December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Huile Douceur Remove All Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been reading many reviews on cleansing oils here on P'ville but didn't trust Shiseido or MAC for their skincare, as I have no past experience with this type of product or the skincare from those brands. When I read the reviews here about this cleansing oil and how it is very good for those of us with dry skin and I have used Lancome skincare in the past and do trust them, I thought I would give it a try. Since I am acne-prone, I would emulsify the oil with water as the directions state and then add Purity as the final step to ensure all the oils are removed from my skin. I purchased this from Nordies, ensuring that if I didn't like it, I could return it with no questions asked.

*Note about the packaging/dispenser: The oil does not "shoot" out of the pump if you are holding the container upright - you have to tip the container to the side and then pump the oil into your hand in order to ensure you don't waste any product.*

Now for the happiness! I LOVE this oil - I only need 2 pumps for my entire face and eyes, it smells wonderful, cleanses completely, removing every trace of makeup, including eye makeup, mascara lip color and eyeliner. All of this without stripping my sensitive skin or causing breakouts! I use this at night to remove my makeup, applying 2 pumps to my entire face and eyes and under my jawline, where I tend to get blackheads. I massage for maybe 2-3 minutes, mix in a little warm water to emulsify the oil into a milky cleanser, massage in and add 1 pump of Purity to make sure all the oil is removed, then I either use my Clarisonic Mia and rinse or just rinse well with warm water and that's it! The bottle is quite large and since so little is needed, it lasts me quite awhile. I am so happy I tried this product - I have already repurchased and will buy it again and again - hopefully Lancome will not discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Elina24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try an oil cleanser for so long, so I went to the store and got this one. I absolutely love it ! I do have to say that I wasn't all that happy when I first got it. Now I know that's because I was using it the wrong way. I would put the oil on my face, massage and then rinse-off. I always got the feeling there was stil some oil left, needless to say my skin felt oily even the morning after. But then I read a review from a girl that said it was important to add some water and keep massaging, again adding water keep massaging. Now I sometimes "go back" 4 to 5 times, each time adding some more water. The oils dissolves much better this way and at the end I just rinse off what's left. No more oily feeling since I use this routine ! I love that this bottle has a pump, I use 2 pumps for my whole face so my bottle will last me a long time. Last but definitely not the least : the smell is heaven !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got this as a sample and used it a few times and then abandoned it as I was happy with my gel cleanser and didn't feel the need for another step to remove my makeup. I liked it, I just didn't love it enough to be bothered, However, I recently changed my foundation, and the gel cleanser just wasn't cutting it in the makeup removal stakes, and I found this lying around. It did a really good job of removing my makeup, smells pleasant (quite light) and left my skin feeling really soft, clean but not tight/dry. I massage this in to my skin, especially concentrating around where I have blackheads etc, then scoop up a little water and massage that in (the mixture then emulsifies and changes from a clearish oil to a white milky lotion) and then rinse off. I haven't used it around my eyes. It seems to help exfoliate quite gently, helping to get rid of the flakies, and my sensitive combo skin has not reacted. I am not going to buy this because I am switching from Lancome/L'Oreal due to their animal testing policy, but it is a very nice product. Plus I have ordered Clinique's TTDO balm so when that arrives I will update with a comparison.

UPDATE: TTDO balm was more practical, as it is in a semi-solid form, which meant it doesn't drip off my fingers before it gets to my face, the way this can. However TTDO seriously dried out my skin. This seems to be much gentler, while removing my makeup just as efficiently as TTDO balm I find using oil cleansers do a better job of makeup removal than foaming or milk cleansers, and are quite enjoyable to use - it's kind of like giving yourself a mini facial. However, I still won't purchase for ethical reasons. Am experimenting with massaging in vaseline with water, then removing vaseline-makeup mixture with foaming cleanser which seems to be gentle and effective.

UPDATE: Skin is reacting to this as well - getting very dry and flakey and thickening. I think oil cleansers just don't agree with me. Downgrading to 2 stars. Still v enjoyable to use, love scent and massaging into skin, but bad results.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by oniony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product made me break out . cystic acne. It leaves oily feeling on the skin after use. Maybe this product doesn’t match with the combination skin. I have used a cleansing oil from KOSE before, and it never caused me such a problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mistermark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been a fan of L'oreal/Lancome and their do-nothing skincare products, I much prefer Lauder's superior antioxidant-rich formulas. That being said, I do love L'oreal for their superior and state-of-the-art La Roche Posay/Vichy sunscreens, and this one oil cleanser from Lancome. I use it to remove my water-resistant SPF and it works beautifully. Nice smell too, not that that matters. I follow up with a gel cleanser and my skin is perfect everytime. Although, mineral oil works just as well to cleanse when I use that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I tried this cleanser b/c my skin is dehydrated and I love using oil to cleanse since it doesn't dry me out. I use about 3 pumps and massage all over my face then do my eyes last. It takes everything off, including waterproof eye makeup. It doesn't make me break out and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It also smells delicious!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by pandacn

I got this after I tried a sample of it. It is by far the best makeup remover out there. I used to use Lancome's Bi-facil eye makeup remover and it was mediocre. It always left an oily residue on the undereye area and it would take several applications and sometimes, even having to use a regular face wash, to thoroughly get eye makeup off. But when I tried the Deep Cleansing Oil, the results were absolutely fantastic. Like the instructions say, I use two pumps on my fingertips to massage it into my eyelids for about 20 seconds. After I rinsed, my eye makeup was completely gone. Eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, everything. And there was no oily residue or streaks left over. It was so gentle and felt great. The Cleansing Oil also smells great, but you could tell it wasn't from artificial fragrance, it was very subtle and pleasant. I use this mainly for the eyes, then I follow up with a few swipes of Lancome Micelle Cleansing Water for the rest of my face. I highly recommend this over other eye makeup removers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's a very inoffensive cleansing oil perfectly suited to dry skin because it has no menthols/mint, or alcohol that may dry skin (Shiseido does, Boscia does, though they are both pretty good oils IMO just not for me). It's got a short, sweet list of ingredients that include:

- Only a handful of actual oils like mineral oil, among a couple of other non-offensive oils that are great for makeup removing and moisture. (You won't find things like sage oil, cinnamon oil, etc. which is just there for scent and making your skin itch.)
- TONS of emulsifiers and similar ingredients really just meant to keep it together and creamy.
- A few great antioxidants and moisturizers, including Arginine.

*Did I mention it smells good? Really good; and subtle to boot! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 7:18:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*Pic of product and Ingredients*
I have tried LaVitton, MAC and DHC cleansing oils, and I would have to say this is the best one compared to those. I'm not a huge fan of cleansing oils but I really love this one. It smells heavenlyyyyy and it gets rid of any make I'm wearing with just two goes. Also, it leaves my face soooooo soft and incredibly smooth.
I massage this onto my face with circular motions (including eye area) when it's dry, I rinse with water, pat my face with a towel, repeat and I'm done.
I usually use this product 3,4 times a week (I wish I could daily) but having dry/dehydrated skin I do try to avoid using products that need rinsing off with water. This and Cliniques TTDO balm are my top 2 (and only) products that I use in this way.

continued >>