August 27, 2014 | 1939 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

Maybe I'm being harsh but I'm not as harsh as this brush! It scratched me like crazy, shed a lot and was not that cheap...I hope I got a defected one and that it is not that bad for everyone else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The negative reviews pretty much cover it. This brush is scratchy and uncomfortable to use, and sheds. Using it feels awful - Worst experience I had with this brush were the few times it left my face feeling full of stinging nettles, the combination of scratching my face and shedding hairs was just... all bad. They're really hard to clean, get dirty and yucky feeling fast, and they stink. I would not recommend these at all... Save your money and buy one of the awesome e.l.f. Studio brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's perfectly soft and easy to use with mineral foundation. It makes it easy to control the amount of powder you apply and the size of the brush (I think it's quite) works better for me than I thought. Though it's a bit expensive, I think it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this with a set of B.E. makeup. I like kabuki brushes in general. What I like about this brush is that it gets alot of powder on the brush and does a good job when buffed into the skin. My powder looks great. Unfortunately, this brush is not soft. I would not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got my kabuki in the starter set (the one that comes with your foundation, warmth, mineral veil, etc). I have owned my brush since 2007 and it is still in perfect condition. I now no longer really wear powder foundation but use it for touch ups sometimes. I will probably have this brush for years to come. All the other kabuki brushes I have come across are too thin, too stiff, too scratchy, or the handle is made small. The bristles on this brush are soft, full, and thick. I have rarely had any hairs fall out. The price to buy one on it's own is OK, not cheap but not overly expensive. Most certainly a great staple to have to a make up collection if you use any type of face powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

It was okay when I first used it. But later down on the road, the bristles become very hard (even if I wash it with the special brush cleanser from this line everytime) and it scratches my skin resulting in flaky skin (not a pretty look under my foundation). I can buy an ecotools Kabuki brush from walmart that is way cheaper and way softer than this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lilmissely

Sheds like crazy, feels uncomfortable on the face! For $50aud, I would rather pay a bit extra and get something softer and won't shed like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this brush. I got mine with the starter set. It's too scratchy and it sheds like crazy! I'd rather have a nice, soft brush when applying my makeup of any type. I wouldn't purchase this again and I definitely wouldn't use it again if I didn't have to.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hawle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If I could give this product negative lippies, I would. This brush is so irritating! After putting on my mineral foundation, I can even full little scratches on my face and it itches like crazy. It makes my face sting, itch, and look red. I have tried to wash my brush and even get a brand new one.. but there is nothing you can do to save this terrible brush. There is also a lot of shedding and they smell REALLY filthy and bad after a little while no matter what you do to clean them. These are just really bad brushes! Get a $3 E.L.F brush instead!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

My first kabuki brush! On the plus side, it did provide good coverage. But that's pretty much it. It wasn't until I started using other makeup brushes that I realized how scratchy this brush is. If it were a few dollars, I would understand, but it's $28 at sephora, and for that much money, I would expect much better quality. It's synthetic, not natural, which is what accounts for the rough/scratchy texture when used on your skin. Plus, it doesn't last very long - the hairs were falling off within months and getting stuck on my face during application. Keep it long enough, and the entire top comes off of the handle, which just leads to more shedding. Plus, it smells really bad after a while (I feel like it got worse each time I washed it).

I've actually noticed that all bare escentuals brushes are like this - at least the fluffy ones. I still have their concealer brush though - that one's never given me any problems (probably bc the hairs are compact rather than "fluffy")