July 25, 2014 | 1276 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by FionaChan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I know it doesn't say waterproof, but what I didn't expect was for the eyeliner to come off when my eyes get teary (which happens very often). Gosh I was sooooo disappointed. Thankfully I was still at my friend's house before my night out, otherwise it would get embarrassing. I would imagine it to not able to withstand sweat too.

Also, when I removed it, I feel like there were still traces of the eyeliner, or a hint of it at least. Aka couldn't remove it completely. It gave me stronger panda eyes wtf (because my dark circles are already dark).

The pen is also not easy to use, for me at least. It took me a while to draw on the eyeliner, and the cat wing. I even had to thicken my eyeliner due to the mistakes I've made. D: Maybe I'm just used to more flexible style of liquid penliner.

Anyway, I want to return this eyeliner but I'm not sure that I can. BUT I HOPE I CAN. This is not something we practice in my country, I think. I don't think I will even use this again, as it can't even withstand my tears, so I hope my money don't go completely wasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not my favorite liner. My favorite is the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense. However, this is not bad for when you want a softer black (or brown) look. If you are shy about using liquid liners, new to liquid liners, or just learning to master winged liner, this may be a good one to start with because it's a pen. You don't have to think about how much product is too much or not enough when applying and you don't have to worry so much about applying with too light of a hand or too heavy of a hand. If you can use a marker, you can use this. That's one of the things that's great about it. Super easy to use. I find that it's not quite as pigmented as I prefer and they don't seem to last too long before drying out and needing to be replaced. The one downside to the L'Oreal that I use it that it is a little glossy even when dry, and not every eye look I create is complimented by that shine. So I decided to try this for more of a matte look without having to add black shadow, which can over-soften the line if that's not a look that you are going for. I also like that this comes in a blackened-brown shade for more low-key or natural looks, and that's mostly what I use it for. Something else I like about it is that it wears well. It doesn't crack or fade throughout the day and it stays put till you take it off at the end of the day. While it's not something that I use every single day, I like to keep it on hand because I do change up my shadow looks often and this is good to have when the look calls for it. I don't go through quite as many of these as I have my L'Oreal, but it's still a good product and I do repurchase it. It's definitely better than any of the other pen-style liners that I have tried. The applicator is very stiff though, so for someone new to liquid liner, I think this is a good thing because it allows for a lot of control. I have found since I have gotten better with winged liner, that I prefer something with a softer applicator to allow me to have more finesse. The only problem is, and the reason that I go back to this is, that this is better pigmented than some of the other pens with that softer applicator that I am looking for. It doesn't surpass the L'Oreal Carbon Black in pigmentation, but with the right application, you can get the desired effect with out the glossiness that the L'Oreal gives off, which again, is why I keep it around.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bubblewrap831

I got this in the color black and I like it a lot. My friend highly recommended it and calls it her HG. But I was skeptical, because I have really oily lids and she doesn't.
PROS:
-Thin, precision felt tip...easy to use---it's like using a marker on your eye!
-long-lasting but can be taken off really easily with water
-doesn't smudge (I wore it all day without touching up)
-doesn't feel heavy on the eyes, because it seems to be water-based
-goes on shiny at first but then dries matte

CONS:
-fades throughout the day (but I like this better than flaking or smudging)
-isn't super opaque black, though you can go over the liner for an almost opaque look

Overall, the best no-fuss drugstore liquid liner I've tried. It retails for $8.99 at RiteAid, but I got it this week for 40% off and had a coupon for $1 from the Sunday ads.

I didn't give this full marks only because I just started using it. I won't get too overzealous just yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday, after getting sick of my gel eyeliner getting clumpy and my Almay liquid eyeliner seeming too liquidy to get a precise line on my bottom lash line. I don't care about "wing" lines on my top lids - it's not a look for me - but I was definitely trying to find a highly pigmented liner (and that's going to be either gel or liquid) that would wear well and be easy to apply on the lower lash line. Of course, I just put it on this morning (about 3 1/2 hours ago), and so far, so good. It was VERY easy to apply, thanks to the super thin "magic marker" applicator. No gloppy mistakes to fix up (and that's just too easy to do when lining the lower lid!). I do, however, lightly line my lower lid first with the Revlon Colorstay regular eyeliner (mechanical pencil), and then go over it with this. I'll update this again after I've gotten thru a few long work days in the ultra humidity of Florida (breaks down a lot of other liners after 5-6 hours), to report on how it holds up. And hopefully this pen liner doesn't dry out too quickly!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by goldkey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Truthfully the very worst eyeliner I have ever purchased. It simply doesn't work unless you try it on the palm of your hand or on a kleenex, etc. Water will quickly wash it off of your palm, if you try that. I have tried over and over and over to get it to work. Forget it. Glad I saved the receipt. It's going back today. I paid $7.72.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sashaloudfeather

If you need a cheap liquid eye pen this is it! Liquid eye lens are great and give you fantastic freedom...I like this for a daily dainty cat eye. It's not as awesome as the pricier eye pins (stila cough cough) but for a daily fast application this product rules. cheap. chic. and does what it should.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kellyfiveone

I don't know if I'm using this wrong, but sometimes it feels like I'm trying to apply eyeliner with a toothpick when I use this product. The pointy part hurts A LOT. When I do manage to get it on my lid, it doesn't really make the most opaque line, and I can actually see streak marks. I always have to go over it with black eyeshadow. It looks decent after that, but the application process is not easy with this one (for me at least). Really wanted to love this. Pretty disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by missyjac

This pen is good in the beginning, cheap and easy to use. But after some time, i found difficulty in applying the liner on my lids as there would be a faint line/gaps/cracking. I'd have to use a seperate liner to fill in the gaps.

Staying power is okay, though. I go to the gym, sweat it out and the liner stays put mostly.

But due to the faint lines, i may not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So bad. Went on so transparently you could barely see the line (black brown), so had to go over it three times. Ran on to my lid within half an hour. Tried it with and without primer. No difference in colour payoff or durability. Returned for Stila liquid pen which has great colour payoff and lasts a long time. All day and all night with primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea why this has such bad reviews, but I'm glad I (for once) didn't check the rating before buying this! I love this one! I've used a lot of the pens over the years, including the PF Eye Booster marker, the L'oreal colour intense felt tip, the NYX big fat marker, the cover girl pen...and this one is easily the best.

This is a marker you truly have maneuverability and control over. I feel like I can just draw on my eyelid with no issues. You don't have to be SO careful with this one to avoid smudges like most. I get a nice smooth line, close to my lashes, and a damn near perfect wing every time. You can adjust the thickness of your line however you like; the tapered pen tip ends in a fine point but is versatile depending on what you want to do.

The formula is well-pigmented. I have it in black, and I think there is a blackest black version that was sold out when I went to buy it, but the black is totally fine for color and doesn't turn out gray. Nice and dark and not totally matte.

This stuff doesn't smudge, smear or fade away either. It's not waterproof but it's pretty damn budgeproof, and lasts until you wash it off basically. Last night I was working an outdoor event for work and was outside in 102 degree heat with 32% humidity for four hours, sweating quite a bit and this looked just as good when I got home as it did when I left.

My only minor issue is that it has a slightly odd smell while it's still wet. But it dries so fast and is otherwise so great that I don't care. HG liquid liner pen right here!