April 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this eyeliner in both black and brown and must say these pencils have a really rich dark color payoff so the brown can actually pass as a light black. These are the softest eyeliner pencils I have ever used which could be a pro and con for some. It is nice that it is so soft so it doesn't tug at your eyes and cause premature wrinkling and it glides on like butter, which means you can use it on your waterline. However the cons of it being so soft is that I feel like I need to constantly sharpen the pencil, at least every other day and you can never get a precise line on the top of your eyes. These do wear for a long time without smudging, but you have to make sure you let it set. After applying this liner it will take 20 seconds for it to set so if you want to smudge it out do so before then. Also if you are using it on your lower waterline you need to use a primer first, apply the liner and then set it with some powder on top to prevent the liner from running and making you look like a raccoon. The price of these isn't too expensive, but it definitely isn't cheap for a drugstore item. I would recommend this eyeliner for someone who doesn't mind sharpening it all the time and who wants to create a smudging look for a smokey eye. Definitely don't buy this if you like precise lines and if you are thinking about buying this to use for your waterline I'd suggest using Rimmel's kohl kajal waterproof ScandalEyes liner since it works just as well and is half the price. For my own preferential reasons I won't rebuy this eyeliner since it doesn't suit my needs, but it is a good quality liner for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros: Really does look like liquid liner. The blackest black I've ever seen. I like the angled smudger it comes with.

Cons: Most annoying product I've ever used. The wax's consistency is so soft that the tip of the pencil smashes down as you apply it, so you start out with a nice, fine tip (= thin line) and end up with an uneven blob on the tip of your pencil (=uneven, lumpy line+ scratches from the wood casing poking out.) Requires almost constant sharpening--one sharpening session doesn't last through one application of this liner, I usually do one eye, sharpen, then do the other. I'm about ready to chuck mine in the trash, something I've never done before--I hate to throw out a $10 liner but this is really a waste of time.

If you've got the steady-handedness of a neurosurgeon this might be an excellent liner, but if not, steer clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably my all-time favorite eyeliner. It lasts ALL DAY on the water line which is incredible. It is a bit of a pain in the butt to remove. I use Purpose cleanser on my face and that gets some of it off but I'll also have to spend a good minute or so wiping away the rest with a cotton pad soaked in eye MU remover.
It's a little messy to apply because the texture is so creamy but after that it hardly budges throughout the day. I have the carbon black color which is exactly how it sounds- really freakin' black but I love it for smokey eyes and the rubber tip is nice for smudging though I haven't gotten it to totally work for me. I usually smudge it out with a pencil brush. I'm definitely going to look at more of the colors. For the price this really is an incredible eyeliner!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very black which is great. It goes on smoothly which is great. It's a bit fat at the tip which makes it harder to apply neatly. What is absolutely horrible about this product is that there's hardly any product in it. I just bought it, used it once, and realized that after a handful more uses it'll probably be gone. Will not repurchase due to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

What an interesting product. I have this in brown and gray. Let me just start off by saying I would NOT recommend this product for beginners.

Shade- Both are pretty dark versions of brown and gray. I was looking for something that was more of a typical brown or gray, but these are pretty dark. Very...intense!

Application/Texture- Very messy because the texture is sooo soft. While the soft texture prevents tugging, it is also the product's main flaw- one little mistake and your liner is ruined! Almost every time I use this I get product all over my fingers/hands. Also, it is very hard to control- the texture is not good for winged liner. If you have shaky hands, this liner is not for you. On the upper lash line, this eyeliner doesn't look like anything special either. Also, the smudger that comes with it is the worst smudger I've ever seen. It basically might as well not be there.

Lasting Power- this is why I even gave the product 3 stars. I have extremely watery eyes with contacts, have tried SO many eyeliners on the waterline, and basically none have stayed longer than a few hours with so much fading. But when I put this eyeliner on my waterline, it does not fade, it does not smear, it does not go away. It stays perfect, for I'd say, 6-7 hours with veryyy slight fading. The only reason to touch it up at all is if you're a perfectionist. It is a hassle to get off with makeup remover, but who cares?? I'd use this just for my waterline and nothing else and be happy!

The reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because I hope to find an eyeliner that stays put on my eyeliner and doesn't apply weird or is difficult to apply. Hopefully the 24/7 Urban Decay eyeliners will meet my expectations for this! My search for a better pencil eyeliner continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MakeupAlley, you ladies failed me! :( I don't understand the glory behind this eye pencil at all. I love that it goes on sooo smoothly, unlike any other eye pencil and that it's intense black with no spark however, it smears and can get a bit messy! That is a failed eyeliner product, the whole point is to glide on smooth and last, stay put. The worst scenario we can get is messy, raccoon eyes and that is exactly what is happening with this eyeliner. It is because it glides on so smooth due to its softness, that it results in a messy eyeliner. Also, you'll be sharpening it many times since it's too soft that you'll be using it excessively. don't bother buying it. NEXT!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by kciarcia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this liner pretty badly, but am somewhat dissapointed. I love how easily it glides on, but before it dries, it can make quite a mess, with fallout, or smearing. I have never had such a mess all over my fingers, lids above and below my eye as I get with this. I tighlined with this as I usually do and my eyes were watering for quite some time afterwards. (hours) I usually don't have that problem with pencils. It also "spilled" into my eye and attached to my contact causing a blurred spot. I try to be fair when rating products, and will use it for a few days in a row, take time off and use it again so that I get a good idea how the makeup works. This one had the same results every time. The pigmentation is perfect, and it blends easily. The formulation needs something so it dries quicker... something, just can't put my finger on it. I will be going back to my Physicians Formula kohl kajal pencils as my daily go to.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried this all week, it goes on too smoothly, almost smears itself onto my eyes. I think it could be a great product if it werent so "touchy". It just messes up and sometimes the point falls off when I am applying it so I have to sharpen it, also it doesnt seem to sharpen very well, about half the pencil was gone before it actually sharpened enough to a usable point. I think this pencil sucks! Either eyeliners are too soft or too hard. I can't find a decent one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lolo33311

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is amazing! I have absolutely no complaints with it. The pigmentation is amazing! It is the perfect intense black and it glides on so smoothly! The lasting power on this is also really good.

Definitely will be repurchasing! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually switch around brands when buying pencil eyeliners, but this might be my new HG! It's super dark, creamy, and glides on to my waterline. LOVE IT. To add to it's incredibleness...it lasted a really long time! It seriously blows all other drugstore pencil eyeliners out of the water.
The only con (as many reviewers have already pointed out) - the packaging. A self sharpening version of this would be beyond compare.
The pros significantly outweigh the cons for me, and I will continue to repurchase!