July 28, 2014 | 1010 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by winter100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC!!!! I get so many compliments when I wear this.... It actually boggles my mind how much better asian mascaras are than North American ones... if you like natural but better mascaras like mabelline full and soft, cover girl Naturelux or Buxom lash than definitely go for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super short, stick-straight, downward-pointing Asian lashes that are incredibly sparse...pretty much, I'm cursed. I'm always on the search for the next best thing, an HG in mascara. I must say, this one is pretty darn close!

PROS:
- Super black color
- Holds curl like nothing I've ever used - the closest thing was Kiss Me Heroine Make
- BEST at lengthening out of everything I've used so farl!
- Very dramatic volume
- Buildable formula
- Super fine fibers make it easy for them to grab onto your lashes
- Unique wand and brush that has a double side - one comb-like side for lengthening, the other for more volume
- NO flaking what-so-ever
- Awesome, expensive-looking packaging
- SUPER waterproof, bulletproof
- You don't need a primer/base! I usually use my HG Shiseido mascara base for everything but this is the only mascara that I didn't have to use it for.
- One mascara gives you lengthening PLUS volumizing effects...no need to layer!
- The closest thing to fake lashes in a tube!

CONS:
- HARD TO REMOVE - but I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a cotton swab and I just put it up to my eyes to let it soak for a few seconds and it comes off pretty well
- Hard to find (online only)
- Expensive
- Lashes can kinda feel hard...but results are totally worth it!
- Wand/brush will take some time to get used to
- You'll definitely need one of those plastic mascara guards or like a piece of paper/card to put behind lashes so you don't get transfer on your eyelids

Will I repurchase? HELL YESSSS!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by hopeless7kami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time reviewing a makeup product, and I HAVE to talk about this first, because this is my HG mascara to date. Yes, it's a little on the expensive side, especially considering how I'm in Canada, but I have to say, it's money well spent. This mascara gives off a naturally dramatic look with little to no clumping. Since it's really waterproof (seriously, I think the only mascara I've tried that can rival it would be the Maybelline falsies), I would usually put a light coat of Rimmel's lash accelerator underneath, but even with that on, I still didn't experience any clumping, which is pretty rare for my lashes. The brush/comb itself is also quite helpful, the smaller end being very adept at coating the lower lashes. I would definitely have to stock up on these if I get the chance to go back to Asia.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My current go-to mascara ( a lot of drugstores stopped stocking fasio). Love how it lengthens my lashes and makes them really really black .Not much volume but it gives a natural look so I like it.
The only complaint is well, if you know MJ, you will know it already, it takes a lot of effort and patience ( sometimes it takes away your real lashes) to remove. Not that I mind looking like a post- eye surgery patient for 5-10 minutes in exchange for a day's worth of stares at and compliments of my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long lashes that with the "normal" mascaras don't hold the curl. I always curl my eyelashes with my shiseido eyelash curler, but only a minute after applying mascara it flattens out... UNTIL I GOT THIS MASCARA! It truly holds the curl all day long! The wand is a bit special, but it doesn't take long to find the right technique, apply with the flat side first and then comb with the "brush side". It looks really really natural when you just apply with the flat side, for a fuller look follow with the brush side.

Only downsides are that it does not give as much volume as I would normally like, but you can build it up and fake a little more fullness with some eyeliner along the upper lash line. The other thing is the fibres. Since I don't need them for lengthening my lashes they only gets in the way when applicating, but it's no biggey, as the wand, you learn how to deal with them!

All over a great mascara that holds the curl ALL DAY! No fall out and easy to remove (I use the L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Waterproof).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

if you consider the results from using this mascara, it is rather nice. It holds curl better than even a lot of the other japanese mascara brands, and it does add length.

HOWEVER, if you count in the applicator and just general how difficult it is, it's definitely not that great.

This mascara is a fiber based formula and it is HIGH in fiber. unfortunately for me, unlike the Fiberwig (which is also fiber based), this has long thin fiber that is somewhat loosely bound in the tube and on the applicator. what results, though, is that when i apply, inevitably, a piece of fiber would either fall into my eyes, or be sticking at a funny angle on my upper waterline/lashline area, and part of it is poking my eyeball. in my 2-3 months of using up my first (and i swear, only tube!) i average on having to pick out fiber from my upper waterline/eyes 4 times out of 5. it's that bad.

The applicator itself is somewhat difficult to use as well, with an unintuitive method of first coating lashes with the coil side, then using the comb side to separate. it doesn't work all that well. coil side applies okay actually, but the comb side doesn't separate that well, and end up depositing chunks of fiber at awkward places (like at the tip of a single lash). and the comb side is the side that's more likely to drop fiber into my eyes.

For something so hyped about, I was definitely disappointed. if you have time to apply your mascara and doesn't mind having to pick out fiber from your eyes, then yes, the result is rather lovely. however, considering how many really REALLY good mascaras that are already out in the Japanese market right now, (like my beloved Kiss Me Heroine Volume & Curl), this is is SO not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by AWu0138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Price: bought mine on ebayon vivi diamond club for about 16 usd. Fast shipping,received mine in about a week.

Quality: its great for lengthening and gives a doll like look. Did not add as much volume as i liked. Its smear proof, waterproof and heard curls all day. The formula is dry and i had no issues with the fibers falling or smearing.

Removal: i was a bit skeptical to try this given the other review about the hard removal. its harder to remove than other wp formula. The most effective and gentle way i found is to hold a cotton pad under your eye, and soak another cotton pad with baby shampoo, water and jojoba oil ( mixed in a bottle and shaken up) and hold it over your eye for 10s. This dissolves the mascara and the gunk drips to the pad under your eye. I repeat for 2 times and this gets rid of all the mascara without any rubbing and staining your skin.

Summary- would definately purchase again. Its pricer than us drugstore brands but worth it for its staying power and definition it gives to my sparse asian lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by southbeach82

this is my HG mascara, I've finished three tubes of this and I will continue to repurchase. My natural eyelashes are asian, straight and very stubborn, I've tried almost every single drugstore mascara that people raved about, and almost every single one I used a handful of times and never touched it again. This mascara holds curls AMAZINGLY, after a 14 hour day, my lashes would still be as curled as it was when I first put on mascara. All my friends tells me that my lashes look amazing for an asian and I just recommend them to this mascara. It doestn't clump and after a 14 hour day of wear, NO SMUDGING. oh and also I use the shiseido eyelash curler. I've tried most of the lancome and dior mascara and to be honest, I would not repurchase any of them. The price ($16-$18) is little bit on the pricier side compared to drugstore but compared to mascara at sephora it's reasonable and definitly worth every penny.

Oh and it is very easy to remove. I used the lancome bi facil, neutrogenia oil free makeup remover, mary kay makeup remover and bioderma and they all can very easily remove this mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Given the praise in and out of MUA, you can't blame me for having high expectations. Yet I felt something was wrong before I even used it. The applicator looked strange. Does it bother anyone that it only has combs on two sides instead of being all around the wand, 360 degrees (see the attached image above)? And the combs are very short. Maybe it prevents clumping by not picking up too much product, but to me this impedes color distribution and coating. The applicator aside, the mascara itself is average. Doesn't clump or flake, smudges lightly, doesn't lengthen as advertised. In the end it takes two to three times the time to achieve 60% of what my HG mascaras (Fresh, Armani Eyes to Kill, 1028 Visual Therapy, which is a drugstore brand from Taiwan) do. And I am equally unimpressed with Majolica Majorca's volumizing mascara, which actually works out to be quite similar to this. Hardly worth the hype. I know this is what Majolica Majorca is known for, but I prefer their blushers and eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Sintrap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: I hadnít an idea as to what to call it, so Iíll just refer to it as the ďbottleĒ. The design on the bottle is like a spider web and on top of the wand there is an embellishment with the logo. When you pull the out the wand, sunction in the barrel insures that everytime you pull it out you will get the perfect amount and the wand will be even mascara. This is great so you donít have to waste mascara or scrape stuff yourself. Smaller than usual, but thats only because there is less than usual.

Wand- Anyways, I was most excited about the wand. I anticipated that it would be sort of soft and rubber, but instead its actually quite firm. The bristles donít actually comb your lashes individually, but it does coat well an evenly, versus a spiral which sometimes doesnít. The straight comb side is good for working towards the lash line and lashes on the end, and the other sides is good for lengthening and multiple coats.

Lengthening: It does and above average job lengethning. In the formula there are little latex fibres, that attatch to your lashes and help make them look longer. The formula itself also helps to lengthen lashes. 5/5

Volumising: Didnít really make my lashes look thicker (They are already pretty dense) The mascara gives a very fine coat on your lashes, and seems to specialise on lengthening. If youíd like to add volume, try adding a coat of a volumising mascara while your first coat of this one is still wet to avoid clumping. 3/5

Staying Power: It lasts all day without giving me eyes like a raccoon. Since the area around my eye tends to be oily itís important that I use waterproof mascara. This mascara, is VERY waterproof. I canít just wash it out with warm water at the end of the day, and if I mess up I have to make sure I clean the area immediately. I really have to clean it with eye make up remover. I donít mind having to do stretnous work to get it out every time I wear it, but if you donít really need waterproof mascara and donít like extra work, you may not like this mascara. 5/5

Value: On Yesstyle, it sells for 23$USD, which is a lot considering how its almost half the amount of product than usual (There is 6g of products in the container which is about an inch smaller than the average mascara that has around 10-11g). I was able to buy it on eBay for 13$USD plus 3$ expedited shipping. The price I got was very reasonable, considering the quality of the product itself, import fees, as well as shipping, I might have passed it if I had to pay 23$ though. 3/5

Overall: Itís not my dream mascara, but it comes very close! It works fairly well for me and my needs, but may not be suitable for everyone. Itís expensive price when bought outside of Japan can be a little too much, and it comes in a small amount so I have to use sparingly and Iím not quite sure if itíll last me long. 4/5