September 2, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8 with Passionfruit

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by paulettesasuga

made my lips crazy dry!
turned my lips white & dull
pricey for the poor quality it offers
Smells good like summer, though, I would not recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love burts bees lipbalm..but not this one...

it is so thick so i hardly can spread on my lips...and the white cast is sooo bothering..i already have very pale lips..and this thing make it looks worst..

i ended up swap it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Really awful. Superdrying, chalky and white--had to drag it on my lips. Scent/taste is faint but nothing special. Only good thing is the SPF which isn't even the minimum 15--only 8. If you want to make your lips dry and more chapped and irritated, buy this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees other lip balms, but this one is not worth buying.

It leaves a white cast on my lips, and it feels heavy and waxy on my lips. I don't find it moisturizing at all; it's almost chalky.

(By the way, I found the same qualities in another sunscreen product from this company.)

There are better sun-protecting lip balms available.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love this product because I LOVE Burt's Bees, but this just doesn't work for me. It's a bit pricey for a lip balm ($4.00) and it leaves a white powdery finish on my lips. It's really embarassing to look in the mirrior after running errands or going somewhere and seeing white powder in the corners of your mouth! I'm sticking with the Softlips chapstick, it's cheaper and has SPF 20!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like everything about it. I really have nothing bad to say about this product. I use it every night before I go to sleep. It helps keep my lips moist thru the night. I like the slight tint it gives my lips. I wear it when I dont feel like using lipstick.
The scent is good, nothing too strong. No bad taste like some lip balms have.The price was reasonable too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by dramagirl180

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use some sort of Burt's Bees product every day for my lips. I find that they are extremely repairing and hydrating. This product has SPF 8 which is always a plus. A lot of my friends will complain of dry, peeling, burning lips in the summertime. My first response: Do you wear anything with SPF on them? 90% of the time, the answer is ''no?"
I find that most people don't even know that your lips can get sun burns and that they are, in fact, one of the most sensitive parts of your body to sun. I think that having SPF in a chapstick is just an all around good idea for this reason. I have naturally dark pink, very pigmented lips and I love the color that this adds. It adds a slightly frosty, light shimmer that kind of mimics a gloss.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm only giving this lippie because of the price and packaging. simple easy. however, the product itself does not work for me whatsoever. it does smell like passionfruit but its more of a powdery scent of passion fruit. what made me want to buy this, is because of how many good things i've heard about it for chapped lips. but when i tried it on me, it just made my lips white and sat on top of my cracked lips. chapstick that doesn't get rid of chapped lips? i returned this back to the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

If there were more lip balms out there with non-chemical sunscreens (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, the mineral or barrier sunscreens--chemical ones have health risks and many people are allergic to them) I wouldn't rate this mediocre lip balm so highly. Most balms with chemical sunscreens do not offer broad-spectrum protection (they protect from burning but not premature aging and skin cancer.) I'm hugely allergic to avobenzone, so mineral sunscreens are my only option for adequate protection. This lip balm is hard and waxy, has no "slip," and yes, leaves a sheer white film on the lips. Not pretty. I use this underneath one of the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, so the whiteness is not a big issue for me. There are a few products out there with clear ("micronized") zinc or titanium, but those tiny particles can be absorbed by the body--possible health problems there too. I will gladly put up with the whiteness for the sake of my health. I'd rather have an all-in-one, tinted balm, but I'm grateful this is cheap and widely available (I can pick this up at the grocery store and not pay shipping). The scent is OK--a light, vaguely tropical fruit scent, not necessarily passionfruit but it's fine with me. I'm also glad this isn't minty like most of the other Burt's products. I hope they come up with a more cosmetically elegant product in the future, but for now I'm grateful to have this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ig018dummiie

I prefer the original beeswax lipbalm over this. This has a pleasant scent, but the texture is very dry and grainy. It does moisturize a bit however, but leaves a white residue on my lips. I would not re purchase