Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

on 9/29/2012 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Don't..
It left white patches unevenly all over the skin despite nanotechnology with these ingredients , and it felt like tack ..it was nearly impossible to wash off. It did prevent sunburns and is broad spectrum though.
If you want a sunblock with titanium dioxide/zinc oxide I recommend 'Eucerine Everyday Protection Face Lotions 30'. It still flakes but the flaking is not as bad and it is easier to wash off.

on 7/21/2012 5:03:00 PM

There are sunscreens that are safer, ingredient-wise. And this does leave a white cast, and it takes real scrubbing in the shower to get all traces off your skin. But it works. I am very fair-skinned, and my chest burns very easily, and this does the job of protecting the area for a long time. Also, it has not broken me out. But I would not use it on my face, as it's thick, and because it really stays put.

This suncreen does its job. I used it on my face and body and it perfectly protected my skin against sunburns, even after staying in the sun for many hours. However, this product made my face SO oily and shiny, I was just pouring oil!!! Not to mention the white cast that it left, which was super difficult to blend. When used on my body, it stuck to my skin so bad that I had to scrub it to remove it. I will never buy this sunscreen again.

on 7/10/2012 6:58:00 PM

Bought this on a whim because I needed a sunscreen, I was using Eucerin Daily Moisturizer with SPF but that was breaking me out... I love this sunscreen, it's perfect, rubs in with no white cast. Doesnt break me out and you cant beat the 60 spf! Love that it doesnt contain avobenzone as i read that stains clothes pretty bad.
So far so good :)

on 6/22/2012 4:31:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I've been using this sunblock for everyone in my family and it worked wonderfully well. No one gets rashes or allergy , break out , or dry damage skin after using it. I've been doing it for over 3 years. I live in a very dry hot climate and sunblock is a must. I tried coppertone, hawaiian tropic, and various organic baby sunblock in the past but I've always had issues with them causing skin allergies, they run, or they simply didn't protect my skin long enough. Titanium and zinc oxides are their basic natural sunblocks. It is water proof and I can even use it on my face without it causing breakout or run into my eyes. Even babies and children get very good result with sun protection when I use this on them. What I love even more it that it looks amazing when I mix a little of my mineral makeup with this sunblock to provide a tinted sunblock. My face is so smooth, and pretty like I actually have a primer on. It covers any blemishes I have without looking like I am wearing makeup. Serioiusly, people asked me what I used to make my skin to beautiful even in the hot sun. it didn't even fade, smear, or drip off when I spent time at the beach. It's one thing to be a sunblock, it's another thing to also be a cosmetic enhancement. I could never achieve this look with the other sunblocks. It does have a white cast so if you do not like the white cast, you can put a bronzer over it. Or you can mix bronzer with sunblock for that natural sun tan look. For some reason, everyone in my family looked better with it on, even the babies. People often complimented on the babies on how pretty they look when I put sunblock on for them. It lasts for about 60 minutes and is waterproof. it even made my mineral makeup waterproof too!

on 4/17/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very sensitive skin and this is the only sun block that doesn't seem to irritate my skin. It generally does what it's supposed to do and isn't greasy, and smells ok. I use it on a regular basis.

on 4/15/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very sensitive, very pasty, skin. This is a physical sunscreen that doesn't irritate or break me out. My skin is not particularly dry, so this also acts as my AM moisturizer- I feel quite soft after putting this on, and it doesn't get greasy midday. (I do set this with powder). I don't notice a white cast, but I am pale, so that could be a reason. I find that it blends well into the skin and doesn't feel heavy. I also have the swivel stick of this that I love as well- though it has a more noticeable 'cast'- but I don't use that on my face, anyway. I will continue to repurchase.

Oh! I also love this under makeup. I wear in the evenings as a primer, and it makes my skin look lovely. It is also one of the reasons why I can now leave the house with only powder- the texture of my skin looks great with this on. :)

on 4/6/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only sunscreen I've used with an spf over 15 that doesn't trigger my acne. It does contain zinc oxide, which means it goes on pretty white. You have to rub it in quite a bit to blend it into your skin. I find the whitish cast goes subsides after waiting 5 minutes. If you have acne prone skin that doesn't tolerate chemical sunscreens, this might be a really good option for you.

To eliminate the white cast of this product, I mix it with just a little mineral makeup 2 shades DARKER than my normal shade. It removes the white cast and becomes a really nice beauty balm.

on 6/26/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I used this on my arms feet and legs, and I was glowing Avatar blue!

on 6/22/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

People are under the misconception that babies and small children can be in the sun longer than they should be, and that's why they burn. Every 15-30 minutes you put your kid in the shade no matter how much they protest or no matter what SPF you're using. I don't care if it's SPF 100. Babies can get heat stroke and sunburn so easily, and doctors will tell you the same thing. Also, no SPF is waterproof or sweat resistant. That's been proven. You need an SPF with a high UVA/UVB protection. Kids get sun damage, too. Every time they burn or their skin peels, that's damage for life. You need a golf ball sized amount for your entire adult body, every two hours. So, just half that amount for your child based on their size. Neutrogena has some of the best for the price.