even close to the previous line.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by M_Dietrich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like this moisturizer even though it's quite expensive but so are most products from Estee Lauder . However the fragrance in it is somewhat overpowering so I had to take two lippies away for that reason. If you can stand the fragrance you will find that this product is great for the skin. It gives the skin a nice glow and it has SPF 15 and even though I'd wish they would bump that up to SPF 20 or SPF 25 I would still repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in normal/combination cream sample. I tried it last night and this morning my face is soft. Not oily, just very smooth and soft. I only used a pea size amount. Will update if cause breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

High price for a product that does not deliver. This lightly fragrant cream is in a silicone base with an spf of 15. Leaves my skin looking shiny with a greasy coating on it. If you have oily skin this is not for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually enjoy EL skincare products. I'm especially a big fan of Future Perfect moisturizer. So when I saw the ads of their new product, Time Zone, I thought it's probably going to be a safe bet for me, and ordered a jar right away. Well it turned out, I was dead wrong. This product is a disaster! Everytime I apply it, and no matter how long I wait before applying my foundation it just does not sink into my skin. And you think that would be my main concern right? Not really because there's more. IT PEELS OFF! Even after hours and hours of application, it still peels and rubs off when I touch my skin. This is unacceptable on so many levels. I hate hate hate this product. You see I have normal to dry skin and if this cream can not play nice with this kind of skin type, then what? It gives me a shiny look, almost like an oil-slick. Feels extremely uncomfortable on my face too. What a waste of a lot of $. UGH!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've oily T-zone with sensitive skin. It moisturizes my skin. But it's too shiny for me and it gives me black head all over my face. I'm getting 2 cyst acnes after using it for a week. I'm not seeing much difference for fine lines. I guess this product is not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I have the one for combo skin and I'm still working my way through my second sample jar. It soaks right in, but leaves me a little bit shiny. I cover it with powder foundation so that takes care of the shine. I'm not sure about it's claim to make me look 10 years younger yet. Right now I'd say it's pretty good, but it's way overpriced. It has a long list of ingredients (see above) and if you want more info. do a web search or see Truth in Aging or FutureDerm for more technical reviews.

Update 9/22/09 - I must have developed a sensitivity to one of the ingredients, probably the sunscreen. I can't use it around my eyes anymore because it makes them tear. I only use this at night now because of that. I wish there was a sunscreen-free version.