September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I liked this primer potion because it gives a fun shimmery base to work with. Warning: It is very pigmented, so this is by no means a subtle primer. It did a good job of keeping my eyeshadow on but I do need to give a disclaimer. If you use this with eye cream, it is significantly less effective. For that I took off a star. Still a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I've gone through three of the primer potions in full size XL doe foot applicator one bottle. Now I have the squeeze tube version of it. I've been using this primer for about four years or so. It's a beautiful shimmery champagne color. Sometimes when I'm in a rush I wear it alone with the UD liquid liner. Over the years, my eye lids haven't become oilier I think? Because the primer is creasing after four hours or so outdoors. I live in humid FL and it's impossible to not spend time outdoors and not sweat. But this primer is not holding up to the humidity and creases like crazy. It's pricey too but the bottle lasts you forever and I use this daily. Will be on a hunt for a new HG primer that doesn't crease and can withstand my oily lids and humid weather.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm finally trying Urban Decay's immensely popular Primer Potion in the shade Sin. Urban Decay says their Primer Potion is "the most legendary primer in the beauty industry. Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on – an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it." Urban Decay offers their iconic eye primer in four shades. The full sized Primer Potion contains 11ml (.37 fl oz) an retails for $20; Urban Decay also offers a 7ml (.13 fl oz) mini size for $9. Urban Decay does no test on animals, though the brand is now owned by L'Oreal. This eye primer is made in America.
Urban Decay's Primer Potions come in two different types of packaging. The full sized Primer Potion comes in a squeeze tube, the product name and Urban Decay logo are printed on the front of the tube. The minis come to you in a curvy, hard plastic tube. The uniquely shaped cap twists off to reveal a bent doe foot applicator. The product name is printed on the front of the bottle. About half of the paint has chipped or rubbed off the bottle, which isn't attractive.
Urban Decay's Primer Potion is legendary, I feel like the only person in the entire beauty blogging community that hasn't tried it yet. I have to say, for me, this eye primer didn't live up to the hype for me. The Sin Primer Potion is a smooth, thin, slightly creamy eye primer that glides on and is a cinch to blend. This primer doesn't really seem to help eyeshadows apply more smoothly, but it does slightly improve blendability. Sin improves color payoff by about 50%. Because Sin is a colored eye primer, I hoped I could wear it as a one and done subtle cream eyeshadow. My hopes were dashed though - Sin just can't make it for more than a few hours without creasing. We aren't talking just a little line of product in the crease. Nope, I'm talking full on, all product bunched up in the crease with no trace of it on the lid. What? Urban Decay you said your Primer Potions would NEVER CREASE. Surely it performs better with eyeshadow over the top of it. Once again, no. I can get another hour or so from Sin, but still for a primer the wear is pathetically short.
Urban Decay describes Sin as a "champagne shimmer" which is pretty accurate. Sin is a sheer, pinky tan shade with gold micro shimmer. I really like the color, its flattering and super subtle - it looks great on it's own. I particularly like to pair Sin with Urban Decay's YDK eyeshadow. Sin has a subtle but interesting effect on any eyeshadow layered over it, it adds a fair bit of warmth to all colors and seems to boost the shimmer effect significantly as well.
I like a lot of things about Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin, but overall the formula disappoints me. This eye primer is blendable and assists in application. Sin is a lovely neutral shade that gives any eyeshadow a warm, interesting twist. I'm very disappointed in how quickly this eye primer creases. I don't even have oily eyelids! Maybe Sin will work better for those with dry lids. If I was going to drop $20 on a high end primer I'd opt for Too Faced Shadow Insurance over Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I believe Too Faced also offers a similar shade as well. I won't be repurchasing, nor will I continue to use this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mikih87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primers in general, but Sin is such a lovely color alone! Sometimes I like to use it as a highlighter under my eyebrows or in the corners of my eyes. This primer has given me the best results with long wear and non-creasing for my oily skin, I definitely recommend this eyeshadow primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is a little better than the original because it makes your eyeshadow more vibrant since it has color to it but my eyeshadows still creased after a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

so I got this mini size of primer from UD vegan palette. i thought the shimmer color is really pretty but I wasn't really happy with the staying power. one day i tried to swatch my stila eyeshadow, the same color in nothing hill. i apply the same amount of primer; one side is this UD the other side is nyx hd primer. the result was unbelievable, the nyx one holds the eyeshadow longer than the UD. lol just so myself know. thankfully this was a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the full size (with the bent applicator) from sephora and I prefer this packaging to the squeeze tube so I have more control over the application. I love this product. It's long-lasting and works well alone as a shimmery pick-me-up over my lids as well as a complimentary base for earthy fall colors. Not as versatile as the original primer potion though; there are certain colors that wouldn't go well with it and u can't really write other colors over because the champagne shimmers shows through very well. I wouldn't repurchase this but I will certainly enjoy it in my makeup case for as long as it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my, how I adore this primer... It gives such a beautiful champagne color for a base, which is a huge plus for me because of the colors I use. If you like the Naked Palette, you will love this. If you tend to go more to browns and pinks, this will be an amazing base! And the primer itself is outstanding! It lasts all day literally and has no creasing and no fallout! ADORE THIS PRIMER! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works just as well as the orginal UDPP, but can be used alone as a beautiful bronze wash. Shimmery, with just the right amount of tint. I like using this when I wear bronze/gold/browns/smokey looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by MES

Another product that I have been lusting after forever, and finally decided to buy. I've used the original before, but was really drawn to this because it's pigmentation. I feel like my eyelids are a weird color, and I feel like this gives me an extra layer of coverage. I several shadows in this color family of taupe and champagne, and this is the perfect base for those. I also like that the color allows me to see where and how much primer I have on. I'm loving the squeeze tube as well. Always hated the doe foot applicator, just seemed unsanitary and wasteful. Being a liquid/cream in a tube also mean this product wont dry out like potted primers. Last by not least my pretty shimmery shadow looks just as good after 10 hours as it did when I applied in the morning. UDPP in Sin is an all around winner.