July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer in Wild Rose (119)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lkertscher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has turned out to be one of my favorite glosses. It is a great YLBB color. To me, it is more mauve than rose, but is gorgeous nonetheless. It has a slight shimmer, but does not feel gritty. I believe this is a limited edition spring 2009 color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a divine makeover at the Chanel Counter at Nordies and bought this Glossimer in Wild Rose (No. 119). It is - as other accurately described before me) a neutral pink/mauvey rose and is very flattering on its own or atop other colors.

Just the right amount of microglitter. I love it - but for $25.00 I may not buy it again in a hurry. I have loads of MAC Lipglass to use up, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Qua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good "everyday" gloss. When it came out, i swatched it on my hand and it didn't impress me, but still i kept thinking about it... the tone is elegant dusty rose with a moderate amount of tiny sparkles which may seem boring (and so i thought) but i'm glad i bought it in the end, i've been wearing it every day since. This is typical Chanel - no wow-wow at first but irresistible once tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is a gorgeous MLBB. It is the cool mauve sister of VGV lipgloss. There are tiny silvery-bluish sparkles which don't show up as glitter but rather add to the shininess of this color. As this is part of the spring 2009 collection, I also can't help but wonder if they changed the formula somewhat, as I felt a tiny bit of a lip-plumper type sting. At any rate, I am in love. Since this is MLBB I can pretty much wear it with anything, although it does look nice with a neutral brown eye and rose dust JC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is my first glossimer and it is a rockstar! I own several l/g like most MUA'rs, mostly Stila, MAC, BB, NARS etc.. and I am really impressed with this. I love the packaging of course but the texture is really moisturizing and long lasting and the shade is very close to my natural lipcolor so it really just polishes up my look. I would describe the color as a mauvy-rose with shimmer, which looks to be green in some lights. It is definately unique to me and I'm glad I got it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the nicest Glossimers Chanel has come out with recently. It's a cross between rose and mauve with a nice amount of shimmer, not on the frosty side like Pin-Up. I love wearing it with pink or lavender blush and grey eye shadow. Since my lips are pale and cool-toned it's the perfect MLBB shade, but if you're warm-toned with pigmented lips this may not be the best color for you. Still, it's a gorgeous shade and unique enough to warrant buying even if you have a ton of other pinky- rose lip glosses (like me!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Chanel really excels at nudey, light lipgloss. Sundress and summer plum are my 2 faves of all time and wild rose is no exception. The other reviewer described it well. I don't see much silver in it just a faint shimmer or glow. It reads like a true rosy shade with a definite warmth to it. No orange at all and just a beautiful gloss that does read somewhat plummy/mauvey on me depending on my other makeup that day. Perfection. This better become permanent is all I have to say!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this tonight and I love it. Wild Rose is the most gorgeous glossimer: a neutral-cool, pinky-rose MLBB with a lot of sparkles. It's like Sarong's rosier, pinker sister. I would give this 5 lipsticks if it was just a little less sparkly (although it doesn't show as much on the lips, it's still a little too much for me). This gloss definately gets 5 lipsticks for the formula, which is non-sticky, long-lasting, moisturizing, and completely unfragranced. I would say this color has medium coverage/ pigmentation. I'm so happy this shade isn't LE. It's a versatile, very flattering color and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by piasucks2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was determined to buy something from the Chanel spring collection. Determined. Wild Rose is the most non-offensive, universal product in the whole collection, so I figured I'd start there.
It's a really pretty mauvey rose (mid-tone) with tons of micro shimmers, although they're all monochromatic and thus don't stand out like the kind in MAC's dazzleglass. The downside there is when I rub my lips together I can feel the shimmers. It's not super gritty, but for such an expensive gloss, the shimmer can definitely be finer. I don't need my lips exfoliated by my gloss...I usually make sure that's done beforehand. What is not so awesome is that after the gloss wears off (evenly, btw) the shimmers remain, which looks sloppy, strange, and kind of childish. It's also very, very sheer; much more so than the other Chanel glosses. It's not too light or dark, which paired with it's sheerness makes it 100% universal. If you're paler than NC30 or have any slight coolness to your face, this will warm your face up a little bit. Other than that.. I am not impressed at all. My lips still shone through with two applications of the gloss, and it's only slightly buildable - if you keep adding layers then it will look too glittery.

If this wear more opaque and had finer shimmer, I could see it be an HG. Once I got home I busted out MAC Soft and Slow gloss, and put S and S on one side of my lips, and Wild Rose on the other half. Wild Rose is about a shade lighter, and pinkier than MAC Soft and Slow (Neo Sci-Fi, Smoke Signals). Soft and Slow has pearl shot throughout it, versus Wild rose's shimmer. Wild Rose's shimmer is visible, though subtle on the lips.. Soft and Slow's is not. Anyway, the side with Wild Rose just looked like I had put some clear gloss with shimmer on it, where the soft and slow side actually came out the colour of the tube, something to be appreciated! I don't want a light, sheer hue of the colour on tube, I want the full-fledged thing! Returning this tomorrow. Another reviewer (there are two reviews for this, check them both out under: Chanel "Wild Rose") has some other variations that may seem like they're more pigmented. HTH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I've found my new favorite (and I say this sparingly, as I own and love/hate my stash of Glossimers). This is a MLBB color: the perfect way to describe the color is a cross between Giggle and Pagoda. Wild Rose is a pink-brown mauve, with silver specks (visible in tube, not on lips). It is pinker than Giggle, less mauvy than Pagoda. On lips, it is like a just-bitten-apple-pink with a hint of beige. Perfect for winter.