Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 4/18/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Decent but nothing special. I love the tip (can do thin or thick lines, easy to control), and it goes on black enough, but its staying power leaves something to be desired. It fades after a few hours and then it just looks grey and weak.

I really love this marker, personally. It is a good size, good price, hasn't dried out, and the felt tip is still just as pointy and crisp as it was when I bought it. The formula is watery, but it opaque enough for me. This does come of somewhat easily with water, but it's better than a lot of liners I've tried. I have oily lids, but haven't noticed it transferring. I use this for making winged liner. (I learned it from GossMakeupArtist's channel. It is so much easier than the whole angle brush shenanigan)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff!

PROS:
1. Stays on all day, whether or not you use a primer.

2. Felt tip makes it really easy to use and maneuver and much better than traditional liquid liner (with a brush).

3. Has a nice color.

CONS:
1. I wish there was maybe a little bit of flexibility on the pen part. It IS easy to use but being flexible would make it easier on the outer eye.

on 3/31/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I usually use Maybelline Masterprecise liner which I love but the store didn't happen to have that so I decided to try Revlon. I haven't even gotten the chane to wear it out yet and I probably won't ever. The line hardly shows up and I have to go over a view times. The tip is very uncomfortable on the eyelid and it seems that it's already drying though I've only used it two or three times. I won't be buying this product again.

on 3/30/2014 11:53:00 PM

With the first hour or so from application, it looks fine. Over the course of the day, I find it trailing to my under eyes, or building up in the corner of my eyes. I love the Revlon colorstay line, but I was pretty disappointed with this product.

on 3/30/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Just like the ColorStay Liquid liner, this product is HORRIBLE for watery eyes or those with oily lids. I happen to have both. Once drop of water near this and your whole liner will be smudged and you get raccoon eyes. The only great thing about this is the fact that it's easy to apply...and that's it.

If you have drier lids and your eyes don't tend to water, I'm sure this will work well for you, but everyone else should stay clear.

on 3/22/2014 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand the low rating for this pen. I bought one last May when I was in the US on holiday and it's still going strong. For me it's a piece of cake to use and stays on all day. I like the look of it and the fact that I can draw such a thin precise line so easily. I have the brown one which is perfect for a natural look. I've bought liner pens that cost twice as much (and more!) that lasted about a month and didn't work very well at all, so this one came as a pleasant surprise. For me it was better than both the Lancome and the MAC. If it ever runs out I'll definatey buy it again!

on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 AM

I absolutely loved this eyeliner for the 2 weeks it lasted me. It managed to cease existing after 2 weeks. It was either completely out or dried up super fast. I liked the felt tip because it made it easy for a winged line eye look. I refused to repurchase based on the fact that it dried up so unbelievably fast.

on 2/23/2014 7:48:00 PM

I bought this at CVS because a) I had a coupon and b) they were out of stock of my usual liner. I am on a never-ending quest for the best drugstore liquid liner and unfortunately, this is one that does not foot the bill. The felt tip is really stiff and does not carry a lot of product. I stored it horizontally as the package states and that did not help. After reading reviews on here I started storing it upside down but that didn't make much of a difference. If you have oily eyelids or do not use a primer, then this will smudge pretty quickly. It's hard to get a precise line and it takes me several passes to get an opaque line. I will not repurchase. If you want an okay felt-tip liquid liner you are better off buying e.l.f.'s for a few bucks.

on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM

I ended up buying one of these on a whim. I was initially quite happy with it - colour pay off is good, very opaque. Packaging is conveniently sized and shaped for use. It is super easy to apply this - as I said, the colour pay off is great and opaque, I find I only need to line the same area twice when I need to perfect or define a line. Downside is that this isn't a long lasting liner. Revlon calls it 'smudge proof up to 16 hours.' Mmm, definitely not. This is definitely a liner that requires multiple checks in a mirror throughout the day. It transfers at the slightest provocation, and if I'm not careful, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of a work day. I don't have time for fussy make-up. This make up does not stand up to working out, working, or drinking. If you want to look okay, and not like a drunk mess by the end of the day, don't bother with this stuff. Sorry Revlon!