September 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mafia_mistress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This isn't simply a Knot Today, this is not ever again. I don't understand...so many people on many hair boards and forums love this product and swear by it. I have thick curly hair that can tangle if I turn my head side to side. Yes, I've had a trim, yes, I've co-washed, yes, I have detangled in the shower, I've done the things recommended, but this stuff, dare I say, made my hair worse. It felt like it was not a leave in conditioner because it left a residue. Sort of an unattractive residue, like fluids, worse than snot...yeah that stuff. It was white and just sat on the curls like cheap gel. I normally don't wear my hair down, but I was attending a function and wanted attention. I wanted the "I love your hair it's so curly" for a change. I normally hate when people with straight hair say that, because of the lack of work their hair needs and the amount of products to ensure the curls are not too frizzy, a huge afro, very dry and matted.
Back to knot today. This is not a cheap product. I can't find it in most stores, and the ones who do have it are in the part of town where you go to buy and leave. Target has it now, but they didn't when I bought it. I think this is one of those situations where you have to follow what works for your hair. I tend to bandwagon on products. If enough people rave (3) I'll go buy it or hunt for it without giving a toss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work for me. I tried it over several months and I just felt that it didn't provide moisture, it didn't detangle at all and it was difficult to distribute through my hair. I was going to give the rest away, or even throw it out, but I found a useful purpose for the remaining, I add a bit in a spray bottle filled with water, and now use it to help revitalize curls. I would not repurchase this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had straight hair much of my life, then after my daughter was born it got wavy, and now that i'm getting up there in age, my hair has even more curl.

So i started looking for products to encourage the curl, moisturize a bit, and reduce frizz. I am very happy with Knot Today. I squeeze a little into my palm, rub my fingers together, then comb and gently rub my fingers through the lower half of my hair (i have more or less butt length hair). It helps my curls and keeps my hair from looking like i spent the day in a wind tunnel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells fantastic, and makes it easy to brush hair straight out of the shower. I've been buying it for about 3 years now. I always use it in conjunction with other styling products so it's hard to say how much it does on its own, but I'd definitely recommend it. I have super frizzy/curly medium-length hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by 1017

IMO - This is almost a styling cream over a leave in conditioner. Used all by itself, it gave decent volume and curl formation, but "conditioned" is not the word I would use to describe this and how it felt. It really, really felt like a light hold styling cream. I have uber fine wavy/curly hair. I gave this a 3 even though it was just "ok" for my hair, but I have seen what it can do with the tight curly, kinky hair that needs to be pulled out & it is amazing (where as mine needs to be encouraged). Also, many will love the "natural" ingredient list. I wish it worked for me, it is pretty affordable, but it just didn't feel right. If you have very fine loosely waved hair you are trying to encourage to be curly, this may not be your friend (unless you just want a natural product). If you have tight curls that need coating, this will be your friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by umehta

At first I loved this product! I recommended it to everyone with curly hair. But then I started having horrible breakouts on my forehead. My skin is not acne-prone and I had very clear skin my whole life...that is until I started using Kinky Curly. It did wonders for my hair but was horrible for my skin. I hope to find something else natural that doesn't make me break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I love this product. I love this product. I love this product!

My hair is fine and more kinky than curly. I use this as a leave in under the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (which I absolutely love for defining curls). This leave in is also great under other gels which usually tend to leave my hair feeling crunchy. When I use the knot today underneath the gel, my hair is softer and more touchable.

A bottle runs about $11.99. While it's not dirt cheap, one bottle lasts me for 2 months, and that's with me re-doing my hair 3 times a week. If there are days that my hair is feeling dry, I lightly mist (not spray) it with water and scrunch in about a quarter-sized amount of Knot Today into my hair which leaves it feeling very soft.

My hair doesn't tangle easily so I don't use it as a detangler.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is fine and this detangles and moisturizes my curls with no buildup or greasy residue. Very lightweight, nice scent and a little goes a long way so the bottle will last. Good, but not wow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by QueenAlli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good. barely had to use my comb to detangle after I put his in.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by metisse1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG leave-in conditioner for me! I was ready to quit leave-in conditioners as they always came too heavy on my curly hair, as I saw the as just a useless step in hair routine. However, for my curl definition, I need moisture, I need water, I need a base so I finally tried this product and I was sold. My hair was defined without any frizz, CURLS GALORE, superb volume, body and shape. I could not believe it! Another great thing about this product is that it's not a heavily moisturizing product, so it doesn't way down hair but shapes it and enables you to apply oils and creams on top, whatever you prefer! Get 5$ (below total amount of 40$) to 10$ (when you reach 40$) off your first Iherb.com order with code EME922.