April 16, 2014 | 2108 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sari1212

I love this foundation. It's very light and build able. Like any foundation though... The better condition your skin is in, the nicer it will look. Exfoliate and moisturize prior to applying. I have acne scars that this doesn't completely cover, so I dab on a little concealer where needed. Looks so natural! I also use an FX foundation brush which I highly recommend. You'll only need one pump for your face and it applies gorgeously.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After seeing that my local Sephora had started carrying Bobbi Brown products I couldn't help but want to try one of her foundations. I LOVE a natural, glowy finish so naturally I was attracted to the Skin foundation! And especially after hearing how much the pixiwoo sisters love it I just had to try it!

This foundation cost me $47 USD which is definitely pricey but I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation and I was willing to spend the money to try a cult favorite.

The packaging is wonderful. It comes in a simple glass bottle with a pump that is easily controlled, which is good seeing as the product is so liquidy.

This is a VERY liquidy formula with no discernible scent to it. I usually used a dense flat top brush to apply it or my fingers if I was feeling lazy. The finish is very skin-like with just a bit of natural glow. I would say coverage-wise it is on the lighter side of medium coverage. It helped my acne scars appear less noticeable but it would not do for major flaws. I also found it didn't build very well, it tended to start looking greasy. But just one layer blended really well looked FABULOUS.

Unfortunately, that is where my love for this foundation ends. I have rather sensitive and acne-prone skin so I usually know by the end of the day if a foundation isn't going to work for me. I got home from wearing this after a short 5 hour shift and not only had it started to look patchy, but it had caused clusters of nasty breakouts to build on my forehead.

So, as beautiful a finish as this foundation gives my skin did NOT like it. So back to Sephora it went :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

I really like this foundation for summer days when I just want to even out my skin tone and don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup. I have medium-light, Asian skin with yellow undertone and the Warm Beige is perfect. The sales rep at Sephora recommended just applying on places where I need to even out skin tone--on my cheeks and nose, mostly--and then blending it out. She was right; the finish is so natural that it's totally seamless.

Coverage is buildable from light to medium. The thin consistency makes it really easy to blend--and is surprising given the SPF content.

Be aware that it accentuates any dry/flaky patches, so exfoliation and proper moisturizing is key. It doesn't last all day, though primer and finishing powder help. But overall, a great product. I like this much better than MAC Face and Body, which has comparable coverage and texture but which rubs off/transfers like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Bobbi Brown's makeup for a plethora of reasons, and this foundation did not let me down, well, not for what it claims to do. Firstly, as with all of BB's shades, the color match is perfect. They tend to be yellow toned, which as Bobbi herself puts it looks more natural on everyone, cool, warm or neutral. I'd agree. For me, foundation should look like skin, just like this product promises and delivers. I have combination skin, that used to be dry. The older I've gotten the oilier I get throughout the day. If I want this foundation to really last the majority of the day (and I should clarify that imo, a foundation that only looks 'decent' at the end of the day has NOT lasted properly) I have to set it with a long-lasting powder, not just my NYX setting spray. Even then, it will show wear by the end of the day, especially if your day involves running around in a hot ass restaurant and sweating like swine. That being said, it wears away beautifully. Not splotchy which I loathe, but just fades naturally, making it looks even more natural and like skin. The packaging is stunning, and comes with a pump. I would recommend this to someone with dry-ish, normal, or *slightly* oily skin, unless you have a very low key day. Don't be scared to try this foundation. It's wonderful.
For reference, I have this in the color sand 2, though I haven't used it lately as I've been self-tanning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite foundation, I keep going back to it. It's quite light, so probably not suitable for someone who wants/needs more coverage - it's quite sheer. I sometimes use a little extra concealer around my nose and to touch up during the day. But it's a foundation I'm very happy with, not too heavy, keeps my skin looking natural and fresh.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Londongal33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the worst make up I ever bought. It crumbles on the skin after application, with or without primer, the coverage is very low and uneven, and my acne prone skin breaks out 2-3 hours after application. I wish I could return it, but I bought in Sephora in NYC on a trip, but now back home in London.... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

This is a light foundation that's between a tinted moisturizer and a moderate coverage foundation. I love it because it's goes on very natural and spreads evenly. I bought it as a cheap alternative to the Armani silk foundation, the texture of the two are very similar.
I mix it with my sunscreen as a part of my morning routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SophieEmma

I posted a photo of myself with a hat, wearing the Bobbi Brown skin foundation SPF 15, Warm Beige.
For years I could never find a nice foundation with a natural finish with enough coverage. Also, with my skintone. This foundation has just enough coverage to make your make up seem natural. I've had this foundation since I was 16 and now I'm turning 19.
A lot of people complain about the coverage that it's not enough, but I think it's perfect. I do have acne scars and this foundation does cover them, but not too much that you can see that it's covered by a layer of slapped on foundation.
People still ask me if I'm wearing make up, because when I wear this foundation you can barely see I'm wearing any.
What does make a great difference, is how you apply the foundation and how you take care of you skin. I tend to use mac and bobbi brown brushes, plus my hands from time to time just to set it right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have so many foundations and am never loyal to one. I had this but am on the hunt for one that will give me a natural slightly dewy finish.
I tried GA LSF but unfortunately it wasnt dewy but matte and drying even though i have quite normal skin. Ive realised between this and MAC F&B I think its the best Im going to get. I def have to wear a primer as otherwise it doesnt last.
Shadewise I am very yellow but find 4.5 Warm Natural a bit too light and 5 honey a bit too dark so I have both and mix 2 parts honey to 1 part w natural. Becuase the consistency is quite fluid its better using a brush (i use RT Efb) rather than my beautyblender.
I do think as there is a difference between the shades there needs to be one in between. However this doesnt seem to be the case with the foundation stick as I think the honey shade in Skin is more range than the stick
Im not really fussed about pumps ut this one is nice because with a full pump you dont get a lot of product so it doesnt go to waste.
I wouod repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like the finish of this foundation. It has a slightly luminescent quality about it. It is pretty thin and feels light on the face. Due to the high SPF content, it does not photograph very well. In person it does look great. I often get compliments on my skin when I wear this.