Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

2.6

Came in a kit so was cheap for me. The worst brush I've ever used. Bristles were way too hard and stiff and didn't give a good result with powder, they also shed all the time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to agree with the majority of reviewers on this brush... there are just too many negative qualities to overlook.

CONS:
- brush is made from goat hair
- the coarse bristles were scratchy and irritated my skin
- it shed horribly, especially after being washed
- at $28 it is a very expensive brush considering the quality
- I prefer a foundation brush with a longer handle, but this might not bother some

PROS:
- creates a full-coverage look

I can't believe I bought the whole collection of brushes. I love that the sales associates admit that you need to replace the brushes every year.... If a brush is of GOOD or even DECENT quality... you don't need to replace a brush! So super scratchy and irritated my skin. The body shop makes far superior brushes... I would have never known without make up alley reviews. the brush bristles literally look like they smushed and melted into one bristle over time. And I wash my brushes with brush soap weekly and dry them appropriately. Horrible products. My derm. who is number one in the state of NJ says not to use their brushes because the bristles they use are off cheap quality and irritate the skin. It keeps SOOOO much product in the bristles too!!! SO you use MORE product then needed!!!!!! I literally see half my product go down the drain every week. Might as well throw my dollars down the drain.. with this quality its the same thing.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I'm not as harsh as this brush! It scratched me like crazy, shed a lot and was not that cheap...I hope I got a defected one and that it is not that bad for everyone else.

The negative reviews pretty much cover it. This brush is scratchy and uncomfortable to use, and sheds. Using it feels awful - Worst experience I had with this brush were the few times it left my face feeling full of stinging nettles, the combination of scratching my face and shedding hairs was just... all bad. They're really hard to clean, get dirty and yucky feeling fast, and they stink. I would not recommend these at all... Save your money and buy one of the awesome e.l.f. Studio brushes.

It's perfectly soft and easy to use with mineral foundation. It makes it easy to control the amount of powder you apply and the size of the brush (I think it's quite) works better for me than I thought. Though it's a bit expensive, I think it's worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Purchased this with a set of B.E. makeup. I like kabuki brushes in general. What I like about this brush is that it gets alot of powder on the brush and does a good job when buffed into the skin. My powder looks great. Unfortunately, this brush is not soft. I would not purchase this again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got my kabuki in the starter set (the one that comes with your foundation, warmth, mineral veil, etc). I have owned my brush since 2007 and it is still in perfect condition. I now no longer really wear powder foundation but use it for touch ups sometimes. I will probably have this brush for years to come. All the other kabuki brushes I have come across are too thin, too stiff, too scratchy, or the handle is made small. The bristles on this brush are soft, full, and thick. I have rarely had any hairs fall out. The price to buy one on it's own is OK, not cheap but not overly expensive. Most certainly a great staple to have to a make up collection if you use any type of face powder.

It was okay when I first used it. But later down on the road, the bristles become very hard (even if I wash it with the special brush cleanser from this line everytime) and it scratches my skin resulting in flaky skin (not a pretty look under my foundation). I can buy an ecotools Kabuki brush from walmart that is way cheaper and way softer than this!

Sheds like crazy, feels uncomfortable on the face! For $50aud, I would rather pay a bit extra and get something softer and won't shed like crazy.

Popular Makeup Brushes