Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the one coat thickening waterproof for summer in black. I wouldn't repurchase because it did nothing for my lashes that are long with blonde tips...did nothin to thicken them like I wanted. Il buy fullNsoft waterproof that I kno works for my lashes for the summer. The Almaty looks natural and lengthened them but with two or more coats they stuck together and made them look sparse...haven't tried to remove it yet tho...that wil be tonight.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A really nice DAY TIME mascara. I have skimpy lashes (but they're long) so it does a nice job of bringing them out, however even the blackest black is nothing like Maybelline or L'oreal's blacks. It feels nice on, smells good. I need it for the days when I want healthy lashes and not dramatic lashes. I've been using it since I was a teenager and it is still the same. Def one of my staples. But again, I must re-iterate that it is a good office / day time look. Also, it only cost me $11.28, so I do not feel guilty about throwing it out after 3 months at that low price. My boyfriend likes it because it gives a more natural look (as he loathes heavy make up, as I find most men do).

UPDATE: Still adore this mascara. I use it often as the final coat to my Great Lash or Rimmel Scandal lash, or Body Shop as it locks in the eye lashes nicely and wonderful on these hot summer days as Almay does not smudge in humidity at all I find and I use the NON waterproof. Almay is a lovely classic indeed in my opinion. I do not think I ll ever give it up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Almay One Coat? Try TWENTY coats! This was such a disappointment. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I thought that one coat (hence the name) would do the job. I have to layer and layer this mascara just to get it to show -- and I even have blackest black. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because I do layer it over my Jordana Best Lash Extreme and it seems to separate my lashes nicely. So, I'll keep this for that purpose, but would not purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was going to re-purchase my HG maybelline full n/soft, but decided to try something new. Like FnS, this a very natural looking mascara. Gives lashes nice definition, doesn't clump or flake, and lasts all day. I'm actually loving this more than FnS because it dries down even more soft, and does not dry out my lashes.

Light mascara; does not thicken or lengthen, but does go on smoothly with no clumps or flaking. Feels good on and is long lasting. I prefer a mascara that thickens and lengthens more.

Great every day mascara with workable, buildable coverage. I do find that I will need to wipe the excess from the tube before usage to get an even coating, but for the price point, a great go to. The added bonus is that Almay does not test on animals.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice natural-looking mascara. It wasn't very thickening, and it's sort of hard to build. I find for the best result, use a feathery and light application, not wiggling or twirling, etc. I was disappointed in the fact that it isn't thickening at all, but since it does not clump and looks great on its own, I'll keep it. The length of the wand is so great (shorter than average), and the bristles seem to work well for lower/shorter lashes. For a natural look, buy this, but if you're looking for ultra-thick black false-looking lashes, give this a pass.

I love this mascara! It goes on so easy and doesn't clump at all. I love the watery consistency. It doesn't flake off onto your face and doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove. It makes my lashes look so natural and not spidery at all. This is more of a light everyday mascara, so if you are looking for BIG volume and length, look elsewhere.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is another mascara that I used before HE brands. I only gave it 3 lippies because it does not thicken as it states. For me, it is just a "coating" mascara... maybe if you just need to add some color. I like the formulation. It isn't sticky (dries relatively fast...which is important for me!), doesn't flake, and doesn't bother my eyes. It also doesn't dry out fast in the tube. I had to throw it out after 3 months because it was replacement time, not because it was dry. However, it doesn't make my lashes look any different than before I applied it. I have naturally dark, relatively full lashes. I just like extra volume and length, but I got nothing with this. Disappointing with such a good formulation. :( I will not repurchase.

I love this mascara, I bought this in black noir and its very similar to my other mascara (colossal by maybelline) it makes my eyelashes super long (almost to the point of touching my eyebrows!) and thick. My boyfriend said it looks lighter, and better more natural looking. It makes your eyelashes soft and not brittle too. But its rather difficult to get off, not a big deal though. Great every day mascara.

Popular Mascaras