December 19, 2014 | 1515 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Multi-care base and top

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Hyoriyin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I hate this product! Only bought it due to the nice frosted packaging. I had my nails done at the salon earlier, nice, smooth and glossy in OPI's Mermaid's Tears and OPI top coat. I wanted the manicure to last so I decided to get a top coat polish.
Bad move. First of all, it took forever to dry. Secondly, it kind of melted my manicure polish. I had it on for 6 minutes and had to scratch an itch, and my manicure totally spoilt! Therefore as an emergency move i had to put another two coats to make the spoilt manicure look decent.

It's been been almost two hours and frankly speaking I'm not quite sure if it has entirely dried yet :@
And it makes my polish look MATTE. NOT GLOSSY AT ALL.

Had to get a sticker off something and I could see the coat chip already.

Fail product. (Except for the packaging)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product is getting so many negative comments! I was in need of a cheap top coat and I was planning on using it as a base coat too, but when I saw this, I decided to try it out. It left my nails sleek and shiny, and most surprising of all, it dried super, super fast! Maybe some people got a defective bottle, because I am loving this Revlon one! It has lasted a long time and has not gotten goopy on me yet. I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by OpenPlains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff takes hours to dry. I applied it midafternoon and it was still tacky at midnight, when I went to bed. Of course when I woke my nails were spoiled by impressions of my bed linens and fingerprints. I live in a blazingly hot desert, so there was no humidity to interfere or anything like that. There was no difference in the amount of time it takes for the paint to flake off, either. This product is a failure.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this cos I liked the frosted glass effect of the bottle and it was cheap.

The brush is terrible, it's too thin, has air bubbles and doesn't really pick up the polish very well after half a bottle.

As for the formula, it does the job but that's it, nothing more than an extra layer. It doesn't really add much shine or level the polish below it, but then again it doesn't boast that it does. It is very difficult using this in thinner layers.

When used as a top coat, I find that it produces alot of bubbles on otherwise very smooth polish. Maybe it's because I had to use more polish so that the top coat will be smooth, but it doesn't work for me.

I'll probably finish using this bottle and buy more Seche.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have too much experience with polishes, but so far this one does the job. I'm not too picky as long as it doesn't chip noticeably within the first few days. But buying this as just a clear polish, not using it as a top or base coat, I suppose I can only see what it does on its own. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly fine. The drying time is a bit of a pain, but the shine is great with just one coat. All I wanted was a basic clear polish with maybe a little bit more staying power than usual.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a waste of money. As a base-coat this sucks; it leaves your polish looking horribly streaky. I actually had to take my polish off completely because the streaks were so bad and they ruined my manicure. As a top coat it sucks too because it takes forever to dry. I understand that nail polish is sensitive but almost 20 hours seems a bit excessive. The bottle is a basic nail polish bottle, but the brush is flimsy and very thin. I will most definitely not be repurchasing this product and I strongly suggest that you don't waste your money and time as I did.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by drugstorediva22

i wish i had read the reviews of this on MUA... this stuff is terrible.unlike others, i personally think its fine as a base coat; however, as a top coat... ugh. it takes forever to dry and when i wake up after doing my nails, i will have spots where the fabric pattern from my sheets has transfered to my nails... it takes a few days for them to become undentable, and a day or two after that, they begin to chip. if it werent for my tight budget, i would be throwing this in the garbage asap. as soon as i get even close to finishing this, i will be getting something of higher quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by slushlily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've not used it as a top coat, but as a base coat, I'm not a fan-- it might be protected stained nails, but it made the polish much 'stickier' feeling and harder to apply compared to how the polish normally is without any base coat. I also don't like the brush: it's very thin and either picks up too much polish (making it drip everywhere) or, more often, too little polish (making it impossible to get a nice even finish). I won't be buying this again, and as it stands, I probably won't be finishing this first bottle. On the plus side, it isn't too expensive (though clearly I should have just spent the extra money to buy something worthwhile), and when I accidentally knocked the bottle over the other night, the bottle design is such that not too much polish escaped.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by briii

i use this for a top coat. its okay, not great but not horrible. i like how it makes my nail polish really shinny. but it does not do a very good job as a top coat. my polish chips easily, and comes off faster than it should. its an okay product, there are a lot more better ones out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Tamara12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a while... only because I didn't have anything else around when I started polishing regularly again.

Doesn't dry hard... you can definitely poke dents in your nails days (and days) later.. and it actually dulls the finish of some of my favorite OPI polishes... and it dries slowly. It doesn't do any favors as a top coat.

As a base though, I think it is fine. I haven't used anything else as a base, but my nails seem to be happy. I do not have deep ridges or other major problems to cope with, so that could definitely be part of my satisfaction with this use of the product.