August 28, 2014 | 1751 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this product in my December Birchbox. I would never pay this much for a hair care product so I was really hoping I wouldn't think it was great and then be tempted to purchase it. I tried it tonight, after washing my naturally curly frizzy hair. I took a dab and rubbed my hands together then smoothed it into my hair section my section. My hair is past my shoulders. I left it to air dry. Went back about 30 min later and my hair was frizzed. It wasn't dry yet. So I added a bit more to the frizzy area's. I did read on the package that it also had heat protection in it. Well if it won't keep the frizzies away with no heat used how would it if I used my flat iron? Unless because I am not using a heated styler it's not working? Maybe something happens to the formula when a heat styler is used? I got two freebies so I will try it again when I am going to blow dry and flat iron. So far it's a fail for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

Made my hair coated and dried out. Second day was worse. I have tried a lot of leave in type products so i have a lot to compare it to and this stuff is nothing great. Very over hyped IMO.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't know what to think about this one. It does protect my hair, but I have cheaper products that do it equally well or better without weighing it down, making hair greasy etc. For example It's a 10 Leave-In is much better for protecting my hair - I curled it every 3 days for about half a year and had minimal damage. My hair actually feels dry and stiff with Nectar Thermique compared to for example it's a 10. I'm also very annoyed about is the smell - it smells like cheap sunscreen! It kinda has an oily-lilac smell which I absolutely hate; especially because it sticks with me for SO long! Every time I use this I feel sick in my stomach because of the smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Makes my hair soft, arranged, heavy-falling without making it look dirty or weighing it down. And it provides heat protection from both hair-dryer and iron. I love it so much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is a good heat protectant and leaves my hair soft and silky, however i just can't get over the smell! It's pungent in a grandma's perfume kind of way. I only use a tiny amount applied to damp hair and while I love the results I don't enjoy the scent. The strong perfume in this, combined with the high price make me not want to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It makes my hair silky and smooth, and the smell is divine! However don't use too much product, because it will make your hair greasy. I only use it when I go out, because my hair gets greasy very fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

I discovered the amazing effect of root crimping and went in search of a heat protector that would stop my baby fine hair being frazzled. My daughter recommended this as she has bleached, heat damaged hair and it completely changed the condition of her hair when nothing else did (we tried several other expensive brands). I have dark, fine, oily hair that needs washing everyday and is rather thin and flat. I have learnt how to use this product for my hair: I wash (still everyday) and do not condition. I put a penny/dime sized amount through my short bob being careful to distribute it evenly roots through to ends. Then I blow dry. No styling products needed! My hair is shiny, thicker, glossy, and well, rather gorgeous :-). I don't even need to use my Babyliss root boost crimpers any more as this product seems to gives my hair enough body. I have both Ciment and Nectar and love them both although Ciment is better for my hair type. If this product makes your hair greasy consider ditching the conditioner and other styling products as together they may weigh your hair down.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by myrtoula12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

that is actually a quite nice product. It is a nice leave in, it is supposed to give thermal protection. Nothing exceptional for me,much better than drugstore products, but nothing amazing on my hair, i find the chi silk infusion so much better and lasts so much more

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not normally one to spend a lot of money on hair products. There's simply too many crap products out there for me to keep buying and testing all of them. I heard of Kerastase years ago, but never even considered buying it because of the price. I thought it was all hype.

But now my hair has been so damaged from highlighting and heat styling (I'm Asian but my hair is so overprocessed that I practically have an afro now, I'm serious). I was getting desperate to find a heat protectant to shield against my blowdryer and flat iron. Chi Iron Guard made it crunchy and didn't seem to help against the heat. I tried other ranges of crappy heat protectants. So I decided to buy this with hesitation.

Wow. I dolloped this over my hair before blowdrying, and afterwards my hair felt normal again. I wouldn't say super silky soft normal (my hair's too damaged to ever be silky again) but just normal rather than feeling like dry cotton. I could definitely see the results working in this. I used it with my flat iron on high heat, and my hair also felt more like normal. You definitely get what you pay for with this. I just wish great products didn't have to be so expensive.

My hair is highlighted and toned and I felt compelled to buy the Chroma milk one at first. But this does not seem to be ruining my color, so I'll stick with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ciciomilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

LOVE THIS!
Talk about hair, I (used to) don't really care so much about my hair, as long as it is neat, it is good to go. What I mean by neat is because, my hair was straightened (or rebonded some of you might call it) many times! I think about 3-4 times I can't recall due to the fact that my original hair is a chaos. half part is this wavy weird textured hair, and the half down is not as wavy - more to somehow straight. So it is weird. Maybe you think it happened from the repetitious straightening that I've done, but no. That was my hair since I am a kid.

So just recently I feel the need to give more attention to my hair, I stopped permanent-straightening it, and I leave the original chaotic hair grow it self. But I still do need those neat straight hair sometimes, so I still sometimes flat-ironed my hair.
Compared to other styling products (most of the time I used spray ones), this is the bomb. Other products might give that straight look and heat tamers, but I still get fly-aways from it. And my hair feels dry afterwards but turns very greasy on the second day.
BUT NOT WITH THIS PRODUCT! Everytime I straightened my hair, I always get that naturally-straight looking hair, and less fly-aways. It lasts the whole day unline other prods, and I still get the same result even it is already the second day after washing and styling my hair.

The only downside of this is it is quite hard for me to find in here where I stay. And it is expensive! Though it is worth the money.
Definitely recommend this product.