August 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really works, but I have 2 words. GO GENERIC! This is a medication that was originally made for glaucoma. They discovered that the patients that were using it grew long, thick eyelashes so Allergan, the company that makes Lumigan, slapped a new label on it and jacked the price up to 4 times what it was and gave us Latisse, a total rip-off. It's "bimatoprost 0.03%" and is marketed under numerous names including: Latisse, Lumigan, Careprost, etc. and has been around for years. Anyway, I have been using Careprost since Latisse came out and my lashes are full, long and dark at $15/bottle. It has also thickened and darkened my brows. LOVE it..

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Longer, darker, and more curled lashes that look almost fake with mascara. My mom asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes.
Although it says not to, I've used it on my lower lashline and the ends of my eyebrows with milder but pleasant results.

I'm nearing the end of my first bottle of Latisse and am wondering if I should go for the generic brand instead. Which do you recommend, ladies? I can't plunk down all that cash again.

Definitely use a thin eyeliner brush and wash often. The plastic applicators that come in the (excessive) packaging soak up and waste the drops.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by girliechew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm normally a skeptic. on just about everything. I had to see a dermatologist for a freak break out on my face which cleared up by my 2nd visit. on my 2nd visit, I noticed a brochure for Latisse and was feeling pretty good about my complexion so I decided to try and I gotta say, it works!!! I'm on month 2 of using the product and I can totally see results. I got a special 5ml bottle that's supposed to last 4+ months and I think it will probably last 6+. DO NOT USE the applicators that come with the product. they are wasting the product thru capillary rise. Use one drop in the cap and use an eyeliner brush. keep the brush held in a downward position until u are ready to apply to your eyelashes. And one drop is more than enough for both eyes. I can't wait to see what they look like by month 4. I always envied people with long eyelashes. I'm just a normal woman - not a beauty by any means. but having longer eyelashes makes me feel beautiful and feminine. Strongly recommend if u are wiling to try and spend some money. I consider it an investment in my overall psyche.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works!!!!
Yes indeed it does, there can be no question about that. I have been using this since this summer and I love my lashes!!
So the obvious pros of the product are that it does truly work. My lashes are longer darker and thicker!!
The cons?
Well, obviously the cost. I will say that once you get the desired results you can scale back to every few nights with no issues. Also you can use only one drop for both eyes with the applicator and save some money that way too. (But to get my results I was a drop per eye regularly initially)
Ive read of people using an eyeliner brush instead of the applicators and using one drop for both eyes. I suppose you can do that too, I'm just a hygiene freak so i open the supplied applicator container a bit and take one out, then apply a drop very carefully to my applicator
..( hold it sideways and get so close to it with the bottle of Latisse that you almost touch it and let the drop sort of saturate it that way)...
I did try to do it with an eye liner brush but... It was really drippy..( so proof that there is alot of product wasted in the supplied brushes)..
Another con?? It did kind of irritate my lash line the first few nights I used it. i almost didn't use it again, but decided to keep going.
You may find that you are definitely reddened above the lash line after each use.. Looks sort of sickly. But makeup covers that up.. And of course after a few days of not using it the redness is gone(then i use it again:) because I'm addicted hehe
I think that would be the only reason I would maybe not maintain this.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence about using!!!
Oh and ps:
I still use mascara, cant imagine not... So it hasn't eliminated the need for that!!
Mascara just makes them look beautiful and finished..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by somuchfawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased my first bottle of Latisse I had many questions and spent quite a bit of time researching reviews online. They never answered all of my questions, so now after having used Latisse I hope this review will answer all of yours.

First of all, I did not purchase Latisse through a doctor, I purchased it at Longlashesonline, which is supervised by a doctor's office and recognized by Latisse as a legitimate reseller, the other website I would recommend would be LatisseMD. These are totally legitimate and I've had no problem with the Latisse received from either. I recommend purchasing online because you can save quite a bit of money I've paid between $100 and $116 for 5ml bottles- unless you have an eye condition or certain allergies purchasing online from a REPUTABLE reseller is a good option. Regarding application: I've heard many people in reviews say that one 3ml bottle of Latisse will last one month-- If that is how long it last you then you are WASTING product- probably by using the applicators that come with Latisse and following their overzealous directions. Although I've never used a 3ml bottle, my 5ml bottles have lasted me about 6 months each- I use a simple long handled black eyeliner applicator (which can be purchased at any target or wal mart like store for 3 bucks). The directions on the bottle will tell you to use one drop per eye and to wipe it across your entire eyelid- DO NOT DO THIS. You can put one drop in the cap that comes with your bottle of Latisse and then use your eyeliner applicator to apply the product just along your eye lash line. One drop should be enough for both eyes. The applicators they give you drink the
product and do not effectively apply without having to use about 4 drops (wasted product)

Side Effects: Latisse has given me some hyper pigmentation at the base of my lash line- it can be covered with makeup/eyeshadow and actually is kind of nice because it makes me look like I have a little eyeshadow on naturally (although I would prefer not to have this side effect- not everyone will or does). But I suspect it would be MUCH worse if I applied Latisse to my entire eyelid, I can not stress enough- do NOT to do that, it isn't necessary! Iris Pigmentation: I have not experienced any changes in the color of my iris- I have hazel eyes(with gold, blue, and green hues) and my aunt who is also a Latisse user with light blue eyes has not experience this either. I am so glad about this because I would definitely discontinue use if this ever happened.

Red Eye: Latisse was originally used as a treatment for glaucoma that was to be applied directly to the eye- it worked to remove fluid build up in the vessels of the eye to decrease inner ocular pressure in patients- I believe the method of this is through blood vessel dilation which would explain the red eye that can be associated with Latisse. I have experienced some red eye with Latisse- particularly within the first week or two of application then it tapered off. Some people will experience this and some won't. It stopped after about week two and I have also begun applying every other day which seems to be more tolerable for my eyes. I do wear contacts and I do recommend you take your contacts out before applying Latisse- bedtime is a good time to apply because you don't need to see to sleep! : )

Lash length: Within the first 4 weeks there is a slight noticeable difference in the length of my lashes, but it definitely takes a good 3 months to see dramatic effects. My lashes are noticeably longer (not creepily long- I don't like the spider leg look), they are MUCH thicker, and they are MUCH darker, before Latisse my lashes were your regular run of the mill lashes and I definitely needed mascara to create definition to my eyes, Latisse makes my lashes lush, thick, and dark and if you are suffering from sparse lashes or just want extra gorgeous lashes I definitely recommend it. It does come with risks, but be vigilant and pay attention to how your eyes react to Latisse and you should be fine! See a doctor immediately if you have any kind of serious reaction or if irritation last longer than you would expect. Latisse should never hurt when you use it- so if it does go see your doctor asap!

Generic Latisse: I have not tried nor will I try the generic Latisse you can purchase online called Careprost- If it is ever FDA approved I will be the first to line up for it, but your eyes are too precious to risk their health to save a few bucks. Some people may disagree, but it's not worth the risk to me. I hope this review has answered all of your questions about starting Latisse! These are just my opinions and experiences with the product, there are a million ways to do one thing so I am sure you will find what works for you! This is an honest, unsponsored review. Phew- if only I could write this easily for the research paper due in my French Impressionism class!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I got a free bottle of Latisse from my dermatologist and noticed lash growth within the first week. I loved it. Within a month I had lashes and no longer needed to use an eyelash curler. There was some hyerpigmentation on my upper lids, but it was like I had eye shadow on and it was a positive. After about 2 months, pollen season starting, and suddenly I had swollen eyes and it looked like I had a black eye on the right eye. I thought it was due to the pollen and started taking antihistimines, pills and drops, stopped using the Latisse. The problem SLOWLY resolved, was almost gone and I thought I would try the Latisse again. ONE night and I'm back where I was. I don't believe it had to do with the pollen and I have become allergic to the Latisse. I'm very sad because it was wonderful to have lashes and could get up in the morning with no makeup and look much better. Now I have to try to heal up again. I rated it a 1 because of my reaction to it, would love to give it a 5, because that was what it was until this happened.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lisa4gail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works! My eyelashes had become sparse and my dermatologist suggested it. After the initial $120 for a 4 month supply, I can now use it every other day and it lasts 8 months. I have never had a beauty product work so well! It is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by asimnicol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Users buy Latisse (Bimatoprost Opthalmic) for saving vision from partial or permanent blindness. Patients that purchase Latisse (Bimatoprost Opthalmic) suffer from various ocular issues that result from increased pressure within the eye. Two of the most important conditions treated by generic Latisse are glaucoma and ocular hypertension. The eyes produce natural fluids to keep the ocular nerves healthy.
The best price I have found online for latisse was at http://www.nobledrugsstore.com/ for 1 bottle only $35.99 and 3 bottles only with discount $99.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kayab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Latisse! I seriously do not think I could live without it now that my my lashes are so long and thick. I have tried lash extensions, but they seriously thinned out my lashes and irritated my eyes. The best price I have found online for latisse was at skinsolutions.md for $74.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jentstersgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Latisse. I have had phenomenal results with it. My eyelashes are very long. I could use a little more thickness, but my lashes look so much better with Latisse that I can't complain. It is well worth the money for me. I have not had any problems with my iris changing colors. When I first started Latisse, I had a little redness and itching around my eyes but it has since resolved. I won't go without it.