April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kprizzl87

*****BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW LONG YOU LEAVE THIS PRODUCT ON!!!!!!! Even though the instructions said up to 30 minutes, I left it on for 8 minutes after reading all the reviews on here. SO glad I did!!!! Even after 8 min there was a minnnnor hint of liliac left, but it is washed out now!!*******

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE This product!!

My natural hair color is ash brown and my hair is very fine. Every hair dresser Ive asked to dye my hair blonde would refuse- saying itd ruin my hair- only doing blonde highlights.

Finally had the balls to go blonde at home, so glad I did!! I went from dyed red hair to platnium blonde. After a round of color stripping, and 2 bleachings, my hair was left a horrid yellow color. This turned my hair absolutely beautiful shade of blonde.

Only warning: Be careful how long you apply it for! As I said above- any longer than 10 minutes for my hair, and it woulda gone purple. Do a strand test!!!!!!! If you dont- then be sure not to leave it on for long!

Def reccomend it... gosh my hair is soooooo soft!!!!! :) :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by alexisemilychin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted my hair to be lavender, so my plan of action was the bleach the crap out of my (extremely) dark brown hair, then tone it with this to make it grey or white, then dye it lavender. I didn't want this to be the final product, I just wanted it to tone out the blond in my hair.

I found that it didn't really do anything to my hair at all except dry it out and burn my scalp, I had bleached my hair to an almost-white platinum blond, then applied this, but when I rinsed it out, it didn't do anything.

I used this 2:1, 30 Volume Salon Care developer to toner. My hair came out the exact same shade when it was done as when I applied it.

Edit: I used the Wella T14 toner (pale ash blonde, compared to T18, lightest ash blonde) mixed with 050 Cooling Violet additive, and my hair came out a BEAUTIFUL grey colour with white highlights. I used the T14, 2:1 30 Volume Salon Care developer to toner, with 3 capfuls of the additive. It worked out beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hope someone could learn from this as I wish someone would have stated this on here before I did what I did.

First off, do not, again, do not use this toner a day after you have bleached your hair. It won't work. It didn't beforehand (even though the lady at the sally store assured me it would) the first time around I got my hair bleach at a salon and they failed to fully tone it out and it didn't work this time either on MY roots.

Use this toner immadieately after bleaching or using any sort of bleaching kit, or bleaching process. Leave on for around 8 minutes to 10 depending on how brassy your hair is.

I had bleached my roots the night before, not having anytime to use a bleaching kit on the rest of my medium lightish blonde hair I postponed it for the next day, when I wouldn't be tired or in a hurry just so I could get some rest.

The next day I went in with a bleaching kit (Loreal Feria Extra Bleach Blonde) did all of my hair (EXCEPT my roots I didn't want my hair to fall off lol a bit paranoid). I figured it didn't matter because I would tone everything all together anyway. After I was done bleaching all of my hair the color result was about the same color as my roots very brassy looking.

I went in with this toner and while my hair came out beautifully my roots failed to do so, they looked untouched as if I didn't put any toner in them at all! So the next day I toned JUST my roots again and yet nothing but left with some parts of my hair (middle length not roots) purple. So I have platinumish blonde hair with yellow roots and pieces of purple! GREAT. I wish so badly it said on the toner ONLY use directly after bleaching hair.

GOD.

YOU ARE WELCOME, to whomever may read this and doesn't make the same mistake I did.
I really do not know what to do anymore.
If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, please feel free and welcome to message me.

In all the toner works, just not a day later.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSteckler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After spending tons of time and money on this and bleaching products, I finally got to experience the results everyone was talking about. I bleached my hair with Ion Color Brilliance Creme Lightener with a 40 vol developer, left it on about 45 min, and then toned with this toner and a 40 vol developer. Before, I would leave this toner on for 30 min, and my hair would be grey and lilac tinted, which washed out after a few washes, but was never truly platinum. This time, I left it in for only about 5 min, more so on the roots than the ends, and it TONED IT WONDERFULLY. I had a few lilac streaks here and there, but they were gone the next wash. My hair is now platinum/white blonde. The trick is to bleach your hair to a truly pale yellow stage. If you rinse it and find some spots still brassy, you can apply some and just wait like three min and then rinse it out again and it should be even. Wella Color Charm T18 is the nest toner I have ever used, and the only I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by babyknife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been using this toner for years on my platinum hair. My holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wellll I wouldn't say this made a *huge* difference on my hair, but I may have not used in to its full potential. I have bleached highlights (one application of bleach) that were quite yellow the day I got them done (at a salon). I picked the Wella T18 up from Sally after reading about it on here. The lady at the store told me to only leave it on for 5-10 minutes to avoid having grey hair. Well, I left it on for 8 minutes (as another reviewer said worked well for her) and while the highlights weren't AS yellow they're still not the colour I want them to be. I'm wondering if this is because a) my highlights have only been bleached once or b) because I didn't leave the toner on my hair long enough to take effect. I didn't wait for the toner to turn that dark purple colour in my hair or in the bottle before applying... Could that be it? Anyway - I was expecting this to be more expensive than it was, and I likely will repurchase and try again after my next bleaching session.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live for wella color charm after using this product one time! I absolutly love the way it applied to my hair effortlessly. I was a little scared to leave it in to long cause I had herd horror stories about peoples hair turning grey and purple, but it did exactly what is was supposed to do and deposit enough violet tones to make my hair not look yellow, but more white. I really like this product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works all right. I bleached my hair, then washed with shimmer lights purple shampoo. I left that on for 15 minutes, then put the toner in for about 10 minutes. I STRONGLY recommend a porosity equalizer with this stuff. The ends of my hair were seriously purple for about a week. Now they are a kind of dull silver grey. The rest of my hair turned out exactly how I wanted, so I have to say the product works well. The mistake was my fault, I assumed my hair would be fine since I had just gotten a couple inches taken off the ends, but it was not. Learn from my lesson and make sure your hair is equally porous throughout. The reason I only gave this 3 stars and wouldn't buy it again is because it doesn't do anything for your hair except balance brassiness. The color is dull and flat. It gave my hair no shine or silkiness. In the future I will stick with lines from joico, schwartkopf, alfaparf, davines.... who sell violet correctors that can be mixed into their glossy colors or clear glosses. For anyone who doesn't have the same problem with dullness I do, this is a perfectly easy solution for perfect butter cream colored hair.
**EDIT** only about two weeks, and maybe 5 or 6 washings later and the toner is completely gone. Now my hair is as brassy as when I washed the bleach out. I use very gentle, sulfate free shampoo and color preserving products. I haven't had this happen with another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by paulinapwns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this toner. when i read all the reviews i ran to get some right away. When i first used it, it turned my hair a little too purple, so i assumed it was because my hair was just a tad bit shy of being light enough. So i waited a month or so & bleached my hair again for a little bit & when i used it again it worked its magic on my hair & now i have Snow White hair!! i only left it on for about 5ish minutes, it wasnt too long. i also use Shimmer Lights purple shampoo with it to brighten it up some more.
i've noticed that when my hair is wet it looks light purple but when it dries it turns white, so don't freak out if you wash it off & your hair looks purple, just wait til it dries.
the 2nd best part about this toner besides its amazing-ness is the price, i found a beauty store by my house that sells it for $3.99!!
that is so cheap compared to manic panic, which is pretty pricey for something that doesnt work.

oh & idk if this will help any, but i probably should also add that i used Prism Lites Violet bleach when i bleached my hair for one last time before i used the toner. since my hair was already platinum, the violet based bleach really helped with tone down the brasiness to prep for the toner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kateapatchett

I had just bleached my hair recently..it turned out yellow-y, which is normal, so I read that I should use T18. & I did, twice! It still did nothing to my hair. I want SILVER hair. It turned the ends of my hair silvery, which is nice, but nothing to the rest. I have pretty long hair, so I don't understand why it just held on the ends.
Maybe I didn't follow the directions correctly? I used developer & did what the instructions told me to do. The first time I left it on for a little less than ten minutes; not much happened, just the silver ends of my hair. The second time I left on for about twenty minutes, still no effect but the silver ends. It did remove the yellow brassiness that the bleach did, but I want silver hair! Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Should I leave it in longer?
In that case, I've heard some people are getting white hair from this product. If my hair just doesn't want to be silver, how can I go about going white?
Please & thank you!