E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush

Price: $

on 3/7/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I recently ordered the e.l.f studio line brush set and this brush came with it. And I can't say anything but positive things about this brush. It's extremely inexpensive in comparison to high end stores and has the same quality. It is great for adding crease colour, blending and work on the outer v. The bristles are very soft and its a dense brush , I haven't experienced any shedding even after washing it a few time. Definitely a staple in my makeup kit.

on 1/27/2012 10:32:00 AM

A little too big for my eyes if I used it for e/s, but it works wonders with cream products like concealer and eye primer.

on 11/22/2011 12:46:00 AM

I love this brush!!! it's great for crease..and inner highlight I love it so much!! GLAD I BOUGHT IT!!!!

on 11/3/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great little brush! I use it as my crease brush, and it does a fairly good job. I don't find that it picks up much color, but it's great for blending, and, as with their other Studio Line brushes, it looks nice and hasn't shed at all in my use. I don't reach for it everyday, but when doing any outer V work, this bad boy is my choice.

on 10/16/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well made brush but I don't really find it useful. I sometimes create the outer V with it but it's too big for that and not particularly good for anything else except for applying highlighter but any brush can do that. I find it a bit too stiff and I don't really like the shape. The bristles don't seem to be good at blending either. It doesn't shed at all so it's still money well spent. I do think it's good, I just prefer others.

on 10/9/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Is My Favorite Eyeshadow Brush.! I Use It To Put Darker Shades In My Crease And It Works BEAUTIFULLY! And For Three Dollars The Quality Is Amazing. I REALLY RECOMMEND IT!

Cons: It's Only available at target and eyeslipsface.com

I would definitely buy this again, but probably won't have to

on 9/27/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush
I bought at Target.
I've been wanting to add more brushes to my collection. I've only used MAC brushes and heard there were some great quality low cost drugstore brands. So I dove in and tried several E.L.F. brushes.
Quality of bristles:
The hair and bristles are soft but have structure to them. This is not a flimsy brush.
Design of brush:
I love the tapered, rounded design of the bristles.
Performance: Blending is easy and you can get into small spaces. You can use it to smudge lines and blend in the crease. Love it.
Performance over time:
I've deep cleaned my brush on more than one occasion: no fall out or changing of bristles.
Cost: Inexpensive.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
My rating is EXCELLENT for this product.

on 9/19/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the size of this bush, it is just perfect. Great for outer crease work and I also like to use it to apply a highlight under my brow bone on days when I go for a more minimal makeup look.

on 8/24/2011 9:22:00 PM

This is the one and only elf brush I love and would repurchase. I love pencil/crease brushes!! I like the smaller ones over the larger fluffy ones because i can get good concentrated control of where I put the dark shadow in the crease. , My mac pencil brush is mush smaller, this one is a larger short dome brush but it is excellent and i use it everyday.

on 7/16/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this at Target since I had a couple extra bucks lying around and I am sooo glad I did.

A few months ago I splurged and bought the $25+ Kat Von D concealer after hearing so many great reviews for under eye circles (which I have a severe case of). I was so psyched to try it at home but I was incredibly disappointed because not only did it look cakey but it creased like crazy. I almost screamed in anguish and went straight back to Sephora to return it. After a bit of a breather I decided to keep it and save it for another day. Finally months later, I recalled watching the YT Make-Up guru pixiwoo use a small brush similar to this brush for her concealer and decided to give it a try and the result was...PERFECT. Absolutely perfect, I swear. I rarely ever write reviews for things unless I am really sure it works, which is not very often, but I had to rave about this. Not only does it work but now I can finally conceal those ungodly stubborn under eye circles that I've had for years.

If you are using the Kat Von D Tattoo concealer and not have had very successful results I suggest you try applying it with this little brush. Put a tiny amount on the back of your hand, dip the brush so a little product goes on and then dot, swipe, and blend under your eyes and it will blend beautifully. After that set it with any translucent powder and you're good to go!

The only reason I was thinking about not purchasing this was because of the price. I saw a Target brand brush similar to this for a dollar cheaper (a dollar is a lot for us student folk) but I didn't like the brown bristles which is a pet peeve of mine. I purchased it because I thought it looked so much more sleek with the complete black design.

I've yet to use it for eyeshadow application but if I do, I will be buying another for sure.