April 18, 2014 | 860 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

8-10 INCHES AWAY PEOPLE!! I'm pleasantly surprised, I really like this! The bottle looks tacky but don't let that scare you. This is cheap but don't let that scare you. I never go without heat protectants on my frizzy bi-racial hair. I've used many different heat protections Chi(to sticky for me)and Tressamme Heat tamer(behaved to much like water on my hair and actually made it poofy). I actually became turned off from spray heat protectants and thought serums (paul mitchell skinny,moroccan oil ect were the only option. I didn't use this for blow drying since this is a flat iron balm. I used a small amount of serum and blow dried as usual and then before I began to flat iron each section I shook the bottle and sprayed (8-10 inches away like advised on the bottle) but I concentrated more on my ends (again 8-10 inches away).The flat iron guardian spray is meant to go on dry hair, one section at a time. I sprayed almost a foot away sometimes and wondered if I would be able to notice any difference but after I flat ironed I noticed my hair was more silky then usual. This really helped with my ends that get a little dry and made my hair look more polished then usual and better overall. It protected my hair, didn't leave any gross residue, and it was the only spray protectant that I've found that didn't make my hair look frizzy .For me this product does work from heat damage, the bottle sprays the product as a mist and it goes on evenly, I don't have to use tons,and it makes my hair soft and frizz-free.* I think spraying from a distance really made a difference I think some people spray to close (saturating the hair) and also used this flat iron balm on wet hair before blow drying,and that's why they had a bad experience with this product. I used this before and only sprayed only a few inches away (not following directions,like I think alot of people are doing)and didn't have such a positive experience. Flat iron balm-use on dry hair before flat ironing 8-10 inches away. I think if people used this product correctly that it would have a higher rating. The scent is strong when you are spraying but it wont be to much scent on your hair if you spray it 8-10 inches away.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by StaySweet516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was searching for a heat protectant in WALMART and came upon this. I've heard that Got 2 B has good products. So I was suckered in and bought it. But when I first tried it out, it smelled HORRIBLE. I'm never bothered by smells really but it was kinda musky, almost like medecine. It's hard to explain.
I thought that maybe the product would make up for that but I was wrong. It was very sticky and didn't prevent spilt ends. When I applied it to wet hair when I was going to use the dryer, my hair got all clumped and sticky. It took me a good 10 minutes to comb the mess out.
The price isn't too bad but isn't cheap either. I'm sure that there are WAY better drugstore heat protectants out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Long-lasting sleek, frizz-free locks with luminous shine effects"....? Not for me, but maybe my hair is just too coarse and frizzy. I bought this on a whim, and I will not rebuy because my hair is just as frizzy about an hour later, and it's no longer straight, either! I was surprised to look into the mirror later in the day and see my waves waving back at me. I tried it on second day hair to see if that made a difference, but nope. My hair was nice and soft, but for the price, I'll just stick to Tresemme next time.

I love the package though- they lured me in with that cute curvy bottle lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by stardust5656

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim, because I had heard very good reviews about it. But, for my hair type,(which does not straighten very easily)I don't think this really does much. I don't know if it protects all to well, just because my ends looked fried and crispy after using this.The smell is not very appealing, and reminds me of pickle juice? It wasn't a terrible product, but it wasn't a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh hell yeah!:) This stuff rocks!!! I was using other stuff for flat ironing and my hair was wrecked...expensive stuff too, and a very expensive flat iron. Hair--ruined :( So I got the chop, and started over. No more flat iron, so I switched to a jumbo curling iron which I used to use and was way more gentle on my hair. So I decide to try this spray to keep my hair from getting wrecked (again). Fabulous!!!! I spray lightly over damp hair and blow dry. It seals the cuticle and makes my hair shiny and nicely protected from the dryer. And in the a.m. when I curl, I take a section of hair, give it a quick squirt and kind of smooth it through the ends, then wrap the hair around the curling iron barrel. Absolutely gorgeous curls that are shiny, bouncy and last!! I can't even tell you how nice this stuff is! My hair doesn't look frizzy or fried and feels totally protected and glossy.
Lets talk price--cheap cheap cheap!!! For what I was paying for another brand of protector, I could buy like 6 bottles of this stuff! The smell is mild--I don't know what people are talking about that it smells funny or anything. It smells nice and not overpowering. And it really really de-frizzes my hair like nothing else. And it doesn't make my hair look/feel dry--but also doesn't make it greasy or heavy.
It really is just an absolutely fabulous all around product.
And one bottle has lasted me probably a year of daily use!!! I don't know if it's because the pump sprays a real fine mist or what the deal is, but I've never had a product work this well and last this long--and cost so little.
Definitely a must-have beauty essential in my book :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by urbanmom

I don't care for this product at all. From what I can tell it did nothing (good or bad) other than make my hair super staticy when I used it. It smells pretty good, and the packaging is super cute but it reminds me of when I went to high school and there was always that one popular girl. This product is that girl, it's pretty, smells nice and is cheap, but there's nothing inside. Won't be buying this cow again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by bjdp55

I used this a year ago for about a year, and it completely destroyed my hair. It did not protect against heat well enough, so i ended up having to chop my hair due to damage. It also smelt gross and burning once you put your flat iron through it. cheap product, not good enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was originally looking for the Blow out Lotion and finishing Gloss from the Got2B Guardian Angel collection when I realized that it's the same thing as this and the curling iron version as well. There are only one or 2 chemicals that are re-arranged for each version. They are all basically the exact same except for packaging. So, if you cant find the version you want, no worries!

That being said, I do love this stuff. I have fine hair that is highly prone to heat damage.. I've used many different heat protections (Chi, Tressamme Heat tamer, VO5, blah, blah, blah...) but this one is the best.

It doesn't weigh my hair down, like the majority of products do. It's cheap, smells wonderful and actually works. That's not to say it completely stops heat damage, but I have noticed a fairly large improvement. I use this stuff every time I blow-dry, curl, or straighten my hair. Works great for all 3. The only thing I don't like is the alcohol in it, but its still a great product.

Ill be buying it again. Good job on this one Got2B.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for my hair. I have fairly straight hair but I flat iron to achieve a more polished look. This protectant dried out my hair and left it dull and with fly aways.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

I liked the packaging, it was cute and unique as it had little charms, though I've noticed some stores that also sell them, their bottles don't have the charms? Meh. I found the smell to be pleasent, but it was a bit strong for me. At the end of the day, I found my hair to look a bit greasy. Will be sticking to my tresemme heat spray.