July 31, 2014 | 2128 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by crazydancerlam

Pros
This product is amazing. It feels good on my skin and I love that it has an spf in it. After using it for awhile it does make you skin look more even and healthier. In my opinion it has medium to buildable coverage. It also doesn't have a bad foundation smell like alot of foundations due. It does not feel heavy and it doesn't break me out. It's my favorite drug store foundation.

Cons
It gets a 4 instead of a 5 because the color selection could be a little better. Also I wish it came with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I have NARS, MAC, BE, Clinique to Maybelline foundations and the neutrogena one is the one I reach for most often. It is so easy to blend - I use my fingers so not to waste with a sponge. The finish is dewy but not slick and I have an oily T-zone. Love the glow it gives and it really is comparable to NARS Sheer Glow.
For reference, I am MAC NC 30 and use shade 60 in Neutrogena. Only gripe is the large opening of the jar and no pump. The lasting power of this foundation is average. I need to touch up with powder by about 4 - 5 hours of wear. It does make my skin look better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by abril090

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation didnt feel like I was wearing a mask like how other liquid foundations can feel (i.e. Revlon's Colorstay).But I cant comment on the coverage. Why? Because this shade these come in are awful. I tried one of the lightest shades in natural ivory. My face looked pink and darker than it is. This foundation would be alot better if neutrogena offered better shades.It has SPF. Gotta give them credit for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

The only downside to this product is a bottle. Would it kill some companies to embrace the squeeze-tube? That aside, this is the perfect foundation for me. I'm very fair, so most foundations either look like clown makeup or make me resemble a ghost. Even the ones I can find a close enough shade to are thick and hard to blend (Chanel's Teint Innocence, I'm looking at you!) This is the perfect alternative. Very light and sheer, but I can dab it for more heavy coverage. Better still, when I'm in the sun it just looks as if I have great skin. Not sure as to the claims of it improving my skin, but even if it doesn't, I've found my new foundation. Very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've wanted to try this foundation for a while, but everytime I would look at it I thought "do I really need ANOTHER foundation?" I seem to always fall into the hype of a "wonderful foundation" and end up not loving it so much. Well, I eventually gave in and bought this. I am SO happy I did! I bought this in the summer when I had a tan so I went for "Buff 30". Now that I'm kind of losing my tan I bought the next shade lighter - "Natural Ivory 20", which is too light still. I mix the 2 shades together for my perfect color (for now!). I am really happy with this foundation - it has a gorgeous finish, gives great coverage, and does make my skin look so healthy!! I'd say it's a medium coverage foundation - which is fine for me as I don't really need a lot of coverage. However, if you need a lot of coverage you may not like this, but I'm sure you can build it to your desired coverage because it goes on very natural for me. I've found the best application to be with a stippling brush (I use the sonia kashuk highlighting brush from target). I get an airbrushed finish this way, it seems that when I used my fingers it didn't look as natural and blended. I have pretty dry skin and this works great for me - doesn't cake on my flaky areas and it gives me a nice glow. When I'm having a normal skin day it can be a bit shiny, but I just apply some powder and it takes care of that - and it lasts all day! I do believe oily skin types could use this as well - you would just need a good powder to keep oilyness at bay. Also, you don't need a lot of product - if you use to much it looks mask like and gets difficult to blend so a little goes a long way!! I do hate the packaging - no pump and it's very liquidy, so it's easy to get too much product, but I really love the product so I will just have to overlook that!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by cremebear

This is a light coverage foundation which feels like nothing on the skin. This does a great job of evening out my skin (i have some acne scars) and concealing minor redness. There are some areas i still use concealer on (like under the eyes, around the nose) but for the most part i just apply this onto my moisturized skin w/o a primer. I can see how some people feel this has an overly dewy/oily as it looks that way on me immediately after application but i like to set it with a loose powder (i use NYC loose powder in translucent and i'm currently a NC42) and that creates the perfect dewy look all day. Like i said i don't use a primer and on top of that i wear this on top of cetaphil cream and it doesn't melt off. This also hasn't broken me out and i've been using it about 2 weeks. I was fortunate with the color match, Honey Beige 110 is a perfect match for my skin and i imagine Fresh Beige will be a good winter color for me. I haven't tried taking pictures in this so i'll update when i do. Oh and i've tried stippling this on with something like a 187 and also tried it with something like a 190 but ive found it looks best applied with fingers (:

this isn't my hg but i do really like it. it doesn't emphasize my flakes, it doesnt make my skin look oilier than it actually is, it doesnt settle into pores/fine lines, it doesnt crease or cake..but i would like a little more coverage and a more airbrushed look.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by blingblingbaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really not liking this product. Color matches are not that great......the lightest color is still a tad too dark for me ( I am extremely fair). It goes on very nicely however not with a foundation brush. By the middle of the day I do feel this sliding on my face so I feel that for hotter, humid weather it just isn't a good foundation. The more I use this the worse my skin is getting, breakouts and redness....healthy skin I think not. I have thrown out my bottle since the store I bought it at will not return it. This is definitely not worth the price I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryFox007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation that matches my skin nicely; I have it in Classic Ivory (10). It doesn't break me out and the finish isn't too shiny (semi-matte; matte is my preference though). I just wish it didn't rub off my skin so easily (my cell phone gets smudged with it). It covers my pores and zits, which I like.

Edit: After using this alone for a while and over my End-Zit I noticed the oil control doesn't last long. My skin quickly goes from semi-matte to shiny, and pore indentations start to show after a while. I'm not buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the time being I switched to this since I needed a foundation with added SPF and this fit the bill. It cost me twelve bucks at Target. It gives light coverage and leaves a dewy finish which I'm not too fond of since I have oily skin. But I apply Mac's blot powder over it and it takes care of any shine I get from it throughout the day. It doesn't break me out or exaggerate my pores which is some of the good points of this foundation. The bottle claims to contain some antioxidants though I'm not sure what kind they are. Would I buy this again? probably. Just need something a little more matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by hamsley72

I have this one in soft beige 50. I used it with a brush. It goes on great and has a light coverage. It's a great everyday coverage it's not expensive. So it's not going to be a big investment.