MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

LOVE this MSF! It's the perfect cheekbone highlight for me. I don't know what it is about the texture of this MSF, but it's definitely one of my favorites. It will last a long time, too! Well worth the money. I would definitely buy again when I run out and one is available. =)

on 1/6/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I will admit that I have been very confused about the hype over MSF's in the past. I am very fair (NW10-15) so I would have a difficult time using an MSF as a highlight. Soft and Gentle I can use that way but if an MSF has ANY color in it at all - It's a blush.

I bought Perfect Topping today at my CCO. I wasn't sure about it but I knew there was lots of raves about it so I gave it a try. For me, it is a lovely glowy natural looking blush. Very pretty. Now I understand. Even though I can be oily, I didn't have a problem with this. The shimmer isn't over the top at all. Very subtle. It just catches the light.

I still might not be able to use it as a highlight but I don't mind. :)

I LOVE this product. I usually stay away from highlighters because of my oily skin, but this is just beautiful on my skin (N4). It has a pretty mix of beige, brown, pink and lilac to create a nude-ish glow on top of my cheekbones. I even use this as an e/s when I'm running late for school to brighten up my eyes. I wish this wasn't LE, because it's so beautiful I would buy again and again.

on 12/27/2009 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really love using this as a highlight. It looks amazing! The only bad thing is that it's very soft. I dropped it and now it is in a pot and there is only less than a quarter left.

on 12/15/2009 6:03:00 PM

So, so, so happy to see this at my CCO. I've been wanting it for so long and it didn't dissappoint. Prettiest highlighter ever for pink blushes. Use it with my NARS deep throat, turkish red, Benefit coralista, and even dandelion. Very versatile, not over the top shimmer, but just enough for that fairy look.

on 12/9/2009 10:55:00 AM

This is my first MSF and I bought it at a CCO after debating for a few days whether or not to buy. I don't normally use foundation, blush or powder so I couldn't really reconcile buying a highlight powder -- but I knew this was a unique product. It's great for paler, cool-toned skins, just gives me a nice glowy edge. I'm so glad I bought this. This morning, I woke up and put it on just as an experiment (haven't showered yet). WOW, it does wonders. This is a HG.

on 12/2/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

absolutely love this product! found it at a cco and had to give a try, i didn't think it was going to be anything special but shows up beautifully and naturally on my nw15 skin! would cryy if i ran out :( which will probably be hard to do but still!

on 11/29/2009 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this from time to time, but would much prefer to use NARS' Albatross instead.

[ PROS ] - gives a very subtle golden glow; hard to overdo; is very natural-looking; a great price for so much product

[ CONS ] - requires a lot of product to be really noticeable; the shimmer/glitter spreads a little bit; my hand ends up with lots of glitter if I touch the highlighted areas (even with just a little amount used)

I think this is a very decent highlighter that would take forever to use up. With that said, I would not repurchase, just because I find the effects of Albatross to be much more evident and appealing for my skin tone (NC 20-25).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this msf. Itīs my first mineral skinfinish from MAC. I thought that I donīt need them, all the mineral product from MAC looked so shimmery and lustre and I didnīt like it. But then I get perfect topping as a gift from my friend and I really donīt know how could i live without! I use it on all face like a last coat and it looks so healthy and fresh! Itīs a discovery of the year for me :-)

on 11/15/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this. It's not as shimmery as other MSF's. It's the perfect highlighter and can be used in so many ways.

I bought mine at my local CCO, and am going back to get backup since it's LE.

This is my favorite MSF at the moment. It looks great on my skin. Gives me a nice healthy glow for everyday wear. It is beautifully build-able for a more dramatic sheen for a great night-time look.