July 24, 2014 | 2245 users online

Sunscreen - Bare Escentuals - SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second tube of this! I find it is a great light powder to use on my bare skin when I dont feel like I need to use my usual spf50 SS. I am C4 and I use the colour "light" which blends in fine, and even my boyfriend said I had a "healthy glow" when he saw me with it on the other day! I am not sure it would be strong enough to use in direct sun, so I only use it on days when I am not outside much. However I plan to layer it over my Chanel SS in the summer as its much easier to top up a powder when you are outside a lot than to re-apply a cream! I dont find this irritating on my skin at all. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kavi484

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very nice product. My skin is oily and acne-prone, and since I use Differin, I need to be conscientious about sun protection. This powder provides good protection for my tan skintone and doesn't leave a powdery or makeup-y look. As other reviewers have said, as long as you make sure to twist the brush fully until it clicks, application is not a problem. I agree that the price is steep for so little product, but the clear plastic bottom unscrews easily, so I could imagine refilling it with a different powder once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This is such a wonderful product. I have oily skin and find it so difficult to wear a reasonable level of SPF in the summer and on holiday as all the creams are greasy and make my face an oil slick. But this is brilliant! I have the medium shade (2) and its perfect on my NC40-42 skin. You just swirl and buff the brush all over your face/body and the powder sunscreen just coats your skin! I think it also gives a nice glow and i only use it on my face. This is definitely a wonder product for us combination/oily skinned women who want to wear a good SPF but not look greasy. LOVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Provides coverage and sun protection all in one. I live in Florida and have oily skin so I needed something that will not melt off but do the job. I wore this on a day I was out in the sun. It did not melt off at all and I did not get burned. Perfect. The container was a bit tricky to use at first but I soon got it. The brush is a little small but still a great product to have. Another great product from the BE line. The coverage on the product is not has good as the foundation but if you want more coverage you can just put this over your foundation for added sun protection. But even by itself the coverage is pretty good for a sunscreen. I love it..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by heylinda1

I find the idea of a powder sunscreen and the packaging genious.. I am happy that I purchased it and got to try it.But wont buy it again. The downside is that it makes my skin feel really sore and irritated..i'm pretty sure there are some of the same ingredients to it as in their fundation (wich my skin also has started to get reactions on), but this sunscreen is x5 worse than that to my skin. Its also a little hard to see if you get any on, since its not noticable on the skin (i was afraid it would get a powery/dry look but it looks nice) i just wish my skin would tolerate it.. / make sure you put on ALOT more than you would with a normal powder when going out in the sun for a while, I got red after an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by _AlleyCat_

I absolutely love this product. I have always hated how traditional sunscreens felt on my skin, plus they always seemed to break me out. When Leslie brought this product on the scene, I was amazed. It is so easy. I just put it in my purse or leave it in the car. There is no excuse now for me not to wear sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love the idea, being ultra oily i am never thrilled to apply a thick creamy layer of sun protection, so the idea of SPF in a powder sounded perfect. the delivery system as other have mentioned, leaves much to be desired, i never know if it is going on or not, which is not a plus. I never trusted it enough to wear alone, which is not a bonus. i wear it over a TM with SPF protection, and use it more as a finishing powder, but that is not ideal, i wont purchase it again. I like the portability of it, however i never quite know if it is on well or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I'm one of the unlucky people who has delivery problems with this product. The powder itself is not bad (this is more a guess than anything else, because it is so hard to get out of the container). But I have to pound the container beyond recognition to get the stuff out. It only comes out in little (and I mean LITTLE) puffs, insufficient for the whole face. What a waste of energy. I prefer the one by Peter Thomas Roth. At least I don't have to "sweat it" (literally) to get the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I waited until I'd used this a while before writing this review. The bottom line is that I love it. The delivery system does take some experimenting to get it right, but after you figure it out, it's like a "duh" moment.

I've been using prescription strength lightener for brown spots on my left hand, and every time I head out the door, I grab this sunscreen and brush it over the backs of my hands. It's so convenient.

Last week was the real test for me, tho. I have very fair skin and I burn easily. Before taking a walk that lasted over an hour, I brushed this over my shoulders, arms and face. When I undressed for bed that night, I could see that I hadn't burned anywhere. Awesome!! This is soo much better than regular sunscreen. It's fast and easy, with no greasy hands to wash after applying.

I'll definitely repurchase this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beware! If you are sensitive to Titanium Dioxide, this product will make you itch and turn red as it did me.

Also, the delivery design needs work. There is no way of knowing how much, if any, of the product is delivered in the brush.

I love BE products and this one is a big disappointment!