April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics be tested on animals.

For reference, I am MAC NC25 / NC30 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

I'm sure not *all* David Jones staff are snotty & incompetent but the ones I encountered the day I bought this were! I gave up asking for assistance & instead made the wrong decision ascertaining the incorrect shade using a tiny mirror in crappy lighting. Medium is too dark / orange for me.

BEFORE: my skin is normal/dry, I only used a wee bit of sunscreen as this product looks to be quite emollient.

CONSISTENCY: creamy - solid.

APPLICATION METHOD: I tried to apply with a beauty blender which I guess would be ok if trying to achieve very light coverage (which I wasn't). I then used an elf complexion brush to buff it into my skin.

OVERALL: It looked *very* dewey on, when I say *very* dewey I mean I looked kind of sweaty which is not the look I was going for. And it looked kind of thick too.

RE-PURCHASE? Probably not.. I really, really wanted to like this product! I think Light-Medium would be a bit too light for me as well.

EDITED TO ADD: I've had greater success applying this with Face of Australia stick foundation in shade Honey as the combination of this with Time Balm Medium foundation is able to approximate a more suitable shade. Needs to be buffed right in & then set with a verrrry light application of Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder. Have added a lippie for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by missrosewood20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At my local drugstore TheBalm products were on sale (%50). So while I was there I saw this foundation and looked at the shades. I'm really pale so I can't find foundations that match me and let me tell you, I was surprised when I swatched it (Light) and it matched me perfectly. So I bought it, I also bought a Beauty Blender to apply it. A week later I got this, my mom's family was coming over for dinner. It was the first time I used it and even my uncle noticed it and he is not someone who notices these things. He was staring at me and then said "you look really beautiful today" and I was like (awkward) but said "oh thanks" and afterwards my mom said to me, "your skin look really glowy and natural" and my mom is really blunt where I'm concerned especially my clothes, my makeup. So getting a compliment from her was amazing. So I think this is my new HG foundation. It is medium coverage on me. But I don't have problems with my skin. So I don't know how it'll look on blemished skin. But give it a try. Also for the packaging, the cap might break if you don't use it carefully.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I would have liked this if I were to find a color match for it. Its the worst, most limited shade foundation I have everrr seen with only TWO options-Light & Mid-Medium. What the heck? Are the d/c or getting rid of this line? Anyways, the Light is very fair with neutral pink undertones. The Mid-medium has yellow undertones but is wayy too dark for my NC25 skin. It costed me $28 at Sephora for 0.75oz. It gave coverage like CoverFx, feels like Maybelline Dream Smooth and staying power like Revlon CS. The container/sponge is totally wasteful though. The only cream to powder foundation I have found with many shade options, a natural satin finish & decent staying power is Maybelline DS, I give up on the higher end options.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by meganl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer has a lot going for it, but unfortunately it just doesn't quite do it for me. To start with the packaging, I think some would call it cheap and flimsy. It is a teeny pot made from clear plastic. I wouldn't recommend carrying it in a handbag as I could see this type of plastic cracking. For me, I keep it in my bathroom so that wasn't a problem for me and I found the packaging is simple and not wasteful. It comes with the obligatory sponge, but I'm sure everybody throws that away so you are left with either one of your brushes or your fingers.

The price is pretty good for a department store brand, but still good quality. I found it very pigmented and the texture was quite good. It wasn't as thin as liquid concealer, which I find always slides right off under my eyes, but rather thick and cakey that glides on very smoothly, however.

The problem was that it didn't wear well. After a good initial start, it began to slide off, highlighting my lines where it remained. I did not want to apply it thickly and I wore a light foundation with it. This my be a good concealer if your a wearing a full face complete with fixing powder or if the skin under your eyes are less oily than mine, which I realize might have been a problem with me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

omg! this thing is a hidden gem! it is better than it looks.

when I first got it in the mail, I looked at it and regretted it straight away. why? becoz the packaging looked cheap, the colour looked really dark ( I bought the lightest shade) and the sponge was of appalling quality! so I thought here I go again wasting money. but when I got home I thought I might just give it a go and wow! wow! it is actually one of greatest foundations I have ever used.

first the colour looks really dark in the container but dun let this fool u, the "light" shade is in fact really light when applied to skin.

it is so spreadable and so moisturizing but not oily at all. it covers dark spots and pores really well. I actually tried this after work without washing and preparing my face for foundation. all I did was just pat my face with a moist towel to get rid of some facial oil and viola~ the foundation looked so fresh even on a dirty face! no dry spots at all! I used my fingers to apply the foundation btw.

the only cons were packaging and still a tad not-so-lasting on my t-zone . my nose began to get oily after like 2 hours. but bear in mind dat I didn't use primer and I was doing housework while wearing this. so a oil-control primer or finishing powder will do the trick.

will definetly use this everyday from now on, esp winter is coming in Australia :)

EDIT: have been using this almost everyday since i bought it a week ago. my praise to this foundation has remained so far. the only change is probably that it is not as spreadable as i thought. as the temperature drops in australia, the foundation is sometimes a bit 'dry' and less spreadable in the mornings. so i have used my beauty blender sponge instead of my fingers as i dun want to pull my skin too hard with my fingers. i also bought the Sexy Mama Anti Shine Translucent Powder and it works beautifully with this foundation or imo any foundations.

the only con is still the slight oiliness on my nose after a couple of hours. but i think this is just my skin, i have not been able to find a single foundation so far dat can eliminate my t-zone from getting oily as the day goes by, so i dun blame this foundation, in fact, i think the foundation and the powder do a pretty gd job in keeping my t-zone less oily than other foundations. so all in all, i love it!~

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by XXMEMEXX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
Definitely not for oily skin! This still offers an amazing finish and coverage, but the staying power is just horrible not matter what mattifying powder I use over this I get oily after two hours! They should have an oil free one! After blotting it just doesn't look good any more. I think Ill use this as a concealer for under eye (offers medium coverage) I dnt think pharmaplus takes cosmetics back and I lost the receipt for this :(

Will not purchase again!

Powders I used with this is Palladio loose rice powder, Gish pressed powder, Ponds Blemish and Oil control, Body shop base powder and Mark powder foundation. I still had to blot after two hours too much work, especially when I'm in school most of the day, just not worth it. :(

I have an oily t-zone and have been staying away from creme foundations, but when i read these great reviews I couldn't resist. The price is pretty expensive 36$ from pharamaplus but you do get a lot of product so its definitely worth it.
*The finish of this product is a healthy dewy glow, I obviously have to set it with a oil absorbing powder, I just purchased Palladio loose rice powder, I cant wait to see how well they will work together :) I blot every 4-6 hours when i am not using a setting powder.
*The coverage is medium to full, its very build-able.
*The way i apply is useing the sponge that comes with the foundation i dabit on my face and it gives me a medium coverage, I do use concelour under my eyes I have terrible dark circles.
Wiil update when I use my Palladio powder with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. You need to apply this on a mouisturized face so it can spread easily. It is full coverage dewy finish and longlasting. I got light and its slightly darker than my nc20skin. However it does blend in good. I highly recommend this foundation

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting weeks to review this- I would say this is in my top 5 foundations of all time. This puts all those other creme foundations I've wasted money on over the years- Gerda Spillman; Graftobian; Cover FX; Shu Uemura; etc. to shame. You don't need any special techniques to apply- I love my CoverFx pointy synthetic foundation brush with this. Anyway, it is super stupid easy to use with a brush or sponge, and the coverage is fantastic and adjustable. The colors are that perfect balance of yellow and neutral. It is a bit dryish but the minute you start stippling on your skin the product warms up and spreads nicely. It does not break me out. You can use it more heavily on problem areas and it doesn't get cakey or crepey looking. You should moisturize well before applying, but other than that, I've used it with primer, without- and performs well either way. The other thing that's nice- it looks the same at 5 pm as it did at 9 a.m. Did I mention the coverage is fantastic? I have semi-crappy looking skin, some scars and melasma and it covers it all, without making me look like a dead faced corpse. I love the concealer too- but I just use that under my eyes. I'm not entirely sure they're all that different in terms of coverage, although the undereye might actually be a bit drier. My only beef and its a small one, the container is NYX/Wet-n-Wild cheapass looking. That's it. I think Sephora online is the only place to get this. I'm stocking up... PS I'm a MAC NC 30-35 and I use the Light-Medium.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It lasts a long time (as in how long is lasts for before having to buy another one and on application) and has great coverage.
I only use this as an under-eye concealer as I find it is more matte than the actual concealer they have. If a product is oily, it tends to slide right off my skin even with primer.
I love that it doesn't have silicone in it as it causes milia around my eyes that takes forever to get rid of. The shades are fabulous and they blend very well with liquids and powders.
My only issue is the lack of hygiene with the big plastic screw top container. If something is going to last that long, surely something can be done to help keep it cleaner (besides having to constantly wash my hands before applying makeup).
I have the light/medium and medium depending on what and where I need to conceal and also whether or not I have a tan.
I try to stay away from using this as an every day concealer on active or healing blemishes or clogged pores as my job is quite active and find that sweat with a heavy duty product don't mix.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by PKWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color and the ease of application but the settles into fine lines despite primer. It's also difficult to apply without a primer and accentuates any flakes or uneven texture.