September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Powders - LUSH - Vanilla Puff dusting powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after seeing a user say how she pairs this with Aromaco deoderant. Well since I had Aromaco, I decided to pair this powder w/the deoderant for added protection. This stuff is amazing! First off, the smell is to die for. It reminds me of vanilla frosting, with a hint of musk to it! It smells identical to Vanilla Fountain Bath Bomb, which is also one of my fav's. I use this powder under my arms, underwear, and anywhere I want to feel drier. My only gripe w/this is the packaging. Mine always seems to leak a little, and the plastic part on top manages to turn open. Other than that, this is my HG powder!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really had to laugh at myself as I purchased this item, I wondered to myself if I would ever even use it. Surprisingly, I've used this every day since I purchased it and I've used it in many different ways. I've used it as a dry shampoo, I've used it on my bed before I go to sleep, I've used it after massage bars to soak up excess oils (this + Mange Too = <3), I've used it in my bra to soak up excess moisture and sometimes I pick it up just to smell it. It is a vanilla scent but it's a deep, musky type of vanilla - not a foody type. It's a very comforting scent for me, especially when used in my bed before I go to sleep. There's a spray that I got from Bath & Body works a long time ago that I use when I'm having trouble sleeping. It's a lavender and vanilla scented pillow mist (called Sleep) and this reminds me a lot of it only a more subdued version if that makes sense. I still find it funny that I spent $10 on a powder but after using (and loving) it, I'd definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have many many uses for vanilla puff :)

I can use it as a dry shampoo

I can use it as a Deoderant for my feet

I can also use it after my massage bars so I don't so greasy

It smells of very soft vanilla, and the scent lingers for a looong time!!!

I hate the packaging though. It's very messy and it gets everywhere.

The way I use it is to close off all the holes, and shake.
The powder that comes out of the cracks is the perfect amount :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by alt629

as others have said, this smells like a more "sophisticated" vanilla. i might be crazy but i think i detect some subtle cinnamon smell in there. i really didn't know what to use it for when i bought it.. but i have taken to putting this in my hair on days that i don't wash it. it really de-greases and makes your hair smell nice. it also seems to add volume too. i really like it for this purpose if nothing else!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not one who likes foody scented products so when I was shopping in a LUSH boutique and saw Vanilla Puff, I was going to pass it by. A tenacious sales associate told me she thought I may like it so I thought, why not, let me try a little, and oh boy was I surprised.

I fell in love with this super scented powder immediately and it smells like you'd expect Vanilla to smell, but there are other notes that almost do smell like citrus ones mixed in. It's packaged in a cute canister and lasts long because very little is needed per use, and I have bought it a couple of times already and will definitely be buying it again.

I love showering with any of my LUSH soaps, and find that Snowcake, Alkmaar, and Rock Star seem to be great ones to use prior to applying Vanilla Puff after drying off. Since I usually layer by using a LUSH favorite soap, massage bar, and dusting Powder, the scent lingers long throughout the day and I don't need to use cologne or perfume.

I think this is an awesome addition to your bath and body goodies, and makes for a great gift as it smells sensational.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice summer scent- a lot more sugar than vanilla I would say. I use it on my body if I am not using moisturizer. Smell doesn't last too long, but it is better than other powders I have smelt that are either to baby, or too old lady smelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by coruscation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MMM I love this smell. I use it on my legs after using Mange Too if they are too oily and smell of lovely vanilla all day. The packaging is horrible though. I kept it closed and can still get lots of product out of it without opening it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It is a multi purpose product. It softens the skin so you can just put it on bare. I'm going to get a little TMI on this review just warning you. I use on my underwear, or cover up the smell of my "secret clinical strength in baby powder" deodarant. Recently I've been using the heavanii massage bar (vanilla scented) and as any Lush customer would know that the massage bars get really greasy. So I sprinkle on the powder(and smooth into the skin) to take off the grease and an extra plus is the vanilla powder takes on the vanilla scent of the bar and makes my skin deliciously soft. The powder can also be sprinkled on the bed. Since this product is organic/vegan I sprinkled some on my shih tzu's coat. It didn't dull out his coat and I could smell him when he slep on my head (yea he does that) He hates all the pet sprays I get for him but he gave this one a two paws up. The only con is that the container is small for 12 bux. I just hope LUSH doesn't discontinue this powder because I know Karma was my first and last dusting powder and I paid 26 bucks for candy fluff on ebay.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a few dusting powders for the summer months to help with really hot days. I love the smell of this and that it isn't chalky or overpowering to me. Its a faint vanilla smell.

I also use this in my sons shoes since hes always running around and getting all sweating, REALLY helps with his stinky feet! My bf prefers the karma powder in his shoes.

Would repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by yogurt112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do like this stuff. The scent is a sugary vanilla/sandalwood scent, possibly a floral/herbal sweet vanilla. All in all, I like it. The scent doesn't last of course, seeing as it is a powder, but it does leave a delicate vanilla scent which stays close to your skin. In terms of the actual product, I've used it as a dry shampoo and all over my body. As a dry shampoo it works good enough to soak up any extra oilies (temporarily of course) and leaves a nice light woodsy vanilla scent behind. All over the body it does pretty much the same thing and gives you a nice clean feeling, something which helps if you shower in the morning and want to feel fresh when heading to bed. Good buy, not absolutely essential, but I'll definitely use it up.