September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do not like this product. It smells funny and it burnedddd my skin upon usage. It made my skin worse and I think for the price charged, there are many more better facial cleansers out there.

I found myself breaking out and not effective :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a couple of these already and I found that it is one of the only scrubs that really exfoliates my skin. I've tried the Green Tea cleanser from Body shop and it didn't have enough beads compared to this one so I do prefer this one more.After using it, I feel that it leaves me very clean and it does do a really good job of scrubbing off dead skin, leaving my skin really soft. It does have a little bit of a drying effect, but since my skin is very oily, it's not too big of a deal. I also use it after I shower at night, so I put on Cetaphil or other deep moisturizing lotions on after to make sure that my skin doesn't get too dried out by this.I think in general, this product does a good job of clearing my acne and scrubbing away the dead skin, something that is really necessary for my oily acne prone skin. This, in conjunction with my acne medicine works wonders. However, the only thing I do not like is that there is paraben in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by soopahkimmie

I've tried this product many times and each time I feel like a 3 dollar drug store product would probably have better results. This face wash doesn't do anything for me. Currently, I'm living abroad so seeing the first familiar store, the body shop, I went ahead and decided to give this seaweed cleanser another try. A waste of my money and the product comes with a hefty price tag over seas.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I switch up my skincare routine all the time but I always find myself coming back to this. I love the fragrance, I love the clean fresh feeling it gives my skin, I love how it controls my combination skin, I love that it contains some natural ingredients and I love the price. I really can't fault it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by fihe

my favorite product in the seaweed starter kit. feels wonderfully refreshing on the skin, as if it's cleaning all of the junk out of my pores. however, I feel like when used with the other products in this line (especially the night treatment), my skin is not nearly hydrated enough. I think drying out my skin will eventually cause it to produce more oil and make it worse -_- what a shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mi6

I have combination oily skin and every time I use this face wash i find myself breaking out, i think its too harsh on my skin and did not work well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by dtseluj

Bought this at a buy 2 get 1 free, so no complaints about price. The problem is how it has to be used.

I apply BB cream every day, and this cleanser in no way removes it, much less the grease and grime accumulated throughout the day. If I don't rinse it off, it leaves a sticky film upon swiping with a cotton ball or pad. It feels better with a rinse immediately thereafter.

Granted it does not leave your skin dry, but with Benzyl Alcohol being the 5th ingredient, it surely does strip away your natural moisture barrier.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

the good - doesn't break me out, isn't too drying, isn't too oily, generally comfortable to use, smells good.
the bad - doesn't really remove your make up well.

still, quite dependable and i'll repurchase if i can't find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just did a review on a toner that goes with this and anyway I love them both! They both seem to improve my skin and doesnt make my skin feel sensitive or sore which usually makes it break out. Takes makeup off well, you will need 2-3 goes with a cotton pad but I haven't found a cleanser yet where you can just use 1 pad to get it all off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by veggie4life79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell of this right off the bat. The scent is so fresh and delightful. The sales associate recommended this for me because I have combo skin and needed to control my acne. The first week or so it did wonders for my skin. It reduced my acne and made my skin so soft. But after that week.... breakout city. I don't know what happened but suddenly my face was one big zit.
I would definitely never repurchase this again. The only up side? The smell is fantastic! They should make this smell into a body butter.