L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

4.1

on 5/11/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Behold, black eyeliner lovers, this is the holy grail. This product is so easy to use it's ridiculous. It glides on effortlessly with NO tugging; is super pigmented, and incredibly easy to blend. Unlike liquid liner, if you mess up the line, you can fix it. I thought the blender on the other end of the brush would be useless, but it really helps smooth out any imperfections in the line. Great staying power, so glad I found this!

on 3/21/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It is dark (I have the carbon black), goes on smoothly without tugging, and the best part, it stays on all day! I don't have to retouch at all. The only con is that it does need to be sharpened after just two uses. I'm thinking I will go through this eyeliner fairly fast, but I will but it again.

on 3/19/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm unsure how so many people liked this eyeliner. Too much product comes off at the slightest touch and it's such a small pencil tip. I used it maybe 10 times and it was nearly gone.

5/5 Update: I realized I didn't sharpen it after it wore down. However, given it's crumbly nature, I'm still going to up it's rating to a 2.

I did however like it's staying power. And it came off fairly easily.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my expectations for this eyeliner were exceedingly low. having tried and set aside many a black eyeliner, i found what i consider to be the best, blackest, longest-lasting pencil that i need (prestige total intensity in blackest black, just fyi.) i had no need for further experimentation, particularly from l'oreal--i can't think of a single noteworthy product from them that i have ever used, come to think of it. however, my mom gave me this pencil, so what the hey, right? for science, i tried it.

it's not half bad! the best part of this pencil, on my eyes (they are so prone to smudging its embarrassing) is that the black has not transferred to my undereyes. this is a sign of a very good eyeliner, in my book. i used a bit of rimmel taupe liner to smudge out the line, and it ended up working out quite nicely. no irritation (at least not severely so--i wear contacts, so my eyes always bug me.)

the worst part is how quickly it needs to be sharpened. i really havent experienced this with any eyeliner before--mid-way through one eye, the tip had clearly lost its point (and i am delicate on this sort of liner.) you definitely need a good sharpener for this one (prestige makes a decent one, but i use chanel...also UD grindhouse is very popular.)

not sure i'd buy it again, but i will keep an eye out for l'oreal sales in the future (CVS always gets me with their BOGO stuff, grrr.)

on 3/9/2014 6:08:00 PM

An observation: really good eye liner pencils come from Germany. I dare you to find a better eye liner at the drugstore. These are good enough to compete with those at the department store. Super pigmented, glide-on without tugging. Reasonably priced at about $9.00. I really like the cobalt and black shades.

I love the way it made my eyes look, great color, stay power, great price..... minus the red eyes.

It unfortunately irritated the s**t out of my eyes, so I can not wear it or buy it again.

on 2/10/2014 11:29:00 PM

I have used every pencil eyeliner there is from NYX, UD, and my fave which is the milani although it is hard to find in stores, I heard good things about this one so I decided to try. The best thing about this eyeliner is the creaminess of it, it is like no other but because of that you have to sharpen it every day. It is very long lasting, this is the only pencil eyeliner that will stay on my waterline for more than 12 hours, that's the other part about it it's very difficult to remove. I don't wear makeup on the weekends 2 days later you can still see remnants of it. I love the smudged tip for the smoky look. I love it and will probably repurchase as I can always find coupons for it and get it for around $4-5. You can't beat that!

on 2/9/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love the pigment as it is a dark black, but this smudged on my waterline along with every other eyeliner i've used in the past. This also requires a sharpening after every use, if you're like me and prefer a precise winged line this can be time consuming.

on 1/7/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I generally like Kajal type eye pencils and have tried Mac, Stila and Urban decay Perversion. All three delivered, as they are very black, and creamy so easy to blend. I was told about the EI Liquid eyeliner and even though my kit is filled with black eye pencils wanted to give this one a try.

What I like most about this one is that the application is kajal-like, but it does dry down, so there is less smudging. I use this as a tightline eyeliner on the top lid, then take an angled brush with a bit of black eyeshadow and trace the line to seal it in. I then take whatever is left on the brush to subtly trace the lower lash line. After I have done the rest of my makeup, i take a q-tip and clean up anything that has moved, including corners of eyes.
The test of a great eyeliner pencil is what I look like 6 hours later. I have found very little travelling, absolutely no fading, and it comes off quite easily with my Clinique take the day off makeup remover. This is a GREAT drugstore find, and when on sale, which is often, a good buy. Wish they made other colors, though.

on 1/5/2014 7:54:00 AM

I like this eyeliner because it goes on smooth and is rich in color unlike other eyeliners that go on gray if the color says "black". I would not recommend this for the waterline because it WILL smudge since its so creamy.