December 22, 2014 | 1742 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this and the pressed version and I've been using it since it came out. It doesn't conceal redness completely for me but it makes my skin smooth and even and provides a good base for powder (I use clinique's almost powder) I'm not sure it treats my rosacea which I think its said to, but I just like the finish it gives me as a make up base.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mles33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the pressed powder version of this. I love the packaging, the mirror and brush are both really good. I also really like the powder. It's not as good as foundation or anything like that, and it only lasts a few hours, but it does cover redness pretty well. It is very easy and quick to apply and blends really well despite being yellow. I wouldn't recommend it for and big event or night out, because for that I would think you would want a foundation and even concealer. What I mainly use it for are those days I wake up late and am rushing out to get to class or if I'm just running out to the store and I just need something quick to even out my skin. Overall it is a good product but it doesn't quite take the place of foundation or concealer. Its best layered over other makeup or on days you want lighter coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've owned this for well over two years and have tried to use it many times. It does nothing to cover the redness around my nose and and on my chin, it wears off almost immediately and is generally not a pleasant powder to use. I just never reach for it and I'm tired of it taking up space so today I'm throwing it out. I've tried using it on its own, under make-up, over make-up and as a setting powder (it doesn't blend as well as others), and nothing works. A waste of money and space.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by katiecreature

Gotta say, this is my life saver. I have rather pale skin, and I blush at anything. Anything. And it doesn't go away - if I get all flustered or hot but then calm down, my face stays beetroot for a good 20, 30 minutes or until I can go sit down somewhere by myself for a while. It's always been rather embarrassing, and I'm a musician so I'm always under hot lights. I got a sample of this off ebay a few years ago when it just came out, and I've loved it ever since. I've since bought another sample size, and more recently a full size one and I don't anticipate it running out anytime soon. The sample sizes did me for half a year, and the full size is BIG.

Pros: instant effect, doesn't show up yellow on your face, discreet, very effective
Cons: wears off after a while, and in extreme circumstances doesn't work so well. If you apply too much over very red skin you just end up looking bizarre, as the red will still shine through.

I wear very little makeup, just a bit of concealer, this, and a dust of mineral foundation over my cheeks. If I'm using liquid foundation for a night out, I'll put this powder over the top of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rayedrgn

Powder goes on but it does not do much for redness besides making my skin look "yellow" and red. Think it would work better if they made it a green powder instead. I also think the color is too vibrant and bright.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by phillykate16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Aaagh! I was so happy to be able to purchase this powder (especially since I got a GWP at Clinique), but this is my second day wearing it and I literally want to claw my skin off, it itches so much. I keep looking in the mirror, expecting for my face to be red and blotchy from this reaction I'm having to it, but it isn't really -- I guess that's a plus :). If this product worked, I really wouldn't mind paying the price for it, even though it's definitely the most expensive powder I've ever purchased. I had a similar reaction to a Physician's Formula mineral bronzer from the drugstore, but had expected that a Clinique product marketed to those of us with sensitive/easily-irritated skin would have a better formula--no such luck. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, i got a sample of this product from sephora and i thought it really canceled out the redness in my tan skin. It is the BEST discovery I made in loose powder. The reason I have NC40 with very yellow undertones and this powder is the perfect setting powder after my foundation, it doesnt darken up my foundation and actually makes my skintone look healthy and natural. I got this in full size in loose powder form. I know this powder is for rosacea, but it is a good knock off of t.clerac banane powder. I was actually going to buy in ben nye banana powder online but most sites selling ben nye dont look legit to me. when I got the sephora sample, I knew I had to get this rather than ben nye. I will continue to use this because clinique is readily available and affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by coquettebrunette

I recently just started using the Clinique Redness Relief Pressed Mineral Powder and I'm loving it! When you pair this with the Redness Relief Foundation it really helps to cover up my persistent and moderate rosacea, and it's perfect for touch-ups during the day. I have tried everything from MAC,Origins, Aveda, and Bare Escentuals to try and cover my redness. None of these companies have helped my skin and I ended up wasting my money for foundation and powder that never covered all of my redness and increased my skin irritation.
The combination of the Redness Relief Foundation and the Redness Relief Pressed Mineral Powder has worked the best for me so far. If you go to Nordstrom's they will let you try it and return or exchange it if it doesn't work for you-so it's definitely worth a try if you have been suffering from trying to cover your redness from rosacea and/or acne. If you're debating please try it, it may help you as much as it has helped me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

NOTE: This review is for the Redness Relief Mineral PRESSED Powder.
I use this mainly as a powder for touch-ups throughout the day, although it works well as a finishing powder too!
First off, let me say this doesn't have a dramatic power in reducing redness. You do need to pair it with an effective primer and/or green concealers etc. So I would say that the correcting effect is really mild, not suitable if you have serious redness issues, such as rosacea, bad acne etc.
However, I only get red cheeks and nose especially with the cold weather or dramatic temperature changes (inside/outside), and this works just fine!

A list of pros:
- mild corrector of redness
- very finely milled, so it looks transparent and 100% natural on skin
- possibly it has some calming effect
- really handy to keep in my purse for touch-ups
- it can be layered and the yellow never shows off too obviously
Cons:
- consider buying something else if your redness is very obvious
- quite pricey
- I don't understand the open holes on the back of the packaging. It feels like it lets bacteria in so easily!

One final consideration:
a) this does NOT mattify. Don't buy this if you need oil control.
In sum: do buy this if you have mild redness, normal to dry sensitive skin and need a compact powder! I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ESTHETICIANNM

It now comes in a pressed powder..woohoo. I love the Clinique stay matte but have found this does the same job..keeping my makeup in place and keeping my oil at bay. The one thing I noticed however is that because it is a "yellow" powder and I'am so pale that it really evens out my skintone lovely. No matter the amount of touch ups I do its nice because it doesnt DARKEN my foundation. I love it! I do use my own brush because the one it comes with is a joke LOL!