December 20, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An observation: really good eye liner pencils come from Germany. I dare you to find a better eye liner at the drugstore. These are good enough to compete with those at the department store. Super pigmented, glide-on without tugging. Reasonably priced at about $9.00. I really like the cobalt and black shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

I love the way it made my eyes look, great color, stay power, great price..... minus the red eyes.

It unfortunately irritated the s**t out of my eyes, so I can not wear it or buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I have used every pencil eyeliner there is from NYX, UD, and my fave which is the milani although it is hard to find in stores, I heard good things about this one so I decided to try. The best thing about this eyeliner is the creaminess of it, it is like no other but because of that you have to sharpen it every day. It is very long lasting, this is the only pencil eyeliner that will stay on my waterline for more than 12 hours, that's the other part about it it's very difficult to remove. I don't wear makeup on the weekends 2 days later you can still see remnants of it. I love the smudged tip for the smoky look. I love it and will probably repurchase as I can always find coupons for it and get it for around $4-5. You can't beat that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the pigment as it is a dark black, but this smudged on my waterline along with every other eyeliner i've used in the past. This also requires a sharpening after every use, if you're like me and prefer a precise winged line this can be time consuming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I generally like Kajal type eye pencils and have tried Mac, Stila and Urban decay Perversion. All three delivered, as they are very black, and creamy so easy to blend. I was told about the EI Liquid eyeliner and even though my kit is filled with black eye pencils wanted to give this one a try.

What I like most about this one is that the application is kajal-like, but it does dry down, so there is less smudging. I use this as a tightline eyeliner on the top lid, then take an angled brush with a bit of black eyeshadow and trace the line to seal it in. I then take whatever is left on the brush to subtly trace the lower lash line. After I have done the rest of my makeup, i take a q-tip and clean up anything that has moved, including corners of eyes.
The test of a great eyeliner pencil is what I look like 6 hours later. I have found very little travelling, absolutely no fading, and it comes off quite easily with my Clinique take the day off makeup remover. This is a GREAT drugstore find, and when on sale, which is often, a good buy. Wish they made other colors, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I like this eyeliner because it goes on smooth and is rich in color unlike other eyeliners that go on gray if the color says "black". I would not recommend this for the waterline because it WILL smudge since its so creamy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woah they weren't kidding when they said this pencil is intense!

Pros: Glides on easily without snags and doesn't dry up over time. Super dark for smokey looks and smudges easily for this purpose.

Cons: I have really small eyes so I don't have a lot of room for mistakes when it comes to eyeliner. This pencil is quite wide and takes an experienced gentle hand for application. I use this for dark smokey looks at night. It smudges really easily so that's great if you're purposely trying to do this. If not... then it looks like you drew an extra line in your crease. It does not mix well with the natural oils in my skin. I have to set this HEAVILY with a black shadow if I have any change of wearing it with a lighter shade. Easy to make mistakes. It super soft and applies easily but too much pressure can be disastrous. It's hard to sharpen due to this as well and makes a huge mess. Impossible to wear on bottom lash line or water lines since it runs everywhere. It runs into my tear ducts and makes a big gloopy mess in the corners. Hello raccoon fight.

I tried this twice. The first time my mother gave it to me after she could not get a handle on it. I tried it again when it came with a mascara hoping the smearing was due to it possibly being old the first time. I'm an experienced eyeliner user (I have wing-tipped my eyes every day for the last 15 years or so). Do not buy this unless you love a seriously intense all over smokey look.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only giving this three stars, because honestly this has the same consistency as gel liner and is nearly impossible to apply in pencil form. I ended up using an eyeliner brush to tightline with, which totally defeats the purpose IMO. BUT this ended up lasting literally all day with very little smudging onto my lower waterline, so the product itself is fantastic, I guess the pencil packaging just makes it seem gimicky to me. I wear contacts and this didn't irritate my eyes at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by nivea646

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The eyeliner does have better staying power than ALL other eyeliners I have tried (including UD, MUFE etc), but the only problem is that it makes my eyes red, blurry and watery. I noticed some other people also have this problem. I do wear contacts so not sure if it just doesnt go with contacts, but yea, for the staying power, I may compromise sometimes ;).

One other thing I noticed with this eyeliner is that some days it just wouldnt budge at all, and other days it smudges too soon. I am not sure what I do differently I do on those days.

I may buy it again if I cant find anything as good (at staying power that is).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've bought three of these.. I love how they last (when they're set with my Wet 'n' Wild black eyeshadow). They don't run. My only problem with them, and maybe I'm just slow, is that I can't figure out how to sharpen them. I've tried different sharpeners, and they just crack or the wood stays sharp and hurts my eyes. I saved the old eyeliners, in hopes that someone will tell me the secret to sharpening them and I won't have to waste the eyeliners.