October 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and this is the only sun block that doesn't seem to irritate my skin. It generally does what it's supposed to do and isn't greasy, and smells ok. I use it on a regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kayladsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, very pasty, skin. This is a physical sunscreen that doesn't irritate or break me out. My skin is not particularly dry, so this also acts as my AM moisturizer- I feel quite soft after putting this on, and it doesn't get greasy midday. (I do set this with powder). I don't notice a white cast, but I am pale, so that could be a reason. I find that it blends well into the skin and doesn't feel heavy. I also have the swivel stick of this that I love as well- though it has a more noticeable 'cast'- but I don't use that on my face, anyway. I will continue to repurchase.

Oh! I also love this under makeup. I wear in the evenings as a primer, and it makes my skin look lovely. It is also one of the reasons why I can now leave the house with only powder- the texture of my skin looks great with this on. :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only sunscreen I've used with an spf over 15 that doesn't trigger my acne. It does contain zinc oxide, which means it goes on pretty white. You have to rub it in quite a bit to blend it into your skin. I find the whitish cast goes subsides after waiting 5 minutes. If you have acne prone skin that doesn't tolerate chemical sunscreens, this might be a really good option for you.

To eliminate the white cast of this product, I mix it with just a little mineral makeup 2 shades DARKER than my normal shade. It removes the white cast and becomes a really nice beauty balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this on my arms feet and legs, and I was glowing Avatar blue!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

People are under the misconception that babies and small children can be in the sun longer than they should be, and that's why they burn. Every 15-30 minutes you put your kid in the shade no matter how much they protest or no matter what SPF you're using. I don't care if it's SPF 100. Babies can get heat stroke and sunburn so easily, and doctors will tell you the same thing. Also, no SPF is waterproof or sweat resistant. That's been proven. You need an SPF with a high UVA/UVB protection. Kids get sun damage, too. Every time they burn or their skin peels, that's damage for life. You need a golf ball sized amount for your entire adult body, every two hours. So, just half that amount for your child based on their size. Neutrogena has some of the best for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this for my kids aged 6 and 1 . My 6 yr old has eczema ... In One Way this could be one of the safest sunscreens available for her bcoz of the Zinc Oxide and titanium dioxide... But since it doesn't have much hydrating or moisturizing stuff in it , it is a pain to spread all over her body... So i use Curel or Aveeno underneath.
...
But for my 1 yr old it spreads good and i don't see white spots on her ...She's got medium fair skin...
I see white spots on my 6 yr old.. Hers is a medium dark skin... I wonder how most of the fair skinned people gave reviews saying it leaves white tint ... They could try like me , a moisturizer underneath this Sunscreen.

This Could have been better if it came in a spray form...Same good Oxides with more moisturizers ... I 'd still buy if the price is a little more with all the better stuff i said ... Neutrogena Please !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I have two priorities when it comes to sunblock: Block the stupid sun and don't poison me with endocrine disruptors or carcinogens.

This formula is relatively safe and I feel comfortable using it on my kids.

I am a SERIOUS sunblocker, I don't mess around so I get that you have to reapply. People who are getting burned may be under the mistaken idea that you don't need to reapply your product. SPF 60 doesn't really mean diddly; you must reapply every 2 hours or hourly if you're sweating.

Because I have to wear sunblock every day I'm uber-picky about the smell and I pretty much HATE the smell of 99% of the sunblocks out there. This one does not have an offensive smell and that is a huge plus.

What I don't like about it is that after a while it starts to show up again on your skin. After a little while I will start to see white gathering in the crease on my arm, stuff like that. I don't really care.

People have mentioned that it can be hard to rub in and make appear white. Again, I don't really care. I don't use it on my face and I would not recommend it as a facial sunblock; use one meant for the face. It's pretty thick, seems pore clogging.

In order to buy a safe (as in chemically safe) sunblock you can end up spending upwards of $20 a bottle for just a few ounces. With myself and two kids to slather all summer long this product is a great find. Let's just hope they don't discover some new deadly ingredient.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

*If you have questions about the Neutrogena Pure&Free Baby Sunblock, you can message me! I'll be glad to help :)

**I have used a chemical sunscreen(Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil Free SPF45) before and the ingredients(Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone) in it just irritated my skin and caused me to have redness, irritations, and rashes on my face. If that happens to you, I really suggest you to switch to physical sunblock. The ingredients in physical sunblock contains the active ingredients: Titanium dioxide and Zinc. :)

-----Pros:-----
Physical Sunblock
No breakouts/rashes/irritations
High SPF
Lightweight
No sticky feeling
Affordable (10$~3oz)
Packaging(Squeeze tube)
Doesn't make your face oilier through the day
Less is more!
Dries matte
Great under face makeup
Lasts all day (set w/powder) ~ I use MAC Careblend

-----Cons:-----
Thick
Can leave a white cast so don't use too much!
Can be hard to blend (Work fast!)
Lasts 1-3 hours without setting powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Monica1210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Japanese liquid sunscreen. I picked this one up for my body. The price is OK and the SPF is high enough for me. However, the texture is too thick and it is hard to blend. I haven't use it on my face yet. But as I use it on my skin, it is really too thick and I need to apply a big amount on my entire body.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Considering there is such a low content of both mineral sunblockers in this, it is surprising how white your face turns and stays that way, even under makeup. I have been trying to use this several different ways with varying success. To get the matte look it must be applied to bare skin and then it sucks all the moisture from my already parched skin. With jojoba oil underneath it looks better but stays super shiny and still shows up white with dry patches. With moisturiser pretty much the same thing.

Pros though, it does not irritate my sensitive skin and works a treat on the neck and chest area. My neck and chest are naturally darker than my face.

Your makeup also creases after a few hours in the eye area.

I am going to use it up as I'm not wasting the money even though it doesn't look the best as it's still better than no sun protection, plus as long as it's not triggering skin issues I tend to be a frugal stay at home mum. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No