September 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by nivea646

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The eyeliner does have better staying power than ALL other eyeliners I have tried (including UD, MUFE etc), but the only problem is that it makes my eyes red, blurry and watery. I noticed some other people also have this problem. I do wear contacts so not sure if it just doesnt go with contacts, but yea, for the staying power, I may compromise sometimes ;).

One other thing I noticed with this eyeliner is that some days it just wouldnt budge at all, and other days it smudges too soon. I am not sure what I do differently I do on those days.

I may buy it again if I cant find anything as good (at staying power that is).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've bought three of these.. I love how they last (when they're set with my Wet 'n' Wild black eyeshadow). They don't run. My only problem with them, and maybe I'm just slow, is that I can't figure out how to sharpen them. I've tried different sharpeners, and they just crack or the wood stays sharp and hurts my eyes. I saved the old eyeliners, in hopes that someone will tell me the secret to sharpening them and I won't have to waste the eyeliners.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mufejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEWARE IF YOU ARE A CONTACT WEARER!!

I was wearing this yesterday and my contacts turned extremely hazy and I could barely see. I thought it was just because the pair was getting old. So I switched to a new pair, and retouched my eyeliner, and went out, and half an hour later, SAME THING HAPPENED! I thought it might be the eyeliner, but I waited. For the past two days, when I wore the eyeliner, I definitely had the hazy gray fog in my contacts again.

This basically means that the eyeliner can move into your eye so do NOT use it on your waterline or lower lash line. It got into my eyes both ways and caused extreme irritation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Chandler0505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this 5 because it works wonders for me. I use this strictly for tight lining my upper lid. I hate the way hard pencils feel on my eyelid. This is so soft that it glides right on. It stays wonderfully, and I can smudge into my shadow for a soft smoky eye. I don't like this for cat eyes or more elaborate eyeliners like other reviewers have said. But for my tightline, it's a miracle! I have 3 colors and will continue to buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I give this a neutral rating because I love using the black for smokey eyes, it is soft enough for the waterline and smudges beautifully. I would not recommend this for cleaner eyeliner shapes. (i.e. cat eyes, pin-up eyes) It just gets way too smudy throughout the day. This is not oily lid friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What the?! Usually a HE girl, I recently became obsessed with non-toxic makeup sans yucky parabens, etc. Thanks to the EWG site, I came across this lil beauty. So not only does it get a crazy good score, but it's by far the best liner I've used. Chose it over ysl crayon while getting dressed today. I line my waterline, let it dry, and line it again. Then I smudge a bit under the lash line to smoke it out. Friend asked if I had my makeup professionally done. Ahhmaze.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

blackest eyeliner ever! very very creamy so it transfers well. smooth and doesnt drag your eyelid. staying power is nice too! the only downfall is that it is a bit too creamy, because it smudges. packaging also comes with a smudger if your into that!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is great. i'm on my second pencil. the colour is so RICH and DEEP. it goes on so dark and creamy. i use it on my waterline and tightline every day. it does smudge if i don't use mascara on my lower lashes. solution: use mascara! i don't have to sharped often as i am able to use it even when the tip gets blunt. i don't use the smudger at all because i only use this for waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by minatigerlily

I have not used this pencil for a top lid liner, so for those planning to do so this may not be for you if thats what your looking to do with this eyeliner. I have slightly almond shaped eyes, and often a pencil eyeliner will rub off on my lids, and since this is a "liquid pencil" it is sure to do so. The reason I am writing this review is because I want to rave about the workability of this eyeliner. I had a somewhat difficult time applying evenly because it is so soft, and has such a large point. After creating what looked like hell on my lower lids, I used the other end to smooth out and blend and WOW what a difference. I felt almost like I was using a paintbrush, very cool! It almost gave a blended airbrush effect. I am gel liner user and that probably won't change, but after picking up this pencil to do a full black lined eye I was totally impressed. A girlfriend borrowed it too and couldn't believe how smooth it was, and how black (which is always a plus). The staying power is good, It lasted all day for me. Again if your looking for a harder pencil for a simple even line, this would not by my first recommendation, but if your looking to have some fun, or just get a really beautiful blended look, this might be a good choice for you. I was impressed for a drugstore liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this eyeliner in both black and brown and must say these pencils have a really rich dark color payoff so the brown can actually pass as a light black. These are the softest eyeliner pencils I have ever used which could be a pro and con for some. It is nice that it is so soft so it doesn't tug at your eyes and cause premature wrinkling and it glides on like butter, which means you can use it on your waterline. However the cons of it being so soft is that I feel like I need to constantly sharpen the pencil, at least every other day and you can never get a precise line on the top of your eyes. These do wear for a long time without smudging, but you have to make sure you let it set. After applying this liner it will take 20 seconds for it to set so if you want to smudge it out do so before then. Also if you are using it on your lower waterline you need to use a primer first, apply the liner and then set it with some powder on top to prevent the liner from running and making you look like a raccoon. The price of these isn't too expensive, but it definitely isn't cheap for a drugstore item. I would recommend this eyeliner for someone who doesn't mind sharpening it all the time and who wants to create a smudging look for a smokey eye. Definitely don't buy this if you like precise lines and if you are thinking about buying this to use for your waterline I'd suggest using Rimmel's kohl kajal waterproof ScandalEyes liner since it works just as well and is half the price. For my own preferential reasons I won't rebuy this eyeliner since it doesn't suit my needs, but it is a good quality liner for the price.