November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Other - Bath and Body Works - whole store

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I tend to go to Bath & Body Works once every few months. They do have some good smelling candles, lotions, & lipglosses, but sometimes I think they could be much better. I feel the salespeople are nice, but a bit pushy and items are over-rated & over-priced.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

B&BW is the Victoria's Secret of bath and body products--overhyped, shoddy products that are overpriced, then constantly on sale to try to make you think you're getting a deal. I find their products uniformly underperform and smell awful in the bottles (like Avon, all their scents seem to have a common, cheap base that gives them an odd and unpleasant smell, which is worsened to varying degrees by whatever additional scent they add) and worse on me for as long as they last, which isn't long at all. If you want a deal on bath and body products, try some of the small etailers--you'll get great quality products that smell wonderful at a reasonable (certainly comparable to B&BW) price, and benefit a small business rather than a large corporation that is just looking to rip you off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why a lot of people don't like BBW, but I guess everyone has their own opinions! I love how often they have sales, you can almost always get a good deal! Plus you always get a coupon with purchase, and I get them in the mail and email. I love how it's not expensive, but the scents don't smell cheap. I love perfume, but I don't always have the money to buy really expensive brands, but I don't want to get the cheap crap that you get from the drugstore. Ugh. BBW is perfect because it fairly priced and there's so many yummy scents to choose from. I just love shopping there! I hope that they are always going to be around! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find their naggy/perky salespeople irritating, their products underwhelming (and thus overpriced), and I'm unimpressed with their constant sales- all a ploy to get you leaving with like 5 bottles of lotion/bubble bath when you need one. That said, they have had a few scents over the years that are pretty nice: cucumber melon, warm vanilla sugar, sweet pea. I like these smells, but I still do not use their products, as they are just generally not too great. I'd rather buy drugstore lotions, or just splurge on nicer, more expensive lotions, and feel better about the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My daughter loves their Warm Vanilla Sugar (YUK!) so I went in the other day to buy for her birthday. Everything in that store is way over priced, and I hate how everything looks the same, same packaging, labels, whatever... Overhyped and overpriced. I will not go back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I know this sounds cheap but I'm poor. I can't afford expensive perfumes and most, in the range I can afford, smell awful. So I buy their body sprays when they're on sale. If B&BW isn't having a sale or I don't have a coupon, I don't buy from them.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried to stay away from B&BW for awhile, I really did. But they know just how to suck you back into buying their products! Props to their marketing dept. for that. I have been shopping there for at least 15 years, and will likely continue to for a long time. I've sampled pretty widely from their line, but love the lotions, which I use as fragrances. Like most of the reviewers I have found the fragrances to be hit or miss, but the ones I love I really, really love. And I am very picky about scents. Some favorites: Coconut Lime Verbena, Rice Flower and Shea, Festive Vanilla Fig (dc'd), Green Tea and Cucumber, Pink Grapefruit, I also love their whole Aromatherapy line. I'm sure the future I'l be adding more to the list. On the downside, some of their fruity scents are very artificial smelling (Country Apple and Sun Ripened Raspberry come to mind) while others are too musky (Winter Candy Apple, Moonlight Path). They are masters of upselling at this place as well, so it's very hard to stay on budget once you walk in the door ("why buy one bottle of lotion, when you can buy two and get a third free?"). Ah, well. I love this place. Their stuff makes great gifts, and besides, it makes me happy to smell good :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

Horrible!
I don't understand why people love their product!
B&BW contains cancer and disease causing ingredients! On top of all that, my sis and I get awful rashes and allergies with their skincare lines.

Pro: Smells wonderful but synthetic scents are not the way to go!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I used to ***LOOOOOOOOVE*** B&BW!
I used to wander in and buy tons of lotions, body washes, & sprays whether they were on sale or not.
I could always find something that I already had and wanted more of, or something that I never bought and decided to try.
Just about everything smelled wonderful.

Fast forward to about 2007/2008 when they changed the packaging and formulas - I can no longer shop there. :-(
Pros & Cons of the changes:

Pros:
*The newer packaging is MUCH more attractive! Now instead of just being something you'd see on a teenager's dresser, it's something I would be happy to display on my own. Very pretty.
*They have come out with more interesting fragrances. Not just fruit and the occasional flower, now there are lovely floral, fruity floral, gourmand, and even woody(!) blends that give high end fragrances a run for their money. Want a cheaper alternative to Coco Mdms.? Try Black Amethyst. Like Fracas but it's just "too much" for a week day? Try Velvet Tuberose for a more wearable powerhouse white floral.

Cons:
*While the new fragrances are lovely and the old ones still draw a crowd, they're TOO STRONG!!!!! I used to be able to apply my faves(Country Apple & Peach Nectar) using the whole she-bang(wash, lotion, & spray) and smell lovely(but not intrusive or overwhelming) all day. Now, I can't even try a DAB of the new formulations without giving everyone around me(myself included) a headache. :-( I have skin that eats up Opium & Angel, but B&BW has made something that is so strong it's repulsive. Whenever I'm on the bus or train, there never fails to be *one* person wearing Cherry Blossom, Coconut Lime Verbena, or some other B&BW creation that smells up the entire area and has others looking around sniffing and gasping for air. The only person NOT doing this is the offending wearer - making it obvious who it is and all the glares end up focused in their direction. lol Even my teenage daughter, who loves B&BW, no longer wears it and gets annoyed when her friends stink up the classroom and give everyone a headache.

*This new formulation also seems to be less moisturizing and is so highly perfumed that it makes my skin itch. My daughter also loves B&BW, but gets rashes from the newer formulas(in the newer packaging).

I'm really sad about the turn B&BW has taken in their formulation as it ruins the other progress they've made in packaging and exploring new scents.

At this point I will not be repurchasing anything from B&BW except for perhaps their 'discontinued' lines that they bring back at the semi-annuals. But really, I'm tired of the older formulas and just wish they would fix the new fragrances. I'd love to wear some of them if they weren't so LOUD and irritating. >:-(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason, I have to be in the mood to go into this store. There seems to be a lot going on vs. the body shop where i am generally interested in the products. Don't get me wrong, I take full advantage of their sales, but would generally avoid it during general shopping.