December 28, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Never Fail Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kali205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I consider this to be expensive because it's not a high end product but the price is edging up that way, at least in Australia. I don't mind this one, and would buy again in other colours. I prefer long lasting lipsticks in general. On first wear I found this lasted a bit over an hour and the I was able to rub my lips together and it flaked right off. I have found that if I blot straight away after applying the colour I get a smooth natural coverage (almost a stain), still with plenty of colour, and it lasts and lasts.

I find the packaging compact but a bit awkward given most of my other lipcolours are in long thin tubes. It's very plasticy and doesn't feel very durable, but I haven't had an issue yet. I also wish that the gloss part was available separately as this will run out first if following the directions of 2 hourly reapplication. I have found that the gloss parts of most longlasting lipsticks are interchangeable so this isn't a dealbreaker. Currently I have 2 colours from the summer 2010 specials - strawberry and raspberry, both quite wearable and there seem to be plenty more to choose from.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by JEiZOMBiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought colours: "100 AZALEA and 310 CRIMSON" and neither of them live up to their names "Infallible Never Fail Lipstick". Even when I carefully follow the instructions, leaving the lipstick on for 2 minutes before using the softening and sealing balm it cracks and fades throughout the night, leaving areas of my lips without lipstick and others still completely covered. Then, when I go to whipe it off with make up remover the excess won't come off my lip without vigorous rubbing.

A lame product I won't use again. I'm giving the practically new lipsticks to my friend because I'm not using them ever again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I got this in teaberry. It LASTS FOREVER. It does not come off with anything short of oil. I wore it all day, eating, talking, drinking, worked out, and then scrubbed with soap and it wouldn't budge Tried cream remover. Nothing. I ended up using olive oil (no oil-based makeup remover in my house) which did the trick. I'm impressed and pleased. Downside: I have dry lips so after the gloss topcoat wears off, the teaberry shimmer looked a little dry. With topcoat touch ups though, it's pure gold. Want to try some other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by RegannP

I tres adore Infallible Beyonce Red! I wanted this after I saw that Kandee Johnson recommended it. I came on here and read the reviews & was a little worried that it might suck. I have to say this IS THE BEST lipstick I have ever used! I have tried everything from Wet & Wild to Dior and everything in between. This is long last, even after dinner, cigarettes, & many glasses of wine. I did not experience any flaking or drying. It is PERFECT! I plan on purchasing every color that I would wear through this brand. If I had to describe in one word: Unbelievable!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really hated this stuff. I tried and tried to put it on right--waiting, not blotting, not pressing together, and it seemed like I just couldn't get it right. Then, if I did manage to get it on right, it would eventually start wearing off un-evenly, leaving me flaky and spotted. Ugh. I figured if anything requires this much fussing, it's probably not worth it anyway. And this stuff isn't exactly cheap. It costs around $12, which I think is a lot for a lackluster drug store makeup. I'd rather spend the $12 on a decent quality gloss or lipstick and keep re-applying. After using about 1/5 of the tube, I binned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got mine off ebay for $6 shipped - so I put the price at a 2 (I would consider a 1 to be something that is $1), however, know that in stores these are ridiculously expensive in my opinion - somewhere around $12. Sure, you might be able to find a BOGO deal somewhere - but if you really just wanted one color...

Which was my case - I just wanted to try one color called Lily that I read about on here. Everything else seemed way too deep for my complexion, and my preference. I would love a pinky nude - and the Lily color just about fits the bill, but I wish it had the slightest bit more of the nude element to it - it's a nice light, sheer pink with a hint of nude.

That being said, this is maybe the strangest lipstick I've ever tried! You use the color side first, and it feels like a long-wear lipcolor at first, and then right away it feels super sticky! Like a super matte, super sticky combo. Strange! Then, you put the clear side on, and everything feels right with the world again. After you've used the clear side, it does feel quite nice.

My only advice would be to use a lip liner. I'll try that next time! ONe last thing - I didn't notice the typical L'Oreal lip scent with this product, which is great for me - I don't care for their scent, usually.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up on clearance at Target. The shade is #15 Lily, which is probably being DC'ed, since it was $4.54 on clearance. I'm not really thrilled with long-wearing lipsticks & gloss sticks. However, this does not lie about it's long-wearing abilities. Apply one coat of the color, let set for 60 seconds (even less) and this will NOT budge at all. It stays on ALL day through everything. So it lives up to it's claim.

I personally do not like the feel it once the overgloss wears off. While it does not feel as bad as a Revlon gloss I bought that made my lips feel shrink wrapped, you do get a dry feel if you don't apply the "conditioning topcoat". Also, I feel that since you have to re-apply the topcoat to get the color to "shine", you are going to go through the topcoat much more quickly than the color and I don't see where they sell the topcoat seperately. Also, the tubes of color and topcoat and not removeable from their silver "sleeve". So if you wanted to carry just the topcoat with you, it is not possible.

All in all, while the color of this is lovely ( a kind of soft pink), I would not re-purchase. I will perhaps keep this for evenings where I am going out and don't want to keep whipping out a lipcolor to apply. Also, be warned, you need oil or an oily type remover to get this off. I swatched some on my hand and let it set and it took serious "scrubbing" to remove this from my hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by washati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my neverending quest for the perfect lipcolor, I ran across these at CVS for 75% off. Discontinued colors, I'm guessing, as many other colors were still at $11.99. It took me a while to get the hang of this stuff- Apply one thin coat to smooth, dry lips, DO NOT BLOT or press your lips together. This will lead to a wrinkly mouth that looks terrble. Allow the color to dry for the suggested one minute, then apply topcoat. I have this in Primrose, Gardenia, Cinnamon, Orchid and Walnut- each color goes fabulous with a specific look, natural, smoky, dramatic, etc. The color lasts for hours, but I took one lippie off for the ring that forms when the middle section of color wears off. The only way to remove is with soap or an oil-based cleanser, so I have to scrub my lips to reapply. All in all, a fantastic bargain at $2.99! Snap these up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by starcatcher267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is INFALLIABLE indeed! It's the best lipstick I've ever bought. I'm not sure if it really does last 16 hours as the packaging claims it to because it wipes off pretty easily. So I have to be careful when it comes to eating. The shade I chose (Orchid) looks great on me. Love this product. I would definitely buy it again. I was lucky to buy it when it was on clearance for $3 (retail is $12).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by corinreid

I generally hate these long lasting lipsticks. But this one is pretty good. I bought it at Walmart for about $10. I usually use high end makeup, so I'm okay with this price. I bought it in Henna, which is a peachy-brownish color. Subtle and perfect for work.

Like most long lasting lipsticks, it has that yucky very dry feeling. The top coat is nice though - really moisturizing and smells great. I love the packaging. The lipstick and top coat are in separate tubes which are imbedded in this little silver casing that acts like a mirror.

No, not the most OMG holy grail product in the world, but very decent for everyday use.

Oh and it does last! I came home from work yesterday and it was still on, despite lunch and several snacks.