Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Isobutane, Butylene Glycol, Propane, Polysorbate 20, Laureth 3, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth 25, Polyquaternium 4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Erythrulose, Dihydroxyacetone

on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite sunless tanners. I have tried a few in the past, almost exclusively drugstore brands, and this one seems to work the best. It is the most fool proof and natural. It doesn't impart a hugely dark tan, but if you are pale and sort of self-tanner challenged this is a good product to try out. I wear salon gloves when I apply this and a back-wand applicator type device for my back. I apply this to my face with no problems (I have acne prone skin). The foam dries relatively quickly...not instantly, but faster than lotions. It has that stinky self-tanner smell, but I think the company might have reformulated the products so they don't stink...we will see about that.

One can will last forever. Make sure you apply this carefully over your feet, heels and hands. I try to put lotion over those places, but sometimes forget. I don't seem to have terrible issues with staining of my knees or elbows, but if you do apply a lotion before putting this on. Or buy an aerosol self tanner like Banana Boats and use that for the tops of your feet and hands. I shower in the morning so I like to apply my self tanner at night and then let it develop as I sleep. This will stain your bedding so be warned. There is no color guide per say, but as it develops and you get a good tan, as your skin sloughs off it will deposit on your bedding.

As with all self tanners I have used this looks great for like the first week and is really even, but once you start to shed skin cells this will look patchy. I need to be better about exfoliating, but I think there will always be some unevenness involved with self-tanning.

I currently use this product on my body and Sun Lab's Very Dark for my legs and arms. I have been experimenting with a few different sunless tanners. My suggestion is to try a few out and use whichever product works for your body, skin color and particular body part. I think all the different formulas (lotions, gets, sprays, foams, etc.) have a good use for a specific area of your body. I like lotions and gels for my legs and arms....and foams for my back and front torso, chest and face. I like the spray cans for my feet and hands. Sometimes I will use the foam for my hands and wrist. I like to switch it up.

I have also found that wiping my eyebrows with witch hazel prevents them from becoming discolored. I don't want to put lotion on my eyebrows. I will sometimes throw a few drops of witch hazel on the palms of my hands and use it is to wipe off any tanner that might have gotten on there by mistake. This has been pretty successful just be careful you don't splash yourself and apply the witch hazel to your eyebrows with a q-tip and avoid your skin as it will wipe off the product.

Wear light clothes with the knowledge you will probably have transfer on the armpits and anywhere your body rubs. It is just a small price to pay. And depending when you apply self tanner your clothes might pick up the scent. I apply at night and shower in the morning and find this really cuts down on the self-tanner smell.

I wish you the best of luck!!! :) Oh and fellow pale gals/gents please just skip the fair to medium version of this tanner and kindly buy yourself the medium version. You do not need to be afraid.

on 4/18/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a connoisseur of fake tan. Especially after a bout with skin cancer three years ago. I've tried everything on the market. I've been orange. Streaky, blotchy..all in an effort to find the perfect faux tan. Well ladies and gents of MUA, Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisterizer is one of the best on the market. It is well-worth the seven bucks. In fact, I do believe it out-tans and out-performs St. Tropez. It is just as great as TanTowels.
Jergens, has, over the years managed to get it right. They can even take the word "moisterizer" out of the packaging and I *along with others* would still purchase it.
It applies nicely, a moussey foam, which is nice and neat, non greasy, non runny, easy to apply--in a circular motion. It dries in minutes so you can apply after your morning shower or bath, rub the foam in, and get dressed for work.
The color is nice and even and even after a couple of days, doesn't blotch up.
No offensive odor at all. I know the regular creamy version of Natural Glow has a scent that smells kind of sweaty after a while.
This product has received a 5 from me because it really looks great and the application process is quite foolproof.
The price--well, it isn't as expensive as many of the high-end fakers, but it isn't as dirt cheap as Ocean Potion either.
The packaging also gets a nice 5 from me because I'm a sucker for foam--seriously--my foam love started when I was a kid and played for hours in the bathtub with that Crazy Foam soap!
I would absolutely re-purchase..In fact, I have to make a run for this stuff this weekend.
If you try this, I think you will really like it and be pleased. Remember, my young MUA'ers. It is better to fake tan than to go to a tanning bed. Take it from me, you do NOT want to have MOHS surgery on your face from baking in the sun!

on 2/27/2013 12:23:00 PM

I, for one, love this product. I am a latina with light to medium beige skin, some warm undertones and some pink. It's a real pain for me to find the right shades in foundation or the right sunless products. I tried Jergens natural glow lotion before and did not like it at all, it smelled and left streaks. I took a chance on this because it was the only one at the store I went to and I figured it were gradual that it'd be okay. I'm glad I tried this, it does not smell much, I only noticed a faint trace of sunless smell hours after applying. It dried quickly, and looks even. I had immediate results, too, I was that pale from being indoors all winter! I really like this one.

on 8/23/2012 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't call this a moisturizer at all. But it really gives a nice, natural color! I have really REALLY fair legs and use the medium/tan color and after two-three uses, I look perfectly sun-kissed. Not orange at all! I use it with a little bit of plain lotion.

on 8/1/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOTION all the way.

This definitely needs some fine tuning. It doesn't moisturize at all, and the foam is super sticky and watery feeling. I'll keep it around as the colour isn't bad, but I would never want to apply this every day :(

I just bought this product today. I applied a second application several hours after applying it for the first time and found that it quickly built up to a really nice medium tan. The color was a golden brown instead of the dreaded orange color that has resulted from so many of the other self tanners I have used. The scent is the only downside to it that I found other than the very mild amound of streaking that occured around my bikini line. This mostly occured due to my careless and quick application around that area. Overall this is a really great self tanner for this awesome price. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. This says a lot coming from the palest person on the face of the earth.

on 6/8/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have nc35 skin so I didn't think it would work, but it works perfectly! My only complaint is that it fades kind of unevenly.

on 5/25/2012 7:03:00 PM

I'm reviewing the new Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-the one that claims to have no self-tanning odor. This is the only self-tanner I will use from now on because it truly has NO scent. It's a miracle. I shun self-tanners in general b/c I hate their metallic, nasty smell and the heavy, takes-10-hours-to-dry consistency. Ugh. This foam is truly odorless. However, being a foam, it doesn't really moisturize, hence the 4 out of 5 lippies. I need to exfoliate more, :). The foam itself is a little runny, more like a lotion with whipped air in it rather than a mousse. But I like the fact that it dries almost instantly and I don't have to walk around naked for 30 minutes for it to dry, hoping my kids won't burst into the bedroom and I won't catch sight of myself in the mirror.

Its not a fantastic moisturizer but it works good enough if you dont have really dry skin. I didnt notice any streaking and the color is a nice golden color compared to my pasty winter color. This is the first self tanning product that I've used and so far I like what im seeing.

on 4/29/2012 11:38:00 PM

Been using this for a couple years in conjunction with the revitalizing lotion from the same line. Great products. I buy Medium/Tan for more immediate results. Natural looking colour with no streaking (if applied correctly! - make sure to blend it in VERY well otherwise yes, you will be left with streaking. Try it on moisturized skin if you're still having problems). The foam is very convenient to cover large areas.

My only complaint is that this stains your hands if you leave it on without washing it off your palms straight after application. However, that can be sorted out with exfoliation and happens with the majority of self tanners. I use this primarily on my body and use the lotion of my face. I just find it harder to blend the foam into my face compared to the lotion. No breakouts/irritation.

I'll rebuy as long as Jergen's keeps producing it.