December 22, 2014 | 1823 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Katklare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!

Hair is left with s silky smooth feeling, even if you don't use Kerastase shampoo or conditioner.

Con: It doesn't "seal" or "smooth" split ends. This is more of a protectant than a healing product so don't expect it to do that for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful hair potion for blow drys. It really helps lock in moisture and allow my hair to dry faster. I prefer Ciment Thermique because the texture is more like a serum/ crème. Nectar thermique is more of a thicker crème but does not have the silky consistency of Ciment. I have repurchased this product and will again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this in my December Birchbox as well and tried it today for the first time. I did blow dry my hair after applying it as usual and my hair feels and looks really amazing. It is expensive but assuming it works this well I use it (I received two sample packets and used half of one today) - then I will definitely buy it...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this product in my December Birchbox. I would never pay this much for a hair care product so I was really hoping I wouldn't think it was great and then be tempted to purchase it. I tried it tonight, after washing my naturally curly frizzy hair. I took a dab and rubbed my hands together then smoothed it into my hair section my section. My hair is past my shoulders. I left it to air dry. Went back about 30 min later and my hair was frizzed. It wasn't dry yet. So I added a bit more to the frizzy area's. I did read on the package that it also had heat protection in it. Well if it won't keep the frizzies away with no heat used how would it if I used my flat iron? Unless because I am not using a heated styler it's not working? Maybe something happens to the formula when a heat styler is used? I got two freebies so I will try it again when I am going to blow dry and flat iron. So far it's a fail for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

Made my hair coated and dried out. Second day was worse. I have tried a lot of leave in type products so i have a lot to compare it to and this stuff is nothing great. Very over hyped IMO.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't know what to think about this one. It does protect my hair, but I have cheaper products that do it equally well or better without weighing it down, making hair greasy etc. For example It's a 10 Leave-In is much better for protecting my hair - I curled it every 3 days for about half a year and had minimal damage. My hair actually feels dry and stiff with Nectar Thermique compared to for example it's a 10. I'm also very annoyed about is the smell - it smells like cheap sunscreen! It kinda has an oily-lilac smell which I absolutely hate; especially because it sticks with me for SO long! Every time I use this I feel sick in my stomach because of the smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Makes my hair soft, arranged, heavy-falling without making it look dirty or weighing it down. And it provides heat protection from both hair-dryer and iron. I love it so much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is a good heat protectant and leaves my hair soft and silky, however i just can't get over the smell! It's pungent in a grandma's perfume kind of way. I only use a tiny amount applied to damp hair and while I love the results I don't enjoy the scent. The strong perfume in this, combined with the high price make me not want to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It makes my hair silky and smooth, and the smell is divine! However don't use too much product, because it will make your hair greasy. I only use it when I go out, because my hair gets greasy very fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

I discovered the amazing effect of root crimping and went in search of a heat protector that would stop my baby fine hair being frazzled. My daughter recommended this as she has bleached, heat damaged hair and it completely changed the condition of her hair when nothing else did (we tried several other expensive brands). I have dark, fine, oily hair that needs washing everyday and is rather thin and flat. I have learnt how to use this product for my hair: I wash (still everyday) and do not condition. I put a penny/dime sized amount through my short bob being careful to distribute it evenly roots through to ends. Then I blow dry. No styling products needed! My hair is shiny, thicker, glossy, and well, rather gorgeous :-). I don't even need to use my Babyliss root boost crimpers any more as this product seems to gives my hair enough body. I have both Ciment and Nectar and love them both although Ciment is better for my hair type. If this product makes your hair greasy consider ditching the conditioner and other styling products as together they may weigh your hair down.