December 22, 2014 | 1363 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I have v dry skin, and use 'anti-aging' products for mature skin without problem. I use skincare from both Lizzy Arden and Estee Lauder so I thought that this wouldn't hurt. Well. This thing clogged my pores somethin' FIERCE. The consistency is nice, etc. But irritation n bumpy skin isn't something to aspire towards. Not to say ALL but many of the 'most helpful' rated reviews on this product are fake. If you click to see the other reviews by most of these, you will find only a few, and with 'typical' comments on the item just so they cd fit their little Lancome shilling in.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I'm confused by the negative reviews here. This stuff practically abolished my eczema. I've used other serums before (Ole Henriksen Truth, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair) and they barely made any difference to the eczema on my chin and forehead (although they are nice as well, especially ELNR). I like that it comes with a little eye dropper to keep it sanitary as well. I follow up with Avene Emollient Balm on my dry bits and my skin has never looked nor felt better. I had serious issues with my skin flaking under foundation as the day went on, but after I started using this product the flakes disappeared probably by 90%.

I guess it only works well with certain skin types. I got this in a free gift bag from Lancome, but I will probably purchase it when my little sample size runs out (which might be a while - those teeny sizes last a deceptively long time!).

edit: I just realized this got reformulated a couple months ago which would explain the negative reviews. The new stuff is amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by nancycho2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using genifique since it first came out and I don't know why I keep buying this stuff! I mean it's not really doing anything for my skin, but I guess I feel the need to buy it when it comes on a special from home shopping. Yes I am a sucker lol... I have read reviews that it gives you a lit from within glow but I never got that from this. I think maracuja oil is better at giving you the glow. The genifique however helps with moisture so maybe that's why I keep using it. It does help to keep your skin comfortable.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

This "serum" contains alcohol and is number 4 on the list of ingredients. Alcohol has no place in skincare products! Alcohol should never been applied to the skin. It breaks down the skin's barrier—destroying the very substances that keep your skin healthy over the long term. Majority of acne suffers have an impaired skin barrier (acid mantle). The reason alcohol is added to this foundation is because it evaporates quickly (causing the matte finish). It seems reasonable to think that the damage will not be so severe, considering the alcohol evaporates so quickly. Wrong. Unfortunately, research reveals that this logic is only wishful thinking. Alcohol immediately harms the skin and starts a chain reaction of damage that continues long after it has evaporated.

Why do "high end" skincare companies keep adding unnecessary irritating ingredients like alcohol to their products? Alcohol actually causes ageing.. haha so why would it be in an "anti-aging" product? Perhaps they want your skin to decline and dry out. Perhaps they don't have your best interests in mind. They want to slowly damage your skin causing an array of problems, so you keep buying their products. I won't be fooled and neither should you. CHECK the ingredients. Do your research. You only have one skin, look after it.

Sunscreen (must be broad spectrum and SPF15+) is the best anti aging product on the market! Start using it when you're young. Prevention is easier than treating.

I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is crazily over-priced and it does nothing. Seriously, nothing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum didn't cause an immediate reaction like most Lancôme products do for me which was a good thing. But I found after a few days of using that it dried my skin out despite using it under my moisturizer. My forehead is pretty dry and flaky where it wasn't before. I suppose it was the alcohol in it but who knows.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sabregoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan. I've tried tons of serums, and this is nothing special. In fact, it is more runny than the typical serum, and "pills up" when layered under the wrong moisturizer. I had to literally brush the rolled up pieces of it off my face before I could put one makeup. It is not very moisturizing, either. I much prefer Advaced Night Repair for a similar product with better results and better quality product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this serum (that I sneaked from my mom's dresser :p) for a few months but it dried up my skin too much. Im in my early 20s and already developed some wrinkles and fine lines and thought this could help. It made my mom's skin dry too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

For the first 3 weeks I thought this serum was doing nothing for my skin. I was bummed that I spent so much money on it and was planning on returning it. But I was busy and couldn't get to Macys the following week, so I held onto it and continued to use it (couldn't hurt, right?). Well, come about the end of the week (week 4, so roughly 28-30 days), I noticed one morning that my face looked really luminous and even. My skin looked really, really good. Huh. I guess it took that long for the results to become apparent in my skin. And I've got to say, I am impressed. I really like what I see results-wise. And I know it is attributed to the Genifique because that is the only change in my skincare. So in the end, I'm glad I didn't return this right away. I apply the Genifique on clean skin as my very first step, twice a day (morning and night). Then I follow with whatever other serums or moisturizers I plan on using. I love this serum now, and the gorgeous clear glow it's given my skin. I plan on using it for as long as it keeps providing such great results. I also recommend that everyone give it AT LEAST 30 days to see results. :)

I've been using Genifique for over 3 months, and I absolutely wouldn't be without it. In fact, when I repurchase I plan on buying the extra large 2.5 ounce bottle. It's about $30.00 more than the 1.7 ounce bottle, but also about 50% more serum, so it's a better deal. Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did nothing for my skin. Waste of money. Overhyped, as many Lancome products.