September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by leslielgc

I've been using juicy tubes for years and I still love them. I never use much product, very little, and I usually don't to ever buy them since I quite often get them free in the "gift with purchase" bundles. I can understand some people finding them sticky, but my hair is usually tied back and I love the glossy feel. Plus even with my hair down, I find it barely sticks if my hair does come in contact with it.

The other day I was walking down the street with a friend and a bug ran into my juicy tube covered lips... Needless to say the rather large fellow did get stuck and my friend had to do an emergency lip plucking for me. I'll pretend I was a big girl and didn't make a fuss, but I think we all know that's a fat lie.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipgloss difficult in terms of getting the right amount of gloss over my lips. My purpose of wearing lipgloss is for a slight shine while moisturizing my lips, but this product gives my lips a full glaze instead of the slight coating. I'm not a real fan of the fragrance also. I am very sensitive to smells so I prefer anything without a strong smell. I understand that this product is for some people but it is not for me. I will not repurchase any of the juicy tubes in the future.

[Update]
Although I didn't like this lip gloss at first, because I still had to use it up, I kept on using it. I have to say that it is easier now to put on the right amount. I guess I got used to it. A little goes a long way. It is very moisturizing for my chapped lips and the staying power is great. I know people love the flavor but I actually wish I could use one without it. I am thinking about buying Mac's lip conditioner because I read lots of reviews about the consistency being similar to the juicy tubes minus the fragrance and color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I received this as a gift from a friend a few months ago, so I can't comment on the price. But I'm so-so about this. I hate how sticky it is but I really like the glossy look it gives my lips. Its not overly garish or anything. but the texture is hard to get past. Honestly i wouldn't purchase one of these on my own because I don't think its worth the money. though, I'm not a gloss girl.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by viv5499

This product is okay, but definitely not worth the price. They are extremely sheer, but they do smell really good. They're really sticky, but it's not exactly the kind of sticky where your lips stick together. It just feels like it's stuck on my lips, like no matter which way I move my lips and mash them together, the lipgloss won't budge. It feels like it's plastic on my lips and won't move no matter which way I tug at it. I don't mind that stickiness too much, however, it is a bit weird. It looks pretty nice on the lips, but it basically just looks like any other shiny lipgloss. The packaging is okay, but it's much easier to apply with a finger or a doefoot applicator rather than squeezing it right onto your lips as it's rather hard to spread.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I got two of them as a gift about a month ago: Magic Spell and Spring Fling. The first one is a soft reddish color with tiny golden specks that looks sheer on the lips and the other one is a very pale pink color that's nude once applied. They both have fruity smells, they don't taste like anything, they feel kind of sticky (probably made so to enhance the lasting power over lips), and they are not so moisturizing. They also last on the lips the average of every other brand of lip gloss I have ever tried. They make lips look plumper over lipstick or without it. Well, to sum it all up, NOTHING special. They have just about the same qualities of any other lip glosses I've worn from other brands.
I just wanted to make it clear because I checked the price of these products online and it ranges from $18 to $23 dollars for each tube, which is ridiculously expensive! For that amount of money you can get a couple of more shades of lip glosses in any drugstore, with flavors added lol. (L'oreal is owned by Lancome -or viceversa-, they have great lip products for less).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

I would buy as many colours as I liked if this product wasn't so expensive!!
its very moisturizing, and has a long lasting power
it comes in many beautiful shades and they smell amazing
it look fab in the tube and on the lips
try it out if your willing to pay the price, if not go to bath and body works, they have some nice lips glosses that are more affordable, but chose wisely because some are better then others

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

A lot of marketing hype, but the product is only nah. Main disappointment is: it is the sticky type but it does not last 4-5 hours as sticky formulas should last. I have the "spring fling" which is peachy color in the tube but really colorless on lips. the smell is VERY sweet, like over-sweet fruit pie, not refreshing and makes me feel clumsy in summer. For the $20+ price per tube, not recommended. I own some Maybelline shine sensational glosses which are $5, smell better, last just as long, and much less sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a GWP so I can't comment fairly on the price. The only way I can use this is to squeeze out the TINIEST amount, then apply with a lipbrush, so I don't find it a good choice for on-the-go. Straight from the tube, it would be way too thick and gooey. Even with daily use, this tube would last me two years easy.

I'm neutral on the taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

TOO ICKY STICKY FOR ME! It does stay on for a while, but I hate that when I wear this my hair gets stuck in my lips and I feel like I have it everywhere! I personally think it has a distasteful scent as well. Don't like!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I remember when these Juicy tubes came out. It was quite the hype, and it was definitely the reason behind my first high end lip gloss purchase. I got over Juicy tubes since then. Recently, I have been gifted with several tubes.

I would say that the formula does nothing for my lips, except make them look super glossy. I hate the fact that it is really sticky and barely moisturizing. It is so sticky that my hair sticks to my lips and spend time smacking my lips apart. I do like the smell. And I think that the packaging looks cute for teenagers, just starting to use make up.

I have these in:
Magic Spell- redish-pink with small silver sparkles
Moulin Rose- glossy typical pink

I wear these when I want a tinge of color to my lips in the daytime. Maybe to the beach or lunch, idk. I would not repurchase, as there are better lip glosses out there for the price. Also, I think these are geared for someone younger...teenager.