MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Refined [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

on 9/21/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the best MSFs, hands down. IMHO, Sugarsweet collection had one of the best MSF releases. The BBR were nice but I found them to be a bit powdery/crumbly and a little too soft. Perfect Topping (MY HG highlighter) and this is lovely together. In addition, they deliver a nice sheen instead of a metallic glow that of those older generations of MSFs.

I specially saved my first review for MAC Refined MSF despite having collected my favourite 50 blush/bronzers/highlighters just this year alone. This is from the Sugarsweet collection and I really love this because it is a beautiful orange-peach on my cheeks. It's not very pigmented though the texture is absolutely wondeful. And I took a lippie off as I have to use quite abit for it to show up.

I don't worry about it ever running out because I rotate my blushes & bronzers..

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

This if my first MSF I bought! I was sad because I joined the MSF love bandwagon really late but as I have come to realize...this is the only MSF I need. I have 12 MSFs now and I reach for this EVERYDAY! I am a huge blush/high light buff so to please me is a big deal. I am NW 35 and this color looks beautiful on my skin. I use it on all my best friends who are NC/NW 15-20 and it looks fantastic. This is an all around beautiful color that will give you that true J LO glow...try it !!!!!

on 6/29/2009 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love love love this! My coworkers would ask what I used to give me such glow :) This is my first MSF and it goes well with my NC40 skin tone. I use this almost everyday :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love with this!!! can you believe this is my first MSF!? i've never been really into them untill i read reviews for Refined. I lov how this color is not overtly glittery, it's just glowy and wonderful! the peachy tones complement my C3 just great! i use this with my 165 brush and it works wonderfully! i've been wearing it everyday since i got it!

on 6/26/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is probably my favourite MSF (I have Perfect Topping, Soft&Gentle and this one). It has no glitter in it, I would be disappointed if I got an MSF with loads of glitter in it cause it should be a highlighter silky and finely milled. This one has beautiful peach/gold veining in it. I really like it for summer and reach for this one the most. MSF's are quite pricey for MAC, but they are so lovely, why look for dupes? Get the real thing, you won't be disappointed.

on 6/21/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So this is my first MSF so I can't compare it to others, but I do really like it. It doesn't have any chunky glitters and is subtle enough to use all over my face for a healthy glow.

update - I use it as eyeshadow too - the lighter pink color on my lids and the darker in my crease over a pink base and... wow!

on 6/21/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a great mineralize skinfinish. While some people complain that it doesn't even compare to some of the more original MSFs, I like this one because of how finely milled it is. So soft and velvety! Unlike the originals, it has just a tad bit of shimmer which makes your face glowy rather than sparkly. As I would recommend with ALL MSFs, go to the store or a counter to buy it. Every MSF is different. Some have more of a lighter color and more have more of the darker color. You have to choose which one would be PERFECT for your skin tone :)

on 6/15/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I picked one with alot more of the light cream color and less of the dark. so on me (NC15) it works like a great highlighter. not too much shimmer.

on 6/6/2009 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this a lot, the M/A used some of this on me the last time I was at the store. I didnt buy it then but ended up ordering it online later because I just had to have it. Its gorgeous and it just add such a nice pretty glow. Ive used this pretty much everyday since I got it. I love the fact that theres no glitter! Great product would def repurchase!