Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 11/26/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Normally around 9$ in Canada, I got a bunch of Revlon lipsticks on sale for 4$ at Jean Coutu.

I love matte lipsticks and for 4$ this is THE BOMB. Even for the 'higher' drugstore price of 9$ I would by happy with it. Good bang for buck.

Very matte, good staying power, great colour on me, when it does fade seems to face evenly and still looks good.

Only complaint is that you need to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized.... otherwise this will not work out so well for you!

on 11/13/2013 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

The name says it all.. this lipstick is, uh, really red. I was looking for a lipstick that would help me to achieve a vintage look. I bought this product after reading that it was a near-dupe for MAC Ruby Woo, which many people swear by (but I don't wear red lipstick often enough to justify the price). I was worried that Revlon Really Red would look odd with my pale skin, but it looks fine. I like the matte formula that isn't shimmery, shiny or smelly (just make sure that your lips are well-moisturized first).

on 10/30/2013 5:37:00 PM

Beware of the dryness...

on 10/28/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I admit, despite seeing consistently high reviews for this lipstick all over the internet, I was skeptical to actually put money towards it. Today I thought "Why not," and decided to give it a try. I'm SO glad I did.

It goes on like a normal lipstick, but it's definitely a matte finish! The coverage and pigmentation are wonderful, as is the cheap price tag - especially compared to the non-drug store brands' matte lines.

This is the perfect matte red. It flatters my skin tone and doesn't dry my lips at all. <3 My only complains is that I wish Revlon would make more shades in matte finishes!

on 10/28/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

love it! I'm a red girl at heart and this is gorgeous on my olive skin as well as my pale friend. love it's smooth consistency as well! have 2 of these at all times!

This lipstick is great. It has as a blue base which makes it perfect for cold toned skins - the look is more 30's and 40's rather than the bright cherry 50's style red. It is matte but doesn't lack moisture, can be worn smudged on with finger for less of an evening look and coated with gloss. I have fairly thin lips but I often skip liner with this, long lasting and looks good against teeth without making them yellow. Would make an ideal first lipstick for someone looking to explore red shades for the first time.

The black and silver tube is pretty, although i'd prefer a vintage looking case to match the lovely colour inside.

Definitely recommend this.

on 10/18/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Makeup Alley reviewers, you did not dissapoint me! This is the most AMAZING red!
I can't stop looking in the mirror and admiring this on my lips. I'm a medium, olivey tan, and a lot of reds make me look dark and yellowy. Not this!
I wanted a TRUE, STRIKING, SUPER SEXY RED, and I've found it ~ Gonna go buy another for backup!

on 10/16/2013 6:23:00 PM

This is an amazing, classic lipstick! The red is THE perfect shade of red and it is universally flattering (it looks good on me during the summer with tan skin and in the pale skinned winters). I love the matte finish on this because I feel like it looks more classic that way and it just looks better on me personally that way! It lasts a long time, especially with liner, and would even make a good stain if you just put a little on and rubbed it in! The packaging is great too because it looks more expensive than it is! Definitely recommend!

on 9/15/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love love love

on 9/14/2013 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The Top 10 reasons I should throw out every red lipstick I own and just have this one:
1) Gorgeous neutral red on me--no orange, no pink--(am NW25 for reference)
2) Wonderfully matte, but not drying
3) Wearing power was exceptional through hours of eating/drinking
4) As it slightly diminished by 9, it wore off evenly
5) Paired well with Rimmel liner "1000 Kisses-#021 Red Dynamite"
6) Stayed put--did not slide off my lips, nor get on my teeth
7) The color is amazingly beautiful--so rich--so classic
8) Brightened face not in a harsh way, but in an easy-on-the-eyes way
9) The price was $4.99 at Walmart
10)This is hands down the best color, best texture, most wearable, timeless red lipstick I have worn at a very affordable price!

Popular Lipsticks