E.L.F. Nourishing Cuticle Pen

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, tocopherol, ascorbyl, panthenol, aloe vera oil

on 2/9/2012 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim after seeing how cheap it was. I tried it out when I got home, and wasn't impressed with the results immediately. After using it a few more times, I am pleased with the results. I have perfect cuticles now, and no more hang nails! For me, this is a must have for any home manicure kit. I also enjoy the fact that there are several "real" ingredients in this, like grape seed oil, avocado oil, and aloe vera oil. It dries quickly and isn't oil or runny. Aesthetically, the pen is nice and very modern looking, but a bit plain.
For the low cost and good results, I will be buying this again for my at home pampering.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Prior to using this ELF cuticle pen, I had the Burt's Bee's Lemon Cuticle Cream which always made my nails less brittle but it had dried out and become a strange texture so I had to throw it away. The benefit of the ELF pen is that it is way more convenient to apply than dipping your finger into a tin and applying cream to your nails. You just swipe this over your cuticles (and I recommend whole nail) and let it absorb. It cuts down on nail breakage and isn't very greasy. My one complaint about the packaging is that it is bulky and the pen tip is similar to a highlighter. I wish it was it came with a brush but I guess it's also kind of fun to feel like you are coloring in your nail with a marker.

on 1/15/2012 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I always have it in my purse to keep my nails presentable during the day.

I have it for over 1/2 year now and it didn't dry out. If yours did or you had a problem with the tip, that just means it was faulty (it's quite frequent with E.L.F. products).

on 1/9/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had it for more than 5 months and it hasn't dried out yet which is quite surprising since a lot of e.l.f.'s liquid products are unusable after a few weeks. I haven't used it much during this time but just the fact that it still works makes it worth that dollar. It moisturizes the cuticles quite well but this is my first product of this kind so I have nothing to compare it to. It's not great but it's useful, cheap and it does the job.

on 11/15/2011 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

so easy to use and i really do find it moisturises my cuticles! and on top of that, its dirt cheap!!

on 10/19/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. It works well and moisturizes my cuticles right away. I wouldn't say that this pen prevents dry cuticles but at least I don't have to apply it so often, I only need to do it about once a day. The pen tip is firm but I didn't have a problem personally. I like that the oil dries on the skin quickly and does not leave a greasy feeling on my fingers. I also love how its in a pen form, making it super easy to carry around with me. I've never tried any other cuticle oils or pens so that's why it only gets a 4/5 but I would still highly recommend this. It's only a $1 too!!

This product works well for me! Whenever I have dry cuticles, I use this! I've used lots of cuticle oils, but I think this works just as well as most of them! For $1, its cheap, and unlike a cuticle oil, which you have to rub onto your cuticles, you can just slide the sponge tip brush across them!

on 9/27/2011 12:16:00 PM

Didn't really moisturize my cuticles at all. It was also very hard to apply because it didn't seem like the applicator got wet enough, but it could possibly be that I got a dud that was already dried out. It went completely dry after about a month and into the trash it went. Will never repurchase.

on 9/27/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is horrible!! The pen is similar to permanent marker pens, you know, the ones you use to mark words and sentence in books and notes and stuff? The tip is really hard and it's painful to use it. My skin around my cuticles gets irritated because I have to rub so hard to get the product out. I don't know how much product is really in there, but as soon as I put it down on my dresser or table, the tip is dry.

I would much rather see this with an brush application like the E.L.F Hypershine Lip Gloss have, were you can twist and the product comes out, all you have to then is apply it with the soft brush tip, no hard rubbing to get the product out.

I also don't really like the oil, it doesn't do anything for me at all, my cuticles dry up again after a little while.
I'm glad I only paid 1$, because if I've paid more I would have really regretted it. I will not be buying this again.

Do not buy this cuticle pen! I would much rather recommend the Born Pretty revitalizing cuticle oil pens, they are awesome!!

on 8/22/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

I've been using this cuticle pen for quite some time as a sealant oil when applying moisture to my cuticles, but I somehow forgot to write a review. I love this nourishing cuticle pen! For $1, I got great natural oils located in a convient pen style applicator for my cuticles. I like the stiff applicator because I can also gently push back my cuticles with it. I will definitely be stocking up on this cuticle pen and I recommend it to my friends who are just getting into nail care. You cant beat the price. Pick this up if you see it!

Popular Treatments