December 22, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by arunciblespoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is great. It has as a blue base which makes it perfect for cold toned skins - the look is more 30's and 40's rather than the bright cherry 50's style red. It is matte but doesn't lack moisture, can be worn smudged on with finger for less of an evening look and coated with gloss. I have fairly thin lips but I often skip liner with this, long lasting and looks good against teeth without making them yellow. Would make an ideal first lipstick for someone looking to explore red shades for the first time.

The black and silver tube is pretty, although i'd prefer a vintage looking case to match the lovely colour inside.

Definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Makeup Alley reviewers, you did not dissapoint me! This is the most AMAZING red!
I can't stop looking in the mirror and admiring this on my lips. I'm a medium, olivey tan, and a lot of reds make me look dark and yellowy. Not this!
I wanted a TRUE, STRIKING, SUPER SEXY RED, and I've found it ~ Gonna go buy another for backup!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by classic33

This is an amazing, classic lipstick! The red is THE perfect shade of red and it is universally flattering (it looks good on me during the summer with tan skin and in the pale skinned winters). I love the matte finish on this because I feel like it looks more classic that way and it just looks better on me personally that way! It lasts a long time, especially with liner, and would even make a good stain if you just put a little on and rubbed it in! The packaging is great too because it looks more expensive than it is! Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by tressblessed

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Top 10 reasons I should throw out every red lipstick I own and just have this one:
1) Gorgeous neutral red on me--no orange, no pink--(am NW25 for reference)
2) Wonderfully matte, but not drying
3) Wearing power was exceptional through hours of eating/drinking
4) As it slightly diminished by 9, it wore off evenly
5) Paired well with Rimmel liner "1000 Kisses-#021 Red Dynamite"
6) Stayed put--did not slide off my lips, nor get on my teeth
7) The color is amazingly beautiful--so rich--so classic
8) Brightened face not in a harsh way, but in an easy-on-the-eyes way
9) The price was $4.99 at Walmart
10)This is hands down the best color, best texture, most wearable, timeless red lipstick I have worn at a very affordable price!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by anushkaa7

This is my first real red lipstick and also my first matte one. And I absolutely love it !! i was a bit reluctant about buying a matte lipstick but I'm super glad i got this one !!! the colour is lovely. The lipstick is very easy to apply on my lips and it stays on for a long while. It also keeps my lips moist, something i didn't really expect from a matte lipstick. I wasn't sure bout a revlon product as i was disappointed by their eyeshadows but this lipstick has won them points from my behalf. In all, i'm really pleased with my pick ... (can't wait for morning to apply and go to the Uni) :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this sometime late last winter, wore it like 3 days and threw it in my "meh, maybe someday" makeup bag. I thought it was too orange at the time. Yesterday I pulled it out and now I think this may be my new go to. ( I have worn NYC Retro Red all spring and summer but with fall approaching and me losing my slight tan Retro Red looks a bit off to me and I'm liking this much much more). To me, Really Red is a tomato red, fairly neutral but surely leaning a bit to the warm side of red even though it does seem to have some blue in it. That may seem to contradict but to me thats what it is. I've worn coral/orange reds exclusively a few years ago then went on to only bright true or blue based reds (Wet-n-wild Stoplight Red, MAC Russian Red, and NYX Snow White were my favorites) I am lucky as even though I am cooler toned (pink undertones) I am neutral enough ( I do have yellow in my skin) to pull of slightly warm tones depending on my foundation. Although, this does make it harder to find the perfect colors. This spring I gave up my more expensive fuller coverage drgstore foundations for Wet-n-Wilds Coverall which, on me, is much more natural looking and slightly warmer that what I am used to. I can pull off both Light or fair/light in Coverall. If I wear light which is slightly dark on me I wear Retro Red lipstick but now I am wearing fair/light and may make that my permanent year round choice and Really Red seems to look so much better on me. Really Red is matte, but not overdrying, and its long wearing. You will need to touch up occasionally. It doesn't smear (at least on me) It feels a bit "thick" to me yet applies smooth, even and full coverage with one coat. No liner needed, I just perfect it with a lip brush. I think its a vintage red,- but maybe more a 40ish style red (or even a early 60's Mad Men red) since its slightly warm and very classic looking. It is not a bright cherry red (like a 50's red). Its not a screaming fire engine red either but still a notice me red. Fact is, this is the only red I have worn that my husband has said "look at those beautiful red lips" and I wear red lipstick EVERY single day- I only own red lippies. Really Red is probably the most "natural" red I have worn and right now it really seems to brighten my face- my other reds are to dark, making me to pale or pulling "clown-like" on me. I can get Really Red for around $7.00 at my local grocery store(so convienent), which is half the price of MAC but just as good quality. Probably still not my HG red (weather my husband noticed it or not), and I doubt I will ever find my HG red at this point, but its still great- I have already bought a backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

A wonderful true matte red lipstick. I think Revlon makes some of the best drugstore lipsticks and this one is no exception! The color pay off is incredible, and the product itself lasts a long time. Just make sure to prime or moisturize your lips before putting this on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is AMAZING. The minute I applied this lipstick I felt so sophisticated and glamorous. I have super dry lips and have always had trouble finding a lipstick that doesn't flake or sink into the creases of my lips. I'm just now exploring the lipstick world, and was scared to try such a bold color let alone a matte. It is extremely smooth when first applying and does not make your lips feel tight or dry. The color payoff is crazy fantastic for $7 (found at Ulta). The color is a deeper yet classic red that makes my teeth look so incredibly white. I'm fair-medium with cool undertones and blue eyes and it really makes my eyes pop as well! Can be a daytime as well as nighttime color. I can't believe it took me so long to finally snag this lipstick! HG red lipstick for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by dangsusiQ

Every woman should own one of these. Not drying, easy application, class red and dirt cheap for amazing quality.