April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I don't have tattoos to cover, but blemishes I do. It covers well, color is perfect, lasts forever. Gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

When I finished my nars concealer I wanted something a little more affordable so I saw this and saw all the good reviews so I thought yes I'll try and love it because everybody else does! Well that's not what happened. This concealer is terrible it's thick and doesn't cover at all and if you try to build up the coverage it looks so cakey and it cracks through out the day. I broke out really badly recently and I have many dark spots left over well this looks like it covered them but in an hour they were completely visible and made my makeup look as if I never wore any makeup I don't know what it is about this concealer but it also ruins my foundation too my foundations look all splotchy and cheap. What a terrible product I'll never repurchase this and I'm going to tell everybody not to bother with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Shaketheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Been using this for a few years now. I love this concealer compared to many other high end concealers. Great coverage for dark circles and the occasional vacuum cleaner mark :X

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I give this concealer SO much credit simply because its one of the few that has a shade that matches me. I'm an NC20, yellow Asian and the Medium Shade-22 is so close that on my better days I can wear it alone without layering foundation/powder on top. The coverage is awesome, I can even cover beauty marks on my chin I'm not fond of & the veins under my eyes that peek through, fully with 0 caking. However Im not impressed with the longevity & wear of this product. I've tried wearing it different ways & have come across these issues:
1. KVD concealer FIRST then foundation on top (liquid OR powder) it moves the concealer, wiping it so I have to reapply & then it looks gray once mixed w foundation
2. Foundation FIRST then KVD it doesn't last long, gets oily? and fades wayy quicker. I have dry skin by the way, so I dont get it.
3. KVD concealer + Ben nye powder to set + foundation/powder on top=combo problem

Such a shame because its truly an awesome product. Needs a drop for good non cakey, natural full coverage. Maybe when Im drier in the winter AND have better skin so Im only covering scars/moles & not reddness/uneveness I can rock it alone. Til then, I'll keep using & keep searching.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

Okay, so. This product boasts that it is so highly pigmented and fabulous at covering flaws that it can make a tattoo disappear. Pardon my french ladies,(and gents ;) but that is just horse puckey! I work in a high end makeup store and I know a high end product when I see one. Sure this stuff can cover more than most drugstore concealers but it can not by any stretch of the imagination or stippling brush cover a tattoo. It is also greasy and smells like paint. I didn't even want to use it to cover the redness around my nose for fear of losing I.Q points to the fumes! Not a very impressive product! If you really want a concealer that can cover a tattoo, try Cover FX. Highly pigmented and goes matte with a bit of setting powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this concealer when I read that it was made to cover tattoos. I have a new baby so covering my undereye circles is almost like covering a tattoo. It goes on creamy and covers easily. Not a huge range of colors but I was lucky to find a good match for my skintone. I had read about this product oxidizing after a few hours. The first day everything was great, the concealer covered well and I finally looked well-rested. The next day when I went out i happened to check my makeup in natural light around midday and there it was... dreaded brown spots all over my face. This product had oxidized on me. I was so sad as I initially fell in love with this product. I still use it just with a lighter hand and I have to use powder or something else over it. Wish this product was perfect on its own but I guess I will continue my search. Next time I will try Nars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer has been in my morning makeup routine for almost a year now. It hides my tired looking eyes and no creasing=) A little goes a long way which is great and economical. I also use this when I need to cover a blemish or any redness, I'm prone to breakouts and this does not upset my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Hollyrad

I really like this concealer, almost love. Because of its drying quality, which provides the full coverage on my skin, it creases a bit and looks a little cakey. That being said, it has great coverage and doesn't move all day yet it comes off easily with my bioderma remover. I've recently switched over to tarte maracuja concealer as sephora is always out of stock for KVD medium 22. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After browsing through Sephora and looking for a new concealer I have found my new everyday essential. Frankly, this concealer meets all my needs and I could not be happier with my purchase. When I was at Sephora I was actually debating between two products: MUF and Kat Von D concealers; because I was about to leave for a vacation in Mexico and was hopping to find something that had a nice full coverage and would be decently weather resistant.

As some background information, I have bad skin. I don't want to say terrible or horrible because I have seen worse. but my skin has seen its fair share of acne and breakouts. Today mostly I have scars all over my face; on my chin, forehead, nose.... etc and concealer is a must for me to hide these scars. Prior to my purchase I was a loyal user of the Mac Studio Fix Concealer - the product was a bit too thick for my liking but it did the job when it came to coverage.

Pros and Cons:

Pros - It's fairly priced for a concealer, around 30$ CAN for 17 mL. It offers a full coverage (yes that's right full), and can has a formula thin enough that it can be used as an under eye concealer as well (this basically sealed the deal for me, because its multipurpose essentially). I used this concealer every day in Mexico, and it is fairly weather resistant... I rarely had to do retouches throughout the day. The concealer also has a light formula, so my face does not feel cakey at all. The packaging is fairly good as well.... a plastic squeezable tube; an improvement from the MAC Studio Fix Concealer I was using in the past. (Be sure to always tighten the lid, if you don't product will be wasted!)

Cons - I really wish this was water proof..... but I guess you can't find something with everything you want.

I found that application with this product is great with the BeautyBlender sponge! It blends smoothly with your fingers as well. A little goes a long way, so I'm thinking this product will last me well into October if I'm lucky!

This will probably be my go to concealer for the next little while! Will be repurchasing and recommending for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by JenasMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! I'm the lightest shade FYI. It literally covers everything with one use. This is my HG concealer I will never buy anything else!