April 19, 2014 | 1833 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Flo222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really good product-especailly if your not all that experienced with applying make-up. Not sure of the exact cost as it was a present, but for what you get I think its probably ok value for money. the little step by step guide is really helpful, and i love the eyebrow colour too! good for evening wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by icklepixie

Smokin eyes is a lovely little eye and brow makeover kit which includes three shadows to create a gorgeous smoky eye which would suit any eye colour. It has Eye Bright in a cream form which, used in the corner of the eye, is great for making the eye appear wide open and awake. It can also be used as a highlighter for the brow bone. It also includes a brow wax in brown but i have blonde hair and it suits me fine. There's a double ended brush (fluff brush on one side and hard angle brush on the other side) which is a good quality brush but small - i like the hard angle side for using the brow wax. You also get a mini pair of tweezers which are great for the odd straggler! The price is a little steep at 28.50, but will last a long time. All in all a very nice product - great to give as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by honeybear3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite youtube gurus did a tutorial using this palette and made it look so easy and gorgeous that I hav ebeen dying to purchase it ever since. SO GLAD I DID! The eyeshadow colours are so pretty and blend perfectly together. The brushes are great. I dont really care for the eyebright and I havnt tried the brow wax because its too dark for me. I just used the dark contour colour with the angled brush to line my lids and it made for the perfect daytime look. Im not a big shadow but this was seriously so easy. I gave this 4/5 because I think its really expensive considering i dont like eybright and the eye wax is too dark for me. Here is a link to the youtube tutorial -->

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. The highlighter powder for me doesn't work (I'm NC20), the base and crease colour just sort of blend into eachother and are too shimmery for me when combined. The brow wax is the complete wrong colour, the eye brightener doesn't work, the tweezies are too stuff to work with. The shadow brush included is cute but how can you use just the one brush on all three shadows?! I like the smokin' liner, the packagaing is cool, but they are the only pros.
Sorry BeneFit. Looks like I'll be transferring to Too Faced for my eye kits...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLS

I had this in my makeup box for a while but hadn't really used it properly. I was getting bored of my usual everyday brown/neutral look so thought i'd give this a try.
I thought it was very simple to use, easy to build up- I just used the highlighter colour all over with the grey as a light wash over my eyelids and it looked really pretty, yet I was able to build it up for a smokier evening look.
I like the mini tweezers, they work well, and I like the little black eyeliner. I may use the eyebrow cream colour if I can be bothered, but I haven't tried the eyebright yet. I will though as I hate having palettes that I only use part of!
I think the little eyeliner will run out quickly though, as I like to sharpen regularly. I wonder if I can buy a replacement?!
The case is cute, typical benefit. I like that the magnet keeps it shut tight so nothing gets grubby!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Entropicrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product does seem to be a good value, however the shadows in this box disappoint me. The tweezers are quite wonderful, and high quality. The eye bright doesn't seem to do anything though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Good value and great quality. I love the eyeshadow texture included in this kit especially the black shadow! It's velvet smooth and matt and amazing pigmentation!
I love that it comes with eye bright (weird because its in a pan not pencil but oh well) and a bit of brow wax.
Love that they included a little black liner, a tweezer (its not very good but hey in emergency situations, im sure it will come in handy) and a double ended brush which is actually a decent one! the angel brush is awesome.
It's really not something I needed as I have all the items included in the kit individually but it sure is convenient.
I left this kit at my bf's and when i sleep over and i dont have my makeup bag with me, it comes in REALLY handy. Great product, super convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by katieelixa

AMAZING! Everything you need in one small palette! I use it practically everyday, even if im not wanting a smokey eye effect a certain day, but just to use it to shape my brows, or brighten my eyes. And i just realized that i have had it for 11 months going on a year now and its still not ran out! So for that, i wouldn't say the price is too bad!
The only flaws i can think of for this product is that, if you don't save the plastic sheet it originally comes in to separate the cosmetic part to the mirror, when you start to use the shadows, the black dust will get stuck in the eye brightener, so you find yourself having to wipe it clean before using it (which causes you to waste some every time you do this) And also if you want to line your eye with the hard angled brush and use it to shape your eyebrows, make sure there is no black eyeshadow left on the brush, or your brows end up to be two different shades ! eek.

But overall, i would recommend to everyone! Amazing buy, would definitely purchase again (when it eventually runs out!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Everything inside this kit is very good quality which I think is true with all of Benefit's products. You get a good eyeshadow brush, tweezers, 3 shades of eyeshadow (1 for highlighting, 1 for all-over base and 1 darker shade for outer corners), tinted brow gel and the "eye bright" cream. This definitely gives you smoldering, smoky eyes which is my favourite look. I have so many MAC eyeshadow brushes and smoky eyeshadow and highlighting shades but if I'm in a hurry this does the job almost as well. The base colour shade reminds me of Knight Divine, for reference, and the shimmery colour is like a more lilac version of White Frost. I love this kit and would definitely think about repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic little palette! Benefit definitely know how to do eye palettes. This and Big Beautiful eyes are perfect! I could survive with just these 2 palettes.

Smokin' Eyes has 3 eye shadows, eye bright, brow zing, an eye liner and a mini tweezers. The eyeshadows are so pigmented. I love them so much. They blend beautifully. The eye bright adds a nice touch to brighten the inner corners. The brow wax is absolutely perfect on my brown brows and gives them a great shape. The tweezers isn't great but I'm used to my Tweezerman! I lost the eye pencil under a couch never to be found again so I can't comment too much on that!

I really like this palette and the brushes are pretty good too.