October 20, 2014 | 2061 users online

Cleansers - Lacura - Hydrating Facial Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ncase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great cleanser! Very comparable to cetaphil. Very gentle and cheap. I use another product to remove my makeup and follow up with this to thoroughly clean my face. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Lacura skincare products - they are an excellent bargain price and (for me, anyway) seem to work as well as higher end brands. This cleanser is no exception. The packaging is attractive and doesn't look cheap - an opaque white plastic bottle with green label and pale green cap. It is a hydrating lotion cleanser that doesn't foam. It is gentle & lightly moisturizing. It cleanses well without any irritation, and rinses clean. My skin feels clean and soft, not at all stripped or dry, but also not oily or coated. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and love it. The Mia really amplifies whatever cleanser you are using, so this works great for my normal-dry skin. I tried Philosophy's Purity, recommended to me by a Sephora SA, but found it WAY too drying & stripping with the Clarisonic. I highly recommend this cleanser for use with the Clarisonic. Light perfumey fragrance, but not too overwhelming. The bottle is a nice size, almost 10 ounces, and is less than $3. The cleanser is made in Germany. I will definitely continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by matahara07

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in the shower in the morning and it does a great job cleaning and moisturizing my face. I only wish I still lived in Chicago --- there is no Aldi anywhere near me now, unfortunately. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Astonishingly good for the price. I would have taken a lippy off for the cheap perfume scent but for under $3 for almost 9 oz. I'm not gonna complain. After all you rinse it off and the scent goes with it. It cleans my face thoroughly and gently. I don't use it to remove eye makeup, haven't yet found a cleanser that will take off primer and/or waterproof mascara really well. That's what eye makeup remover is for. But it cleanses the rest of my face well, feels nice, is not drying and you don't have to use a lot to get results. It's non foaming which I prefer. This product is sold at Aldie Markets (it's their store brand and includes skin care and cosmetic products). Aldie is a German chain and the stores are springing up all over the mid atlantic area. Not sure where else. I'm going to try other of the Lacura products also. Hope the smell is less on the moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is wonderful! i have combo skin, but it's not tooo emollient for me. i use it at night to take off my makeup (and use more of a gel cleanser in the AM in my shower). it makes my skin SO soft, no breakouts, and really gets the makeup off. i only need makeup remover if i wear waterproof mascara or gel eyeliner.

the only downside is the smell. it's fairly strong and perfume-y. i sooo wish it was just unscented, but for the price, i won't complain too much, since it's not that bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a nice cream cleanser. It takes a little bit to get used too. You rub it all over your dry face like a lotion and work it all over really good in circular motions and then rinse. To remove eye make up I just squirt a dab on a cotton pad and wipe off eye make up with ease and then rinse and you are done. Like most LaCura product it has a slight smell that doesn't bother me. After two weeks of use I have noticed my pores look smaller and my black heads are diminishing away slowly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by pasta

The fragrance is overpowering (I tried six Lacura products and this product has the worst scent, IMO) and it doesn't remove makeup. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kycowart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been dying to try products from the Lacura skincare line since it really is dirt cheap (this cleanser was $2.99 for 8 oz) and it's gotten pretty good reviews. Anywho- I used this the other night and while it has a nice, creamy texture, I don't think it removed my makeup as well as I would have liked. I usually use Neutrogena AWAB cleanser and I never see any makeup (foundation, blush, mucho mascara) on the towel that I used to dry my face, but Lacura some behind. Plus- I had to tone with 3 cotton pads (I use two with Neutro) before I finally "came clean". This stuff is so cheap, I wouldn't mind doing two washes or just using more product. I'm thinking maybe it's better to use in the morning and continue with Neutro AWAB at night. I'd be interested to hear how it works for others.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by rosie69

The label says this is good for all skin types. NOT true! I have combination/oily skin, and this cleanser is way too greasy for me. Also, the label claims it thoroughly removes makeup, but it did a very poor job. I had to use another product to remove the makeup and cleanser residue. Also, the fragrance is "perfumy." It didn't bother me too much, but I can see how it would be overpowering for some people. This was the first Lacura product I've tried, and I seriously doubt I'll try another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by RaspberryBeetle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is comparable to the gentle face cleanser that my dermatologist sells in his office for $25 per bottle. It has a lotion consistency and works well to dissolve makeup. It leaves my skin very soft. Follow with the Lacura toner and skin cream. Both the Day Cream and Night Cream are fantastic. You won't be disappointed!