April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Powders - LUSH - Vanilla Puff dusting powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not one who likes foody scented products so when I was shopping in a LUSH boutique and saw Vanilla Puff, I was going to pass it by. A tenacious sales associate told me she thought I may like it so I thought, why not, let me try a little, and oh boy was I surprised.

I fell in love with this super scented powder immediately and it smells like you'd expect Vanilla to smell, but there are other notes that almost do smell like citrus ones mixed in. It's packaged in a cute canister and lasts long because very little is needed per use, and I have bought it a couple of times already and will definitely be buying it again.

I love showering with any of my LUSH soaps, and find that Snowcake, Alkmaar, and Rock Star seem to be great ones to use prior to applying Vanilla Puff after drying off. Since I usually layer by using a LUSH favorite soap, massage bar, and dusting Powder, the scent lingers long throughout the day and I don't need to use cologne or perfume.

I think this is an awesome addition to your bath and body goodies, and makes for a great gift as it smells sensational.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice summer scent- a lot more sugar than vanilla I would say. I use it on my body if I am not using moisturizer. Smell doesn't last too long, but it is better than other powders I have smelt that are either to baby, or too old lady smelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by coruscation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MMM I love this smell. I use it on my legs after using Mange Too if they are too oily and smell of lovely vanilla all day. The packaging is horrible though. I kept it closed and can still get lots of product out of it without opening it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It is a multi purpose product. It softens the skin so you can just put it on bare. I'm going to get a little TMI on this review just warning you. I use on my underwear, or cover up the smell of my "secret clinical strength in baby powder" deodarant. Recently I've been using the heavanii massage bar (vanilla scented) and as any Lush customer would know that the massage bars get really greasy. So I sprinkle on the powder(and smooth into the skin) to take off the grease and an extra plus is the vanilla powder takes on the vanilla scent of the bar and makes my skin deliciously soft. The powder can also be sprinkled on the bed. Since this product is organic/vegan I sprinkled some on my shih tzu's coat. It didn't dull out his coat and I could smell him when he slep on my head (yea he does that) He hates all the pet sprays I get for him but he gave this one a two paws up. The only con is that the container is small for 12 bux. I just hope LUSH doesn't discontinue this powder because I know Karma was my first and last dusting powder and I paid 26 bucks for candy fluff on ebay.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a few dusting powders for the summer months to help with really hot days. I love the smell of this and that it isn't chalky or overpowering to me. Its a faint vanilla smell.

I also use this in my sons shoes since hes always running around and getting all sweating, REALLY helps with his stinky feet! My bf prefers the karma powder in his shoes.

Would repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by yogurt112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do like this stuff. The scent is a sugary vanilla/sandalwood scent, possibly a floral/herbal sweet vanilla. All in all, I like it. The scent doesn't last of course, seeing as it is a powder, but it does leave a delicate vanilla scent which stays close to your skin. In terms of the actual product, I've used it as a dry shampoo and all over my body. As a dry shampoo it works good enough to soak up any extra oilies (temporarily of course) and leaves a nice light woodsy vanilla scent behind. All over the body it does pretty much the same thing and gives you a nice clean feeling, something which helps if you shower in the morning and want to feel fresh when heading to bed. Good buy, not absolutely essential, but I'll definitely use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only complaints about this are that the top of it isn't well designed and spills out powder even when closed. The other thing is that it's rather pricey - but aren't all Lush products?

This product smells lovely and matches the Vanilla Dee Lite lotion and the Vanillary EDP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let’s get the complaints over with. I do have to gripes about his product, I am not thrilled about the talc content, as I have read a few things which make me weary of the substance. My other complaint is of course, the packaging. I hate how Lush package their powders, the plastic and cardboard canisters are impractical and messy.
That said…
Wow! I love this powder! My MUA screen-name has been compromised. Sexy musky sweet vanilla scent - not foody, not grandmotherly either. Wonderfully fine silky texture. Pairs well with just about every fragrance I own… but it smells better on its own. No silly glitter bits, no rough texture - I am afraid my Candyfluff has been retired for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by shaecode

smells just like the vanilla fountain bath bomb which is my absolute favorite smell from lush! i use this after the therapy massage bar or buffy and it gets rid of the greasy-ness while keeping my skin soft and smelling great. i wish the smell lasted a bit longer though. but overall a great product. would be cool if they packaged it with a little puff to apply it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by holychristy

this stuff smells SO GOOD! it's a sophisticated vanilla scent. i bought this to dust on my bedsheets, but i don't think the scent lasts that long...or maybe i need to use more? so i guess you can say i wish the scent was stronger. it's sorda expensive though. i mean i don't expect it to cost the same as johnson's baby powder, but i wish it was more affordable and then i would be able to use more and not feel guilty about it.