Coastal Scents Concealer Palette

3.9

Squalane, Octyl Palmitate, Beeswax, Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Petrolatum, Propylparaben. May Contain : Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/6/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne scar and redness. I have gone through tons and tons different concealer but the weird thing is that I have my coastal scent camouflage concealer palette sitting in my train case for almost half a year . When I first got it, I couldn't find the right shade, it was either too fair or too light so I stop using it. But today, I was experimenting with my concealers to figure out a face routine. Voila, I actually mix my right shade ( mix the lightest and darkest, adjusting the color) and try it on and it was spot on the right shade. It totally blur out my acne scar and was creamy smooth to blend without being overly drying and setting it with my powder. I finally can avoid using liquid foundation but just spot conceal and set with powder. I'm off to mix my concealer and put it in an empty pan.

Update: I've mixed and adjusted the concealer to my skintone and stored it in one of my mac compact powder which i've finished and i'm loving it. The coverage is amazing. I will update a photo of my face with acne scar and the after pics after I have the concealer on. I swear by it that the coverage is beautiful and natural. I would definitely recommend this product for those who have hyperpimentation and dark acne scarring like me.

on 5/17/2010 10:36:00 PM

A little bit goes a very long way! Very creamy and easily blendable, good pigment, and covers a variety of skin sins.
One problem that I've run into is that if you don't hurry up and set the concealer with a finishing powder after using under the eye area, it can crease. Otherwise, I haven't had an issue.
The pots are quite large, and I'm sure it will take me a very long time to get to the bottom.
Because the consistency is so creamy, it's easy to mix and create a custom color.
I have very sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and oiliness in the T-zone, and I haven't had any issues after using this almost daily for a few weeks.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These concealers are really opaque, and I find myself reaching for them when I have a huge blemish or my skin is on the dry side and I need a more moisturizing concealer that doesnt bring out flakies. The color options are great. I am pale and there is a shade that is too light for me, and then there are much darker shades. I have found a use for the darker shades as a tip from MAKEUPGEEK's tutorials. I use one dark shade to contour parts of my face. the only thing i dont like is that I dont think these concealers have that great of staying powder because they are kind of greasy. I have tried setting with mass amounts of powder but it does seem to fade still. I have more experimenting to do though. Im in need of a good primer.

on 12/3/2009 2:08:00 PM

I purchase the 15 concealer palette. I uploaded the pictures in this thread. IT is a good one. coverage from medium-full coverage. Must buy!

First of all, I adore CS. I've purchased from them many times and I've been pleased. When this came out, I had to get it. These concealers are amazing. Super creamy, very long lasting, and super great coverage. I have pale skin and the veins under my eyes and on my lids show up like my skin is paper. I use it to conceal that and around my nose. It's perfect. I also use it as eyeshadow since the finish is powdery but not in a bad way. Although this is a great product, I will not repurchase considering there is 3 colors out of 10 that I can use.
But they just came out with a concealer wheel so I will probably get that. =)

on 10/21/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product provides great coverage. The colors in the palette can be mixed to give you an exact shade match. However, it is prone to creasing and it's thick as well. As a result, powder touchups are a must with this stuff. I find that I have re-powder my face more when I wear it. this is the only way that I would be able to kee my face from quickly becoming a greasy mess. This concealer does have petrolatum in it.

I have two palettes of this stuff, When I finally finish them,, I do not plan to repurchase.

on 10/15/2009 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product because it provides full coverage. Although I believe the eyes look a little bit cakey because the product is a little thick. The price is very nice and cheap and the darker shades can be used for contouring. I think it's a very nice product for its price. I will buy it again!

on 9/3/2009 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I regret buying this pallete. It's really not worth my money. Maybe it works for other people but not for me. My face is oily and I have some acne scars and the concealer has the tendency to be really cakey. It also emphasizes fine lines under my eyes so I hate it. Don't buy the palette on impulse, if you have a friend who owns it, you better try it first.

on 9/2/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this during their $50-free shipping promotion. This was what I wanted the most; I saw EmilyNoel83 on youtube review it and it looked so awesome! I really am glad I got this. It's a great item if you want to build your kit as a makeup artist. It's also good for consumers as it has many different shades that you can mix and match. The consistency is nice and creamy. It's also very cheap! $17 is a great price to pay for 10 concealers. I will complain about one thing. I'm in the same state as Coastal Scents so I had to pay tax! :(

on 8/29/2009 2:42:00 AM

I really like this concealer palette. It's a medium coverage, but very buildable. It works very well on my under eye circles. I have so much freedom to mix and match all of the lights and darks to create my perfect skin color. Different parts of my face are different colors. I don't have money to buy a different concealers for my light cheeks and my more tanned t-zone and chin. Therefore, I definitely think that this is a great product. I'm just trying to find a good concealer brush that would work well with this palette. Overall, the consistency of this product is great. From heavy to light coverage, it just works!

Popular Palettes